All seems to have gone pear shaped

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Oct 2007 6:50 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ohhh - you sound like that insurance guy!!!

Nah had nothing since a banana this morning, cept of 2 coffees, 4 teas, water and some juice - my legs wont move Ive been in this chair for nigh on 2 days - changing web and adding features

But out all day tomorrow wiht good weather, hood down and wind in hair. YEHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:50 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I thought you only liked six packs!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Never mind the chocolate, she must be on Red Bull or something, the speed at which I'm getting replies by pm & e-mail! Calm down, dear!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
One too many.......

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

For Rixxy to nibble on.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:21 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

No - Im very fussy which brand I prefer !

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:19 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You'll eat any brand of chocolate

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:13 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thanks Roberto - and your reply has been sent!

Dunno about Topics - I prefer Mars Bars 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Careful Smiley, the Topic Police may be watching.............

Rixxy, have pm'd. I know there's nothing illegal about it, but merely staying within the bounds of the law doesn't seem to be enough for some people.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 2:12 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
There speaketh the expert - not sure what you mean about puffing on a Cuban - think she was actually Argentinian but didnt check her passport!!

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 11:27 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Roberto - no its doesnt have to be done via a compnay and the time limit you mention can be varied! Ive known it be open ended for when the property sells on!

I think it actually works better for the little guy and I am on the brink of organizing a second one of these now - its not illegal at all either, just to clarify that one!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 11:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Smiley, be honest, you were just daydreaming about dwarfs whilst puffing on a Cuban, weren't you?!

I am aware of the "loophole" you mentioned for "certain people" buying and selling property. I think the risk becomes greater at times like these (can we call it a sub-prime time?), since there is a time limit involved, and of course there's never any guarantee of shifting a property within a specified time limit - especially when you are at the mercy of snail-paced Mexican labourers for 2 or 3 months to begin with! Also, a "certain person's" gestor advised that it has to be done through a company (true or not?) which unless you already have a trading entity, or are going to be doing it on a larger scale than "certain people", probably all but negates the benefit in the first place. But of course I'd be interested to hear what you know about this.

Noreen, nice one! Good to think that I was able to supply some good news!!! (Still feeling rather silly though)

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 9:03 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Look on the bright side Mark - at least you have had one bit of good news this week!!!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 8:32 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Cant believe that I didnt spot it either - then again all I really wanted to do was make the point about living in the UK - IVA on land is also 16% interestingly enough - seems weird as they are all property related but then this is Spain and nobody ever said they would make it easy for anyone to understand!!!! LOL

FYI Roberto there is a system that allows people like YOU to buy property and sell on without incurring the 7% TT - gosh I just know thats going to open the floodgates ..................................................There is a risk (small I think to someone like you) but one worth taking for many many people and the Spanish do it regularly.

Off home now as I have a nice bird waiting to be carved - and for those of you with a warped mind it is a roast chicken!!

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 8:03 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Phewwwww!!!!!!!!

Mark

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 8:00 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

We were also told 7% for our new build.

We paid our 20% deposit back in July & had to add an extra 7% on that amount with the balance due on completion.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 7:59 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Whoa! Just testing! Can't believe Smiley didn't spot the deliberate mistake. Sorry, Mark, honestly didn't mean to alarm you. I'm waiting to compete on a new trastero (storage room) which, like a garage, if part of the purchase of a home will attract 7%, just like the home itself (you are correct). But if purchased separately, as in this case, for some reason IVA is charged at 16%. I was thinking about that when I posted before.

Apologies again for the mistake, and thanks for pointing it out promptly  I feel silly.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 7:42 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Doesn't it seem strange that David Cameron gets a round of applause for suggesting scrapping the 1% stamp duty currently charged on homes up to £250k, while here in Spain we pay 16% IVA on new homes, or 7% transfer tax on resales, regardless of their value?

Don't upset me more Roberto, everyone (solicitor, agent, bank, etc) have told us the IVA on a new build is 7%

Mark

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 7:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Didn't say I wanted to live there - I'd just like the Spanish govt. to reduce transfer tax to a level that won't continue to cause unrealistic inflation in property prices when "certain people" buy property and try to sell it on quickly for a profit!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 7:22 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

But then youd have to live with all the other stuff that goes on over there - especially the politics

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving to almeria - 7 posts
Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts
The RAIN in Spain.......................... - 40 posts
halloween/guy fawkes - 0 posts
Ryannair Summer flights 2008 - 1 posts
Llanera in trouble - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
20,001 Members - 7 posts
Money transfers to spain - 8 posts
eirlys floyd - 1 posts
spanish wills. - 17 posts
Community Is The Key To Success! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 180

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x