Xmas dinner

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

We will be in CDS this year at Xmas for the first time and are looking for a good traditional  British Xmas dinner. Will be staying in Elviria area but have car so will travel. Any suggestions?

Like 0      
17 Oct 2007 9:24 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Stick a turkey in the oven and eat al fresco on your terrace!!!!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 8:26 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

OOOOH NO!!!  Isn't that why we go away for Christmas to get away from all the cooking and washing up??? Christmas in the sun! Stroll along the beach on Christmas morning....Bottle of champers sitting outside, instead of sweating over the oven with damp, cold weather outside.. Then a nice lunch with a few drinks and happy faces around.  (Apart from the poor people stuck in THAT kitchen ,cooking Christmas dinner)!!  Then a nice walk again in the sun ( hopefully) to walk off lunch? Or just stay and have a few more drinks (or is that just me?)

No sorry...I wouldn't stick a turkey in the oven... go out and have fun! Its Christmas after all!!!

Hope you find somewhere.

Trish x

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 1:06 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

I am not thinking for a minute of sticking a turkey in the oven. I want a nice restaurant to do that for me, and the washing up. So where do I go?

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 3:30 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Elviria beach - go to Perla Blanca, spanish, on white sand but not sure if they do turkey! From opencor, drive/walk over the bridge. Past alanda homes on left to the roundabout with green metal blobby sculpture. Turn right. Go on that road approx 500m, you will see a sign for it. Turn left and to the beach, its there

Otherwise the Don Carlos will be poshnosh and I would think entertainment

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 7:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

All the hotels will be doing trad Brit dinner to capitalise on the fact that so many want to eat out on Xmas Day - usually packages at the hotels are about 120€ plus a head - includes trad lunch and maybe a glass of wine.

Most Brit oriented restaurants will be doing traditional lunch but you need to book early as there is a lot of demand.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 7:44 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Our restaurant is open on Christmas Day;

Glass of Champagne on arrival

Choice of starter

Choice of main course

Choice of dessert

Cheese & Biccies

Coffee & Florentines

£65.00 per head

The drawback is..................you have to come back to the UK for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 8:07 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry but Croydon is simply out of the question!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 8:18 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Sounds lovely Cioffi1.....but still need to go over to Spain! If we can not find anywhere doing traditional Xmas lunch on CB, we will eat out anywhere and anything. I will make my own crackers and sit on the beach (even if its cold) and have chicken sandwich, prawn cocktail and Champagne if the worst comes to the worst!!

regards

Trish x

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 8:53 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
25 degrees Xmas Day on the CDS 2006!!!!!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 8:56 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Smiley...............shame on you, there's nothing wrong with Croydon!!! Should any of you change your mind - I only have one table left!!!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 9:21 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

NOTHING WRONG WITH IT THAT A SWINGING BALL COULDNT IMPROVE - IS THAT MONSTROSITY OF A BUILDING - THINK IT WAS AN INSURANCE COMPANY STILL THERE - ONLY JOKING CROYDONS A LOVELY PLACE AND TO BE HONEST I DONT KNOW IT THAT WELL DESPITE HAVING LIVED IN BECKENHAM FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 9:49 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Mmmmm..Beckenham...where all the old people live!!!!!!!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 9:54 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Not in my day but then I am an old fart now so guess they must all be as well

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 9:57 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

It sounds like there is no shortage of restaurants and/or hotels doing the trad Xmas dinner, but booking ahead is a problem when you are not there. Is there any online addresses I can look and book in?

Like 0      
19 Oct 2007 11:06 AM by Crazy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

£65 for Xmas dinner WOW. Last year i paid 55E for all the trimmings and drink included. Have booked this year going to Sabores near Playa Los Locos Beach not sure how much it will be yet but nowhere near £65. Enjoy wherever you end up!

This message was last edited by Crazy on 10/19/2007.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2007 4:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Without specifics the best thing in all probability that you can do is to look at the Costa del Sol tourist board site and pick up the sites of individual hotels from there. There arent that many restaurants here that have sites and it is then a question of which ones are open for Christmas Day lunch and which not and specifically where you want to be CDS is a big place - Streets of London in Fuengirola is definitely open and they are doing Xmas Day for 70€ per head

Like 0      
19 Oct 2007 6:31 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

http://www.marbella.com/eng/cat.asp?cat=78

http://www.marbella.com/eng/cat.asp?cat=12

Try these sites for restaurants and hotels in and around Marbella - good luck and enjoy your Xmas lunch - failing that there is always the Golden Arches in Banus

This message was last edited by Smiley on 10/19/2007.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2007 10:46 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Thanks to all replies to my Xmas dinner thread. My daughter has now decided she is going to raid Morrisons in Gibraltar and cook it herself. Kids, eh!!!   (and she's only 40, there's no hope now, is there?)

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 7:08 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

On another forum a member posted pictures of her family celebrating xmas on the beach complete with festive hats. 

I bought a Costa Blanca News at Alicante airport on my way home last week, I've just had a look for you as I'm sure they advertise in there about xmas lunches but couldn't find it in the main part of paper.  It must be in the TV pullouts which went with the recycling yesterday.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sunset Beach Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
LINDA QUINN - 1 posts
music - 1 posts
Work permits, et al for Spanish Employment - 2 posts
Pregnant when you move to spain - 2 posts
Buying a property with a Ltd Co - 2 posts
Los Noranjos Apartments in Terque - 5 posts
PHASE 3 - 4 posts
how to move on to Spain - 0 posts
Mortgage Help - 3 posts
THE FONDUE LOUNGE - 4 posts
Help for Completion Please - 24 posts
Claims Form - Consumer Rights - 14 posts
snagging - 5 posts
Proindal web site - 3 posts
Cleaning Services - 1 posts
Successfully bought a property abroad without pressure. - 1 posts
Villa Martin - 4 posts
laguna green - 28 posts
Trips to Ibiza and Majorca - 5 posts
Forum Link Banner Changes - 9 posts
Hi Everyone - 32 posts
anthony worrall - 0 posts
Transferrable skills.... - 6 posts
Nueva Beach Club - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 77

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x