Law changed to protect the councils ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2021 1:50 PM by Michael52 Star rating in Bushey, Hertfordshir.... 308 posts Send private message

Michael52´s avatar

In November 2015 we sold our flat at a loss, but were still charged plus valia.

The Council ignored both us and our solicitors request for a refund under the law as enacted by the Court in Malaga.

The case which was lodged in 2018, was finally heard in December 2020 and we have today heard that the Supreme Court changed the law in March 2020, two years after our claim so that the rights of the Councils are protected.

To add insult it appears that we may have to pay the Council's costs

Like 0      
09 Mar 2021 2:56 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It is unfortunate that you sold at a loss; this is mainly due to the drop in value of the bricks of your property caused by the financial recession. However during the recession land values have boomed in Spain, well at least according to the local council (“Ayuntamiento“) hence Plusvalia Tax.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2021 6:23 PM by MotrilMumski Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Where can cheaper bricks be purchased at builders merchants?

Seems like their production costs are more fixed, than say arbitrary land?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2021 7:25 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Perhaps you misunderstand Munski, the price of Spanish bricks are subject to market forces and devalue in a recession, but land and taxes like Plusvalia Tax (Candid Camera Tax) thrive in a recession. This was confirmed by the Spanish Supreme Court. 

Like 0      
10 Mar 2021 10:05 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I wonder if the original poster has taken in to consideration the sterling / euro exchange rates when they made the purchase ..I know the exchange rates took a hammering back in 2015 as the euro was nearly the same as sterling..I recently sold a villa that I bought in 2006 the exchange rate was around 1.40 euro's to the £££ when I sold in November 2020 on paper it looked like I lost a packet in reality I actually broke even..as far as the 3% government tax is concerned the government will hold on to this until all outstanding debt is cleared like IBI/none Resident's tax even outstanding water and electricity bills will be paid out of this.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2021 10:25 AM by Michael52 Star rating in Bushey, Hertfordshir.... 308 posts Send private message

Michael52´s avatar

At the hearing the judge agreed that a loss had been incorred, but his judgement conveyed to our lawyer was :-

the resolution of our request for the return of the amount paid as Plusvalía tax. Unfortunately, the judge has dismissed our request due to the most recent doctrine of the Supreme Court of 18 may 2020, in which the Supreme court considered that the security of the administrative acts cannot be attacked by means of invoking the unconstitutionality of the articles annulled by the Constitutional Court, so that acts done before that ruling must prevail as firm acts.

Unfortunately this supreme court ruling came almost two years after the filing of our claim, this change of direction was unexpected and have set to fail several of our cases.

This decision may not be appealed, as the amount claimed is less than 30.000€

In other words protect the Council

Like 0      
12 Mar 2021 9:59 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

After a recent decission by the Supreme Court, dated February 2021, denied claims on Plusvalia can be re-instated if certain requisites are met. This is also possible if the denial by the Administration is not older than 4 years

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where to get permission to be out in curfew? - 0 posts
Costaluz lawyers return of Off plan deposit plus costs and interest - 1 posts
planning permission for a swimming pool ?. - 3 posts
Still Waiting......... - 6 posts
Benamara/Benavista Footbridge over A7 Highway - 0 posts
Money Transfers - 12 posts
Let me help you! Expat in Spain (Andalusia) - Anything that needs to be done on your property... - 0 posts
New-Build Property and Guarantee Insurance - 2 posts
Playa flamenca Jumilla complex - 4 posts
Non-Lucrative Residence Visa - 20 posts
3% retention - 9 posts
Banco Santander, Manilva (San luis de Sabinillas) email address known? - 3 posts
New buyer location advice - 2 posts
looking to rent and then buy in Chantada/Rodeiro area - 2 posts
Bank Charges - 19 posts
Importing car to Spain post Brexit - 1 posts
Community AGMs - 6 posts
Import duty - 2 posts
Taxes on gift ? - 0 posts
Property Finders - worth the money? - 20 posts
What is going on now in general in Spain? - 4 posts
bank charge for money transfer - 45 posts
90 days - 6 posts
'New' tax on income from property. - 21 posts
toy poodle puppies - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x