Owning a Spanish car as a Non-Resident

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2022 11:38 PM by Tom137 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks for replying, hire cars are far to expensive, so want to buy a used car, arboleas/Albox 

a little nervous and misinformation does not help, any more information you think of dont hesitate 

our three year jaunt to explore south east and more, Alicante airport parking I hope, thanks 

tom&linda

Like 0      
14 Aug 2022 3:27 PM by gjohnint Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi irrespective of Brexit, the rules in Spain have been and are to putchase a car in Spain as a non resident you need to present either a rental agreement or copy of the deeds for your house in Spain. These will be presented to the Traffic Dept and you will be given a permit to drive your car until formalities have been completed. You can drive your car on your UK licence. 

YOU CANNOT legally take that car to the U.K with a U.K licence or are a UK resident except if formally importing and declaring that car at a U.K border post.

I have purchased 2 vehicles over 15 years as a non resident. 

Like 2      
20 Aug 2022 12:55 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

I feel sorry for all the English people coming to Spain buying a house or a car is so complicated, I am Irish and I speak to a lot of English who are my friends in Spain and they all tell me they made a serious mistake by voting for Brexit......

Like 0      
20 Aug 2022 2:03 PM by dcp21 Star rating in Mold. 26 posts Send private message

Though Brexit has affected the amount of time we can spend in the Schengen area it has had little to no impact on buying a car. 

Like 0      
26 Aug 2022 1:54 AM by EdilioEsparza Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Speaking about visas, a lot of people took part in the legalizing of everything in the new country. So when you start to read the news about it, the most important thing is the exact guidelines of the process itself. For instance, anything like the professional  does. These guys are ready to help you in every element and writing type. So if you are ready to start the process with their clarification, just enjoy the process and that's it.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

PCR Tests - 9 posts
scrapping a car - 2 posts
Low pressure from new water heater - 2 posts
Court costs - 6 posts
Bank Second Line Security ID - 6 posts
Is Andalusia open to uk residents - 1 posts
for sale nice guitar - 1 posts
wanted snooker partner - 0 posts
UK car in airport parking, no mot and tax - 2 posts
Eu 90 day rule - 46 posts
Floor Clause win - 0 posts
hearing aids - 0 posts
La Tercia Village Murcia - 0 posts
Lack of Communication from Spanish Lawyers - 6 posts
looking to rent long term - 0 posts
Padron Update non EU Citizens - 4 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Stanley Johnson Holidays? - 8 posts
A strong battle against Supreme Court´s recent interpretation of Law 57/68 we are in - 10 posts
Getting Your House Bills Electronically When Stuck In The UK - 8 posts
Pain Clinic - 2 posts
Driver and campervan required June/July for Spain to UK repatriation 1 person, 2 cats and luggage - 0 posts
Mapfre insurance - 4 posts
Law changed to protect the councils ? - 6 posts
Where to get permission to be out in curfew? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x