Non lucrative visa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2022 7:19 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Posting three times doesn't make you right ;-)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Mar 2022 9:56 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Windtalker

You mean the site that starts off with:

A non-lucrative residence visa is a unique type of residency permit in Spain for non-European citizens who insinuate to travel to Spain for long term life. 
However, the applicants must prove their financial capabilities of supporting their stay in Spain for at least one year. without working.

Then goes on to say:

Q. If I apply for a spanish Non-Lucrative Visa, must I live in Spain for a certain period of time?

A.Yes, this residence requires you to stay a minimum of 183 days a year in the country.

Q. With the Non Lucrative Visa you become a tax resident in Spain?

A. This permit requires you to stay a minimum of 183 days a year in Spain in order to be able to renew it, in conclusion you will become a Spanish tax resident. Furthermore, you will pay personal income tax on the income you earn worldwide.

Please show anywhere on the site you have linked where it says the NLV is for anyone, not just those taking up residency? 

Like 0      
20 Mar 2022 9:48 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mariedav...if you read the complete document ..it clearly states that a NLV can be extended for up to five years... providing you have the required funds to support yourself and have a health care insurance in place ..it's only after the five year period that you will be required to take up a Spanish Tax Residency.if you wish to remain in Spain....the only drawback is that you will have to pay €500 to obtain a NVL.

Forgot to say ...Roberto please refrain from making stupid comments if you have nothing of interest to say.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 3/20/2022.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2022 11:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Right back at you ;-)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Mar 2022 12:10 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

I suggest you read it again, windtalker. After 5 years you can apply for permanent residency but you have to take out tax residency because you have to spend over 183 days in the first year in Spain. 

You are deliberately misreading the entire article to try and make it fit your narrative which it isn't.

Even someone who took out residency before the deadline only gets temporary residency until the five years is up but become tax residents. 

How about the Schengen Visa advice page:

Validity of a Spanish Non-Lucrative Visa

A Spanish Non-Lucrative Visa is valid for three months and 15 days. Within this period, you will need to apply for your Non-Lucrative Residence Permit in Spain.

The Residence Permit is initially issued with a validity of two years. You can then renew the permit for another 5 years given that you have stayed at least six months per year with a Non Lucrative Residence Permit in Spain during the last two years.

After five years in Spain with a temporary residence permit, you will be eligible to apply for a permanent residence permit.

Like 2      
20 Mar 2022 7:02 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mariedav. ...you are assuming that the person that is applying for a NLV wants to become a Spanish Tax resident.. what's to stop anyone from obtaining a NVL that has absolutely no intention in becoming a Spanish Tax Resident .. apparently you can stay in Spain for 183 days out of the year ..and then you can go back to the UK for the reminder of the year.... what's to stop you from doing this for the next five years..and simply changing your mind after the five year period....and not becoming a Spanish a .. returning to the UK ...and then starting the Process again with a new NLV .

Like 0      

Mariedav. ...you are assuming that the person that is applying for a NLV wants to become a Spanish Tax resident.. what's to stop anyone from obtaining a NVL that has absolutely no intention in becoming a Spanish Tax Resident .. apparently you can stay in Spain for 183 days out of the year ..and then you can go back to the UK for the reminder of the year.... what's to stop you from doing this for the next five years..and simply changing your mind after the five year period....and not becoming a Spanish a .. returning to the UK ...and then starting the Process again with a new NLV .

Like 0      

Mariedav. ...you are assuming that the person that is applying for a NLV wants to become a Spanish Tax resident.. what's to stop anyone from obtaining a NVL that has absolutely no intention in becoming a Spanish Tax Resident .. apparently you can stay in Spain for 183 days out of the year ..and then you can go back to the UK 

This message was last edited by windtalker on 3/20/2022.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2022 8:52 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

OK, I surrender. All the sites, the links, the government advice and so on saying the NLV is for taking out residency and is only valid for 3 months and 15 days are totally wrong.

I have posted to the chap in my original post that linked to the UK government, the Spanish government sites and several articles from solicitors and residency experts and told him he is wrong.

I've told them all that someone who can't even get the intials right on EOS and keeps calling it a NVL is the fount of all knowledge and is absolutely correct and all those are absolutely wrong.

He is going to pay a couple of thousand euro and get one so he can stay in Spain for up to 6 months, despite it only being valid for 3 months, and do this every year (even though it says you can only apply once and, if you don't take up residency within that 3 months it will be invalid and not allowed again) and get this magic visa in his passport.

I give in, I totally bow my head to the all knowing one who has this idea and wish him the best of luck on trying it. I'm sure he'll come back in the future and explain how easy it was, how little it cost and how simple it was to do. 

Bye bye.

Like 2      
21 Mar 2022 8:51 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mariedav sometimes you are a complete Arse .. you are correct about your first NLV lasting 3 months and 15 days..but what you are failing to  mention is that within this period the applicant must register on the Padron which extends ..the NLV to a 12 month period ...I also don't know anything about paying a couple of thousand euros to live in Spain ...as my first Spanish NLV cost €500 which can be extended up to 5 year's ...and I will repeat it again the NLV is also used by people ( like myself ) that want to live in Spain temporary with absolutely no intention on becoming a permanent resident the only drawback being that after the 183 day period you are obligated   to pay Taxes in Spain...as for the 3 months and 15 days pre Brexshite a UK citizen was obliged to register on the Padron ..just the same as post Brexshite ...and this as you well know  did not make them a Tax resident as you had to live in Spain for 183 days to be classified as a Tax resident ...hence the reason Pre Brexshite no one bothered to register on the Padron. ..(me included). basically the only things that's changed Post and Pre Brexshite is that you need proof of income and a health care insurance that covers you for the duration of your stay ...and if you look at all the other types of Spanish Visas that are available ..all these Visas where required to stay in Spain by a British citizen Pre Brexshite just the same as they are Post Brexshite..but as you know the Spanish did not inforce the law due the the British being part of the so called EU... sometimes being street wise is better than being clever...and this is the last post on this forum from myself.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 3/24/2022.

Like 2      
09 Jul 2022 3:19 PM by marcorobi1 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Get an official IELTS|TOEFL certificate.
If you are planning to study, work or live abroad, IELTS can help you get there!

We provide requisite assistance to those who, for one reason or another cannot take the TESOL, PTE, Goethe test or obtain the desired score demanded by institutions, employers, or embassies.👩‍🎓♻️

Contact via
Telegram: ............ Registraboard
WhatsApp:........... +44 7458 038792

Like 0      
30 Dec 2022 11:07 AM by LeonardSlaterd Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I can highly recommend the services of Scot Visas. They are a team of immigration experts based in Scotland who specializes in non-lucrative visa applications.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2022 12:07 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

These are the requisites for the Non Lucrative Visa:

https://costaluzlawyers.es/blog/non-lucrative-visa-for-spanish-residency/

Happy New Year!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

baldy - 23 posts
Builder required - 5 posts
Buying in Moraira - any advice please? - 9 posts
Returning to UK with Spanish sale proceeds - 0 posts
Weather in Jan & Feb - 5 posts
UPVC Doors - Fuengirola - 0 posts
Best places to eat in Moraira & Javea area in Feb & Mar? - 1 posts
Extortion tactics from builder - 21 posts
Eye on Spain see my email address as invalid - 1 posts
Was it hard for you to get used to live in Spain? - 5 posts
Corvera, Huma, Inversiones Manymar, Socribo, Sol Mijas--CostaLuz Lawyes new won cases - 4 posts
High Water Bills in Javea Spain - 1 posts
The BREXIT has it affected you living in Spain - 0 posts
Tests4You - Bad experience - 11 posts
Driving in Spain UK licence - 5 posts
Revolut account - 0 posts
Eurona - how to end your contract? Help - 4 posts
Proposal for Community to supply phone, TV and internet. - 11 posts
House Purchase - 17 posts
Non res tax- ouch!! - 56 posts
HEARING AID - 3 posts
Do you need a PCR test - 5 posts
Water leakage - 10 posts
Rent in Spain - 6 posts
Change Administrator for a Spanish sl company - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x