All seems to have gone pear shaped

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Nov 2007 7:03 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Starting to become very chilled now

Mark

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 6:42 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

You know I wasn't gloating really.

You will get there in the end so relax over the weekend to recharge

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Crikey More you had me worried, I thought it was a suppository at first

WHATEVER IT TAKES, MARK, WHATEVER IT TAKES !!!

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Crikey More you had me worried, I thought it was a suppository at first

Mark

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:22 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Even worse, they didn't have to do a thing!! I did all the hard work putting the bank account details into the internet payment site and I pressed the button and was charge €60 for the priviledge!! The computer did the rest.

Yes, I did check all the details were correct before pressing send and I have been looking at the account numbers all afternoon too

Mark

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Why is nothing in Spain easy ????

Join the club, Mark.  Whyever should it be a doddle for you ? (Only joking, just you're not the only one who had hassles BUT it shouldn't happen, all the same.) You'll get there, most of us did. Just keep on taking the pills. Bit big to get down but you need a lorra chilling.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/30/2007.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:13 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Hey Mark, the daft thing is, all they have to do is press a button anyway!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:08 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Noreen

Only joking

Mark

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Karen

But our transfer was from Barclays Spain to Deutsche Bank Spain. The money never left the country. 48 hours max for a national transfer they said. (huff/ puff)

Mark

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:06 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I can do happy on a Friday - I transferred on a Thursday & it was in my account in Spain first thing Monday morning & Friday was a bank holiday in Spain, so I guess it could have been even quicker!!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 4:02 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Hi Mark, sorry to be the 'gloom' person, but we transfered about 3000€ from England to Spain a few weeks ago ( we've done this loads of times and it usually takes 3 days ) and it took 11 days............turned out the English bank had not actually transfered it tho they said they had. Also once our money got stuck in Madrid clearing bank for a few days.............yours will be there somewhere...........tranquilla!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 3:53 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Our biggest concern is where our €40,000 is?? The bank say that the money has been successfully transferred and deposited, the building society say it has not arrived . Trying to get them to look and see if it is in their suspense account is like asking for a kidney!! Recalling the payment is an option I suppose, but that costs as much as it did to send!

I am really starting to get to hate some aspects of the system .

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 3:41 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

Sorry to hear it didn't happen..... but you must have known it wouldn't go smoothly

Good Luck for Monday

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 2:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Why is nothing in Spain easy????

We were supposed to complete at 11.00am this morning (Spain time). We had heard nothing by 12.30 so text the solicitor. We were then told the completion had been cancelled today as the funds we sent to our bank's gestoria hadn't arrived in time although they were there!! We sent the money by bank transfer last Friday, how long can it take for god's sake? Our solicitor told us that it has been re- arranged for Monday morning. In the meantime, our mortgage agent has telephoned to say that the Gestoria doesn't have the funds and that completion can't take place. What the blinking flip is going on??? Poor old Dave Baxter wasn't told either by our solicitor, so he was hanging around the notary like a lemon until someone told him it wasn't going to happen.

Of course, everything shuts early in Spain on a Friday, so we now have to wait until Monday to be sure if the money is there or not and if it is not, where it is. Plus, the possibility of penalties now. I am really, really cheesed off now. I thought all the bad stuff was behind us now.

Mark

On the plus side, we must have electricity as Endessa debited our account with €50.60 today. what for? B+ggered if I know .

Like 0      
27 Nov 2007 11:43 AM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, Good luck on Friday!

Like 0      
26 Nov 2007 1:47 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hey Mark, 

ENJOY !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
26 Nov 2007 1:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks everyone. I know our problems pale into insignificance compared to some of the horror stories I have read, but it is quite stressful nonetheless. Only 4 sleeps now .

Mark

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 6:33 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Good Luck Mark.

I bet Friday can't come quickly enough.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 6:09 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Mark, I'm getting excited for you!  Best of luck this week.

Justi

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 4:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving to almeria - 7 posts
Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts
The RAIN in Spain.......................... - 40 posts
halloween/guy fawkes - 0 posts
Ryannair Summer flights 2008 - 1 posts
Llanera in trouble - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
20,001 Members - 7 posts
Money transfers to spain - 8 posts
eirlys floyd - 1 posts
spanish wills. - 17 posts
Community Is The Key To Success! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 180

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x