renewing passport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Sep 2019 11:01 PM by mib150 Star rating in Corvera / Yorkshire. 125 posts Send private message

I did my passport renewal all from my phone!

My photo is a 'selfie' - obviously it complies (the online process told me if it wasn't)

My new passport arrived in 7 days!!

Can not fault the service!

Like 0      
14 Sep 2019 9:54 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Kavanagh you’re correct I couldn’t be bothered to complain, what’s the point, I don’t even believe they would admit to sending out a passport with a photo in it that they rejected earlier. How many times have we complained only to get a “Sorry don’t know what happened there” in the past I have asked the persons name only to be told at a later complaining date no one here by that name or even worked here.

Depends on the nature of the problem as to how bad you want to complain.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2019 2:43 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Totally understand Baz,  it depends upon the scale of the problem and whether these are isolated incidents or not, but unfortunately there is no way of knowing until these incidents are reported back! 

If you feel you have been fobbed off by replies in the past,  then feed that back and continue to make them accountable. Otherwise they will have little incentive to improve in the future, thinking they don’t have to account for their failures.... 

Time consuming yes, but a determined approach  with complaints being put on formal record and whistle blowing using different mediums, such as you have done on EOS, ( that they can’t deny) appears the only way to gain progress.

If people assume that change and accountability will never happen with anything Government related, then sadly it only plays into the hands of those perpetuating failures.

IMHO, people apathy or lack of faith in reporting regulatory mechanisms needs to be brought far more to the forefront of public debate as it forms part of the growing disillusionment of citizen trust in a government’s resolve to protect citizens from all manner of scenarios.

Having said all of this, hopefully from the positive replies relating to smart phones as a means of getting swift return of passports, this may be the best way to go.

This message was last edited by ads on 14/09/2019.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts
A Real Indiana Jones - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford to Murcia Ryanair Winter Flights Cancelled - 1 posts
Changing to individual water accounts - 9 posts
Dance Teacher - 0 posts
Keeping Your Cash Safe - 10 posts
Residencia query - 3 posts
Change in Administator -AGM or EGM - 10 posts
What Spanish Banks should offer every UK mortgage holder ( 2 x 1) - 13 posts
I'm spanish, maybe moving to Tenerife (various questions) - 0 posts
Solicitors fees - real or imagined - 0 posts
plusvalia - 5 posts
Off plan purchase -warning - 69 posts
Dilemma - 15 posts
Layz Spa parts - 0 posts
Personal Injury Lawyers - 7 posts
Proxy votes AGM - 4 posts
Transferring pension to spain - 10 posts
Freeware Accounting Progam for a Small Club/Association - 1 posts
need to change uk address - 59 posts
IBI tax on property - 14 posts
Debt status certificate - 68 posts
Pet passports after No Deal Brexit - 25 posts
Motor homes - 3 posts
Mortgage Floor Clause Question - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x