Operation Yellow Hammer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2019 4:40 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Is this some kind of joke...as I have just finished reading this and haven't stopped laughing ...I think the government officials that wrote this doomsday report ..must be on crack cocaine to come up with such crap...and we the public should not be reading this so called not for Joe public  deliberately leaked document .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 12/09/2019.

Like 1      
12 Sep 2019 6:35 PM by ferrotty Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

There is a Youtube video this week, its a radio show talking about Brexit and the former head of Dover port(he has moved up North now)saying you only need 1 extra peice of paperwork in the case of a no deal, I will post link if I can find it.

Like 1      
12 Sep 2019 6:42 PM by ferrotty Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Search on youtube -Former Dover Port Boss Destroys Project Fear's Food Shortage Nonsense With New WTO Brexit Report

Like 1      
12 Sep 2019 8:05 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

This is all scaremongering. If the UK ever leaves the EU any consequential problems will be manmade. The UK wants to buy from the EU and vice versa. What’s the EU going to do ‘’throw all their lettuce and tomatoes in the bin?’’

The biggest danger of disruption may be deliberately caused by UK disgruntled remainers. They have clearly shown they have no respect for democracy and their fellow citizens. Those working in key industries like the ports may take their bat & ball home like spoilt children.

Like 6      
13 Sep 2019 8:41 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

That's all OK then. Nothing to be concerned about. Half the nations population are wrong. After all, they have just signed a trade deal with Swatini (formerly known as Swaziland) Bring it on.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2019 9:12 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Not quite Micky, it is not a matter of right and wrong, because nobody knows, only history will decide that. It was a democratic vote where the leave vote won and the remain vote lost. I am a remainer but respect democracy.

On 23 June 2016, the recorded result was that the UK voted to leave the European Union by 51.89% for Leave to 48.11% for Remain, a margin of 3.78%. This corresponded to 17,410,742 votes to leave and 16,141,241 to remain, a margin of 1,269,501 votes.

Like 4      
13 Sep 2019 10:59 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The hipocrocy behind the Remain campaign is just as laughable as Operation Yellow Hammer..the Remainers are standing outside the house of parlement with placards that have written on them saying that Borris Johnson has no respect for democracy...are the Remoners sure about that claim.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 13/09/2019.

Like 1      
13 Sep 2019 11:15 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If the anorak brigade were gainfully employed they would not have the time to wave their placards at any event they fancy. It’s all just a hobby with most.

Like 3      
13 Sep 2019 11:30 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

In democratic countries, I agree you cannot ignore the majority vote but equally, you also cannot ignore they that want to remain in the EU who amount to almost half the country. The art of politics is reaching a form of compromise that will go some distance to satisfy both sides. That means doing deals. Neither groups will be totally content but completely ignoring they who want to remain and leave without a deal, and stick two fingers up to them simply stacks up political trouble later on. 

Leaving the EU will solve nothing for Britain. It's going to create more problems than it will solve. The country still needs to trade with the EU and cooperate closely on future security and political issues. The Uk will still need to reach some form of trade deal in future years even if they leave without agreements. Be assured the EU will not make any concessions to Britain. Rather make their demands even harder than the Irish backstop that the country can't currently accept. The UK faces future isolation and tariff trade with it's largest market and years of negotiations with other nations. I struggle to understand why leavers believe that is such a great idea. But hey; the majority voted for it three and a half years ago so it's acceptable, despite common sense and so much evidence to the contrary. 

Like 0      
13 Sep 2019 11:53 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mickyfinn..the Remainers are trying to bring in a law ..that states we must have a deal with the EU..what happens if this so called trade deal is a bad one like the one ...T.May fashioned..is it not wise to have no deal than a bad deal ..the EU have said that the trade deal on offer is the best they can do ..so it's probably better if the UK leaves without a trade deal in place..and falls back on WTO agreements instead...the UK is a Democratic country ..this means that we hold Referendums and the biggest show of hands wins..am I right in saying this as I think democracy should be protected no matter what.

Like 1      
13 Sep 2019 11:56 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Micky you are preaching your unproven beliefs again, are you wanting the referendum result to be cancelled?. It was a democratic vote and the leavers won. It is time to accept the democratic result, make the best of it and move on, for better or worse.

Like 4      
13 Sep 2019 1:05 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

No I have always accepted the UK will leave. I simply want common sense to prevail and to leave in the least damaging way. Then you go someway to satisfy the bulk of the population not just the rabid leavers and you avoid destryoing the economy

If that does not happen future political life in the UK will never be settled.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2019 1:47 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Micky, using the word ‘’never’’ is not realistic.

I do understand that the result of the democratic referendum vote was a personal disappointment to you, but I do not see how you can label  17,410,742 people as being rabid. There are a small amount of extremist on both sides, many due to boredom and others who have a lifetime ambition to just cause trouble.

Parliament called the referendum, the people had a democratic vote, and now it is parliament’s duty to carry out the mandate of the people. Whether British citizens are satisfied or not with parliaments actions will be reflected in the next general election.

I am not sure what all this tit for tat arguing on here will achieve. I am also not sure who you are trying to preach to and what actions you expect, other than book a flight on Easyjet and go join the anorak placard protesters.

Like 3      
13 Sep 2019 2:39 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Why is disagreeing with you or posting opinion considered 'preaching'?

A parliamentary representative democracy takes precedence over a public plebiscite. Parliament is sovereign and will act in the national interest. ie: everyones national interest.

Demonstrations by the people are an expression and exercise of the right to freedom.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2019 3:17 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Too many appear to be unwilling to even review the actual details of the WTO trade deal, so given that the devil is in the detail, here's a report written in January (prior to the delay of the March 29th date).

The report covers various aspects but the economic detail is vital, espcially as this is from those economists whose previous track record were proven to be far more realistic than the Treasury's, even though attempts were made to discredit them.

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/No-Deal-is-the-Best-Deal-for-Britain-Upload.pdf

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Evidence-to-Treasury-Committee-Prof-Patrick-Minford-7-Dec-18.pdf

Opinions are fine, and yes it would be good to achieve a mutually beneficial deal .....but to repeat and stress..... the devil is always in the detail, so to ignore such detail without open minds, would appear very foolhardy.

This message was last edited by ads on 13/09/2019.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2019 3:49 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mickyfinn..did you watch Question time the other night...one of the public said that he was sick of hearing MPs saying I don't want this ..these MPs forget who put them into parlement very quick ..some even voted to remain.. even going against the constituents they are supposed to represents...how can this be aloud to go on....why are MPs aloud to switch to another party without a by election ... when I vote I voted for party politics...not the donkey...UK politics are rotten to the core.

Like 1      
13 Sep 2019 4:10 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Micky, I consider it preaching when your opinions are so repetitive going over a period of 3 years. It still remains a mystery who you are trying to preach to and what you want them to do.

Ads, you have little hope of educating anyone who will not listen or does not have the intelligence to understand. As they say ‘’you can take a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink’’.

Windy, you are correct, some or maybe many MPs are two faced and the system allows them to get away with it. I wonder who created the system.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 13/09/2019.

Like 3      
13 Sep 2019 5:33 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

More zzzzzzzzzzz

M

Like 0      
13 Sep 2019 6:10 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Kavanagh I could accuse you of a similar process of repetitive posts but don't lets call the kettle black. In the words of Speaker Bercow I don't care a flying flamingo if you disagree. I'm going on and on and will fight for what i believe, either on here or on the barricades.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2019 6:12 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts
Funeral Plan Sellers - 25 posts
renewing passport - 22 posts
Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts
A Real Indiana Jones - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford to Murcia Ryanair Winter Flights Cancelled - 1 posts
Changing to individual water accounts - 9 posts
Dance Teacher - 0 posts
Keeping Your Cash Safe - 10 posts
Residencia query - 3 posts
Change in Administator -AGM or EGM - 10 posts
What Spanish Banks should offer every UK mortgage holder ( 2 x 1) - 13 posts
I'm spanish, maybe moving to Tenerife (various questions) - 0 posts
Solicitors fees - real or imagined - 0 posts
plusvalia - 5 posts
Off plan purchase -warning - 69 posts
Dilemma - 15 posts
Layz Spa parts - 0 posts
Personal Injury Lawyers - 7 posts
Proxy votes AGM - 4 posts
Transferring pension to spain - 10 posts
Freeware Accounting Progam for a Small Club/Association - 1 posts
need to change uk address - 59 posts
IBI tax on property - 14 posts
Debt status certificate - 68 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 160

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x