Camper van on my land!

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2018 6:27 PM by john1074 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

How do I remove a camper van off my empty plot of land? With easy access and no signage to restrict it in the first place, what process do I have to adopt to get him off? I have shown him my legal ownership documentation but this does not appear to have resolved the issue. A legal source has indicated to him that if I dig a trench across the exit and he damages his van, I am liable!

body p

Like 0      
16 Apr 2018 7:41 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

It's a prevalent problem where you are. The local police are pretty good if you notify them. In the port or in Mazarron town. Or make a denuncia by phone in English and sign at the local police station. French or German camper?

Un Saludo

Like 1      
17 Apr 2018 8:13 AM by john1074 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Actually, I have about 20 campers. You name it, they come from all over. I want to "block them in" but told I may be liable to prosecution.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 8:30 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello John

Are you actually needing this land to use and develop? I don’t know how you get the camper off other than waiting until it goes in it’s own time like they usually do. If you do not want people on your land you need to secure it like everyone else does.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 11:22 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Best way forward ..is for you to move the diggers in ...and start developing the plot and they will soon move on.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 4:27 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Put a notice up saying 10E per night (10E sin servicios) and clamping (abrazadera sin billete) for unpaid vehicles.

If you just want them to go give a defunct telephone No (or one that you have no intention af answering).

Like 1      
17 Apr 2018 5:03 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

...or borrow a Rottweiller for a night or two.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 6:38 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

John,

Not sure how you can achieve your object.  If you speak to the police they will advise you if they can help.

Juan “……. make a denuncia by phone in English and sign at the local police station….”

Not sure where you are coming from on that.

A report on the 902 101 112 facility can only be for a crime, and even then not for all crimes and certainly not when you know who the perpetrator is. See : http://www.policia.es/denunweb/den_tel_in.html

I not sure how this case can be a crime.

Also, if one does make a crime report on that number,  it can only be signed at a Policía Nacional Comisaria.  That does not need to be at one’s ‘local comisaria’ it can be anywhere in Spain that you choose to nominate. 

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 6:50 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

John ZX, where I was coming from if if the OP does not feel comfortable in speaking to the local police or GC in Spanish. Also would you not consider illegal parking on an owners property a crime?

Un saludo

PS I know the area well and campervans are a real nightmare, even parking on beach areas with no camping signs, so the OP has a  real beef.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 6:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Juan,   but the 902 102 112 does not work like that.    And when you say local police if you mean Policía Local, just like the Guardia, they have no access to reports made on that facility

I cannot imagine parking in the circumstances describe could ever be a crime as defined by Spanish law

I have every sympathy with the OP

This message was last edited by johnzx on 17/04/2018.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 17/04/2018.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 8:05 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

Whatever! He has my sympathy!

Juan

Like 0      
17 Apr 2018 10:05 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Reading the post it seems they have 20 camper vans on the property / land they own, unwelcome and not asking if they can park up, probably not offering rent either and best not to ask for any,  if thats not a crime then what is, so come on coppers poke your nose in this situation.

And it also sounds much like what the so called travellers do in the UK who wont cause any trouble just leave £50,000 worth of mess behind.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2018 2:20 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mazarron is very popular with the mobile home brigade.. if you go to Lidl supermarket in the port you can see them loading up with supplies.. And talking to each other ...this is why so many camper vans know about your piece of land..why don't you pop into the legal mobile home parks around the port ...and ask for some advice ...I am sure they will point you in the right direction for some help ...I also know that if you stop with a camper /caravan  other than a official site anywhere around Mazarron  the police will move you on...I have seen this happen many a time myself...(personally Speaking) if you are not prepared to spend the money to fence the land off ..and you have no immediate   plans to start building on the site I really don't see a problem.. These camper van owners are not prone to violence..they are ordinary people  not Pike's ...and I am sure they will move on as soon as you move the builders in to start building.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 18/04/2018.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2018 7:29 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

There are several superb camping sites in the Mazarron area.  The guys that park on other folks grounds are "freeloaders", so I'm surprised by your unusually benevolent comments Windtaker. 

There's a fabulous site at Bol Nuevo right on the beach within walking distance of 40 excellent restaurants and bars and two more at Isla Plana all charging a few euros for their facilities - there is no excuse, they know they are in the wrong.

A large quantity of dead fish might do the trick - the smell is awful after a day or two and it'll attract all the flies from miles around.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2018 8:56 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Mazarron is very popular with the mobile home brigade.. if you go to Lidl supermarket in the port you can see them loading up with supplies.. And talking to each other ...this is why so many camper vans know about your piece of land..why don't you pop into the legal mobile home parks around the port ...and ask for some advice ...I am sure they will point you in the right direction for some help ...I also know that if you stop with a camper /caravan  other than a official site anywhere around Mazarron  the police will move you on...I have seen this happen many a time myself...(personally Speaking) if you are not prepared to spend the money to fence the land off ..and you have no immediate   plans to start building on the site I really don't see a problem.. These camper van owners are not prone to violence..they are ordinary people  not Pike's ...and I am sure they will move on as soon as you move the builders in to start building.

Nothing to do with Mazarron and the campers, this is about the owner having campers on the land they own for FREE when they should be going to the correct sites and paying the current rates,  I did mention why haven't the police taken action, as you said.....'Other then an official site they will move you on'...And you know this happens because you have seen it many times. So it would seem the way to go is the cops.

And why should th owner of the land have to build fences and, or start building work, isn't that being forced into something just because someone wants to camp on someone else's land for nowt, and they were asked to leave, and didn't, and it would seem spent sometime At Lidli telling eveyone else where to camp for free.

The problem is quite plain to see....The first one was asked to leave they didn't, now more turn up...End of.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2018 9:48 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The authorities including the police do not have the resources to deal with low level crime unless there is a financial incentive to do so.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2018 10:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

.And you know this happens because you have seen it many times. So it would seem the way to go is the cops.

Windtalker failed to say, as is the same in U.K.  that only applies to public roads, public car parks etc.

Parking on private land does not amount to a crime so the police have no jurisdiction.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/04/2018.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2018 11:05 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Would that apply if it was the Mayor’s private land?.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Car Rental Almeria Airport - 7 posts
Square media Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Bank Owned Poroperties - 5 posts
Looking for pool renovation recommendations Lorca area - 6 posts
La Manga Ferry - 2 posts
How to inform Agencia Tributaria - 16 posts
renting villa long term but renting out for holiday lets - 4 posts
Additional carge on Commundad - 3 posts
Spanish Rental Taxes - why is it so complicated - help appreciated - 11 posts
Winter sun with plenty to do? - 4 posts
Spanish Legal Reclaim - 9 posts
RETURNING TO MENORCA - 16 posts
Adverse possession - 4 posts
Car Scrappage Costs - 7 posts
Chiropodist Needed - 0 posts
Happy home wanted for 2 good mousers - 0 posts
Gibraltar development - 6 posts
EU Geo digital content restrictions abolished. - 10 posts
Caixabank economic activity requests - 7 posts
Spanish Architect - 4 posts
Thursday Legionnaire's Procession Malaga - 1 posts
Small 8 property comunidad. - 5 posts
Property purchase without registration for extension - 5 posts
Banking - 7 posts
Selling by instalments - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x