Golf clubs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Hiya.

Has anyone joined a golf club on the Costa Blanca?

I'm  interested in the annual fees to see if it will be feasible when we move.

I've been a member of the local club for 10 years and willmiss it.

Any info appreciated ta.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 1:29 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

I cannot help you on this I am afraid, but have sent a reply as I would be interested if you get any feedback to, as my hubby is an avid player, which is one of the reasons we have bought in Costa Blanca, so that he can golf as often as possible when we come out

Regards

Saznaz

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 1:36 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Cheers Saznaz.

I have been told that there are societies in the area but I was hoping for club membership like we have in the U.K.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 1:45 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

There are some Clubs where you can have membership but in reality it is often just a discounted rate of the green fee paid up front [ I think La Finca do this]

There are Clubs where you can buy a golf share [US style] whioch you can sell on if you move

Most people find that the Societies give them the best option as they also include social activities

Do some research on Google and you will find most info  

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 2:07 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Rowlandsbb.

So basically, you advise the same as everyone else?

How would I keep my LGU handicap though? I lose it if I am not a member of a club which would destroy my ability to play at many clubs who need a certificate.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 2:29 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

I understand that you can maintain your golf handicap by being a member of a Spanish Society........may have to join the Spansh Golf Federation but the society you intend joining will have all the info

Do a Google search and you will find contact details ..I have bought in Costa Almeria near Huercal Overa and where one of the most popular is the Boxers Golf Society [ I may look to join this one if I can in due course]

Full details on www.arboleas.co.uk/forum or from a newspaper advert you can phone Phil Elam 0034 666 847840   

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 2:38 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I wonder if there's a forum like that covering the Costa Blanca golf clubs?

That would be interesting.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 3:23 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

It looks as though we have to obtain an annual licence instead over there. Very odd.

I can't find out more about the licence because it's in Spanish and as yet, my knowledge is pretty basic.

Many thanks for your help.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 8:01 AM by kayem Star rating. 163 posts Send private message

Hi All.

I have prices for green fees for Jumilla Golf but i fear you will not like them.

Greenfee 50 euro

3 months 1,000 euros

6 months 1,200 euros

1 year 1,800 euros

Residants get a 20% discount, do not know how this compares with other courses.

Ken.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 6:36 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Hi Laury (& Mel)

How about if you contact one (or more!) of the golf societies who publish their doings in the back pages of the Coastrider? I can't find any contacts for them, but doubtless www.coastrider.com would pass on an initial message for you? In the meantime, I will try to find out any more info I can from Almoradi. If you're there anytime soon, pop into the Bull on Calle Mayor and speak to David - he's a keen golfer and should be able to tell you something. His e-mail is off at the moment, but I've got to ring him next week so I'll try and find out what I can.

BTW, when I was in there last week, he was selling a really nice full set of clubs and bag etc - Dunlop, I think - asking 150 euros, which I thought weren't bad as they looked virtually brand new.

Saw John last week and he said we'd only just missed you, so maybe catch you next time. Also, met Janice and Chris in the market so had a bevvy or three - you know how it is!

Anyway, hope all is well with yourselves - already looking forward to going back again next month.

See you both soon.

Steve.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 6:43 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

PS. In May I took a golf-mad visitor around a few clubs to see if he could play as a day visitor. One we went to was La Finca near Algorfa, but the day rates were quite frightening - and he's a bank manager! The only reasonably-priced 18 hole one we could find was at Quesada - nowhere near as flash as the others so consequently alot cheaper but also much busier!

Steve.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 7:46 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Steve and all Almoradians and golfers yes l heard that la finca was quite expensive, As l am staying in my apartment in Almoradi next week l think l will drop in to the bull and have a chat with David  and a few drinks (has he still got the golf clubs for sale).Thanks for the information so far l will be keeping an eye on this thread and add any info if l find out anything while l am there.Regards Pat. 

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 8:57 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

My husband also belongs to a golf club here but when we looked into joining a golf club in Spain it would appear to be completely different in that you pay a very large fee but still have to pay for each round.

He normally plays at Campomoar and if you look on their website it gives you the various packages you can book.

I have found an email for the Torrevieja Golf Society Marianneinspain@hotmail.co.uk perhaps she might be able to help you further.  I did get this out of last years copy of Costa Blanca News so apologise if it's out of date.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 8:58 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All,

Annie 21 usually books for her husband and mine through, I think it's club murcia on internet. Have a look as they do deals in most clubs. Last time they went to La Serena just down from Los Alcazares. I'm sure Annie can give you more details I'll ask her.

Regards

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 9:20 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Cripes Gina - nearly fell off my chair when I saw you'd posted on a golf chat  - Happy Gilmour eat your heart out LOL.

Yes, it was www.clubmurcia.com we booked through - worked out well with reduced green fees. La Serena was a bit tough though from what the guys said - unless you're fond of water hazards & bunkers that is. Loads of them.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 9:46 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Annie,

Don't get over excited, no I'm still Happy Gilmore, not for me. Let the men folk do it if you ask me. I did try as you know but will stick to martial arts, it's what I know.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 12:46 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Laury I'm not sure where you are in the Costa Blanca (think clubmurcia is a bit far down for you?) - there is a golf society in Alicante - is that any good for you? San Miguel Golf Society www.smgs.org home course is El Plantio.

Candyfloss - as you are a black belt I'm not going to argue with you  - totally agree with everything you say!!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 1:36 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Coo. I have been busy.....  so I just checked back and suddenly we have gone from virtually nothing to loads of replies!

Well thanks to everyone for their input.

I think I heard La Finca wasn't cheap too but that there was another one called La Marquesa that was cheaper?

Those prices you quote are horrendous!  I thought my £750 a year here was bad enough.

I think that La marina is probably the nearest urbanised area to our new house and I understand they have a society, so it may be worth checking with them. Somehow though, a society doesn't seem the same as a club membershp but hey ho. At those prices, i may not be playing twice a week like I do here, anyway.

Hi Steve!

I have no idea why John said you'd just missed us. We haven't been out since June. Still waiting for developments on the house before we arrive. There again. Now that things seem to be on a go slow, we may have a trip out anyway. Ww intend to put this house on the market within a couple of weeks so I suppose we shouldn't really go away just yet.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 4:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Laury, you were saying about golf forums, I found this http://www.myvicinity.co.uk/bbs/ & if you scroll down there's boards about golf though not too much in these. Golf Watch You may like to look though.

I posted this info ..previously too ...

http://www.alicante-spain.com/costa_blanca_golf_courses.html

There's a shop by the church in Benijofar where friends of ours go for golfing items & David Krouse sold them second hand golf clubs if anyone's interested. http://www.davidkrousegolf.com/

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 10:24 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Chat moved from 'Bucket' thread as it looks as if it may continue.

Laury, we have a new club which opened last week who are talking to me about membership and we have another due to open early next year. We do see good opening membership offers from some of the new clubs, but generally it's aimed at the residents as part of a purchase package. However, the new club recently opened hasn't got any of the properties built yet and they need income so I am hoping we will be considered for a deal.

By joining a society you can benefit from a numbers discount and get to play different courses but we don't particularly want that.

On the whole, booking on line prior to playing gets reasonable discounts, and I've done this independently, not as part of a holiday package but I think we would find we would be restricted to 1 game each per week at best to pay for it out of our living budget. The problem is made worse when you both play, we could afford it for one of us, but both makes it an expensive hobby, but I am prepared to get some part time work if it allows me to carry on playing.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Job Agencies - Legal - 0 posts
Removals from enland to spain - 40 posts
NIE - 5 posts
Working in spain - 3 posts
Family Allowance - 5 posts
Any spanish mortgage experts out there? (in need of 100% mortgage, and 'bad credit' mortgages general advice) - 1 posts
Landrover for sale, - 2 posts
Torre Pacheco - 0 posts
Territorial Army, proud to say the least! - 1 posts
Apartment complex not to specification and Bank Guarantees - 12 posts
What is the best way of learning Spanish at home? - 51 posts
Marketing your property - 0 posts
Winter clothes? - 22 posts
SELLING OFF PLAN IN SAN CAYETANO BEFORE COMPLETION, CAN THAT BE DONE - 1 posts
Eye on Spain & Spanish Property Insight - 8 posts
What happens to the development forum once the build is finished? - 1 posts
Hello from "sunny" Espania! - 11 posts
New Member - 1 posts
Electrics - 15 posts
NIE numbers - 2 posts
Must be mad starting up a real estate agency in vera playa/mojacar - 4 posts
Pat & Wes - 1 posts
6,000,000...............seat's........? ? - 19 posts
Education: First Job in Spain/UK, University in Spain/UK or Gap Year????? - 3 posts
What a pants exchange rate!!! - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x