Car hire at new murcia airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Nov 2018 1:12 PM by briansue Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Does anyone know wher I can hire a car at the new airport iin Murcia Corvera.A can get a very cheap flight there in March but unable to hire a car from there only from San javier would appreciate if anyone has managed to hire a car from the new airport.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2018 8:15 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I would wait until the airport is opened. (Mid January I think). The car hire companies at San Javier will then move to Corvera and you will be able to make your booking. I wouldn't worry about booking car hire so early, I am going to Soain at Christmas and haven't booked my car yet.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2018 10:30 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Try Do You Spain car hire...if that fails as previous poster said wait until mid January when the new airport opens for business.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2018 8:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Haven't looked myself, but I always use hirecarsinspain.com

Mark

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 9:26 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If you do a google search ‘’ murcia corvera airport car rental’’ you will get a page full.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 11:06 AM by briansue Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

I have tried all the web sites and they only quote for San javiier don't think the offices are set up at the new airport yet don't want to book the flights and then have problems getting car hire.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 11:25 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Car Hire Corvera Airport

"We are now taking car hire bookings for Corvera Airport for 2019 - please book for Murcia Airport (MJV) and all rentals will be transferred to Corvera (RMU) for relevant flights"

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 6:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You cn ring and talk to HCiS, they are UK based and very helpful. They will be able to tell you straight away if the companies they use will be serving the airport.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2018 7:08 PM by dcp21 Star rating in Mold. 26 posts Send private message

20% code for Centauro on their FB Page. I'm sure that if you message them they will advise. 

I always book direct with them, they've never done me any wrong.

I'll be picking one up on Saturday so will ask.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2018 2:19 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Got this from HCiS today:

Important Information on Murcia Airport..

We like to keep you up-to-date with any car hire news that might be relevant to you. We have been asked over the last few months about what will be happening when the new Corvera Airport opens at Murcia. Finally (unfortunately AENA airport authorities work on a different timescale to everyone else!) we not only have dates but have started to get car supplier details of the pick up at the new airport.

The new Corvera Airport in Murcia will start receiving commercial flights on 15/01/19. The last day at the current Murcia San Javier Airport is 14/01/19. As both will not be open at the same time, we will be providing the normal service in San Javier up to and including the 14th January 2019 and then moving to Corvera on the 15th January.

For anyone that has already booked their car hire with a pick up date from 15th January we will be contacting you with the new collection details. We have just received Centauro's collection details and we will be e-mailing you soon. 

Here is some more information about Corvera and where it is:

Which airlines will fly to Corvera?

As of November 2018 a number of airlines have confirmed they will move their operations from Murcia San Javier to Murcia International airport in 2019. For example, we do know Jet2 will be flying into Corvera.

Further to other recent reports, the military will regain control of Murcia San Javier airport once Corvera opens and all civilian business will be relocated to Corvera.

Update from September 2012 - The President of the Murcia region, Ramón Luis Valcárcel, announced that the infrastructure of the new Corvera airport is "already finished" and that operations could commence

Why now?

Murcia has been well served up until this point by the Murcia San Javier airport. Located on the Mar Menor, which is also about an hour south of Alicante airport, Murcia San Javier is limited in its progress by the fact that it is also a military base and flight times and air and ground space are shared with military operations.

Like 0      
12 May 2019 12:14 PM by mib150 Star rating in Corvera / Yorkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Recently returned from Spain - I hired a car through Inter-Rent/Goldcar (Corvera Airport). Returned the car with no new damage or issues, received an email stating all good and nothing to pay.

About a week later I received another email stating the vehicle had been involved in a RTA (with injured) during my hire period! Obviously this did not happen.

I called their office regarding this and requested to see some evidence of the 'accident', the lady explained she doesn't have any and that they don't cross check the details of the examination carried out when you return the vehicle!

I emailed the reports I received stating no damage etc, so hopefully that will be the end of it?

Looks like another scam to get people to pay up for nothing!?

This message was last edited by mib150 on 12/05/2019.

Like 0      
12 May 2019 1:16 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Another sad scam story. It seems the car hire industry can thieve as they wish. It’s about time they were effectively regulated and severely fined for false claims.

If you don’t take their blackmail insurance you have to pay a credit card deposit which they can help themselves to, witnessed damage report or not.

Like 0      
13 May 2019 10:45 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Nothing to do with car hire at the new airport which this post is about but some folk might like to be informed of another car hire company at Alicante airport that to me didn't seem up to scratch.

I was booking a car via Do you Spain, never had any problems with this company and this is my fault entirely, but some how I clicked the wrong rental, Amigo-autos Rent a CAR,  without looking properly and got distracted, paid via credit card the amount of 11.92€, with free cancelation at no cost, realised what I had done I cancelled it straight away with plenty of weeks to go, told the rental company, also Do you Spain, booked another car via Do you.

Email from Do you telling me the money would be put back on the card, two days later get an email from the wrong rental company telling me I wont get my soul destroying 11.92€ back unless the cancellation is one of many reasons why I cancelled, the reasons are genuine but the point is, it's NOT a free cancelling service at all, and not mentioned in the T/C, and they wanted a POSTED letter to head office to claim back what its pretty obvious I wont get back....Have no idea how I will live with the loss of 11.92€.

Now how many people have had to cancel, and never got any monies back, is it a good few? good earner I should say. Out of curiosity I then read the reviews about Amigo, cant say it's a 100% scam but if this helps someone NOT to rent from them it would seem they deserve it.

Like 0      
13 May 2019 11:24 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Interesting Baz, just giving you the run-around to fob you off. How would you stand trying to get a refund with your credit card company? No doubt made up car hire company terms and conditions, to cancel stand on your head on the kitchen table and sing glory hallelujah to comply.

Perhaps the public have just got use to being ripped off and expect it.

Like 0      
14 May 2019 10:41 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Kav

Not certain but I think you cant get money back on a Credit card unless its over £100.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Post BREXIT residency for UK nationals - 21 posts
Brexit Draft Agreemment - 2 posts
Copia Simple problems - 1 posts
Don't know what to do - 4 posts
Supreme Court rulings - ongoing concerns - 2 posts
IRPH - waiting for outcome - 3 posts
looking to start or join a rambling club at corvera probably next year - 0 posts
Bank Repossessions Again - 86 posts
Any news - 0 posts
Computer Printer - 4 posts
Seat Leon FR 2007 for sale - 2 posts
Repairs for an Ariston built in Microwave - 0 posts
what are the implications of denouncing someone? - 0 posts
Is a community pool a "Luxury" - 4 posts
Non Resident Tax - 3 posts
HID headlights - 0 posts
Foreign graduate student - UAM - 2 posts
Petition for Supreme Court decission on Mortgage Stamp Duty Tax - 6 posts
Hello everybody - 1 posts
building merchants in Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Keeping our GB car in spain, although only being used when on two week holiday - 15 posts
Fuente de piedra - 0 posts
Going private with a prostate - 6 posts
Autónomo vs private . Fair is fair - 6 posts
Hi - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x