Removals from enland to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by crooksy Star rating in Suffolk. 18 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

Can anyone suggest any reliable and reasonable removal people to take not that much stuff really from Suffolk to Costa Blanca.  We only hope to take a couple of beds and bare minumum of everything else, including tv but not sofa etc.  Oh and too many kids toys!

Thanks

Crooksy 

Like 0      
25 Sep 2007 10:49 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi Crooksy,

I recently used Go Express who are based in the Midlands to transport a part load from the North West to Marbella. I really can't fault them as not only did they pick up a load from my house one day they also arranged to collect my mountain bike from a friends house in Blackpool "when they were passing" the following week and for no extra charge!! everything has arrived safely in marbella as expected? Their charges are based on a square cubic metre which equates to around 18 standard sizw bannana boxes from Morrisons!!

Contact Graham on 01902 306100 their rates are very reasonable and they will store your goods at their secure warehouse for a period at no extra charge.............................

good Luck with the move

Mike T

Mike T

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 10:10 PM by removals Star rating in Fuengirola. 14 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** NO COMMERCIAL POSTS

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 9/26/2007.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 1:11 PM by holdenandlee Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

As anyone used a removals to move from the North West of England and if so have you got any recommendations/tips.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 1:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All,

I recently helped clients move in to their new villa,they used Pickfords,it cost them £5000 and an extra £500 for insurance.

When we were on the way to the villa i remarked that if the clients hadn,t something missing or broken in transit it would be a first(with any company).

At night i popped back to see how they were getting on and there was damage to a lot of their furniture and they were not best pleased.

The guys were very flippant about the whole thing and it did take the shine off things a little,i guess this is when you test how good the insurance is?!

Sorry this hasn't helped on who to use,maybe on who not to though!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 10:04 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi HoldenandLee,

I moved with my family from Bury in lancashire to the CDS this Summer. We sold much of our furniture and stored some with friends. Only took a few pieces of prized possessions and many boxes of personal effects! We used the company i mentioned below and stored them in Malaga with a company called Uk-Spain.  there are many vans going from the Uk to spain almost on a daily basis. I listed what I wanted to send on a web site called www.Loadup.co.uk . Very easy to use and had many replies. Costs average around £100 a cubic metre which is a great deal. Try measuring a cubic metre, you'll be surprised how much you can get in it?

Mike T

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 10:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

Like 0      
14 Oct 2007 12:13 PM by holdenandlee Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies, I have received an updated quote from a company  called www.moveitremovals.com. They are quoting £105/m3 which sounds reasonable and have said from the inventory I sent that it will be around £1700 which sounds ok. I will get other qoutes from those suggested. Has anyone had dealings with this company, they have kept in touch with me since I first contacted them over a year ago (Spanish beauricracy and overbuilding by the Developer have held me up) and provided I dont hear any bad reports or get a much better qoute I may be tempted to go  with them.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2007 7:17 PM by donapepa Star rating in Durham and Quesada (.... 16 posts Send private message

donapepa´s avatar

Hi everyone, i am thinking of buying most of my furniture in Uk and hiring van to drive to Spain, does anyone have any experience of this, i am sure i read somewhere that new goods are liable to IVA on entry to Spain ??

Stephen

Like 0      
16 Oct 2007 12:34 AM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

I would also like to say I had a bad experience withPickfords when I moved from London to Switzerland.  As my husband's co was paying the relocation bill I let them do the packing.  When it all arrived in Switzerland they had wrapped unbreakable items and left breakable items unwrapped.  Could not understand the theory in that!!!!!!!  I gave up with the insurance because it was quite obvious they were not going to pay and they are always the most expensive company

However good experience with a Yorkshire company called David Dales who cover the whole of the UK.  Can't remember cubic meters but I'm sure it was 24 plus my husband's brandnew motorbike which didn't geta scratch. and it was about 2800 pounds I have moved a lot in my life and they have been the best company ever and I will always recommend them.  I believe they have a base in Denia but sure they deliver all over spain twice weekly.

Regards

SJ

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 3:56 PM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Crooksy

Just saw your post so this might be a bit late but we used a company called Gap Solutions, they were excellent they are based in the Costa Blanca area and phoned and e-mailed me before and after collection, prices were excellent for what we shipped, door to door around 5 cubic metres £300 and they stored it for 3 weeks. Best part was that there was not even a mark on anyone of our 9 boxes never mind any damage. Speak with Tracy or Phil on 0034966777857 or 0034609925042 or UK 02392268647 their e-mail address is gapsolutionssl@wanadoo.es .

Hope this helps and is not too late.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 4:26 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
David Dale parks his vehicle just behind us and the Spanish bit of the company is run by the drivers wife Sabine, let me know if you need further info.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 8:51 AM by crooksy Star rating in Suffolk. 18 posts Send private message

Thanks for all that info - after alot of deliberation we have decided to hire a van one way - leaving southampton and dropping at Alicante, my husband thinks this will be an adventure not to be missed )probably cos he's going with his mate! Also looking at it i think we will only have enough stuff to fill a transit.

The company is called J Hire Ltd - www.j.Hire.co.uk - we found it on the back of the Coastrider if  anyone is also thinking of this.

Thanks again

Crooksy

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 9:30 AM by removals Star rating in Fuengirola. 14 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Commercial link removed

Has any one got any horror stories to tell about their moving experience when relocating to spain,? it would be useful for my research on this subject.

thanks Nick

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 11/13/2007.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 1:27 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Youre name is Nick, your EOS name removals and the website states moves to SPain! Oh and you have made all of 2 posts!!!!

So, what sort of research is that then - how many people contact you to move them???

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 1:36 PM by removals Star rating in Fuengirola. 14 posts Send private message

I am also in the process of building a site advising people of the problems that go with moving to spain, having been moving people to and from Spain over the past 10 years i have come across people who i have moved back to the UK they tell me their stories and its not always happy sun and sangria, so i think people should have a balanced view

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 1:52 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
We ( EOS ) already have such a site.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 2:02 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Fair enough and sorry for jumping at you - loads try to get free advertising, I know I am one of them but I am a regular contributor to the site on all matters (loads completely irrelevant) so some of us get leeway from the administrator

Good luck with the survey

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
04 May 2008 4:15 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Hello

Can anyone recommend a company who could bring my car over to Marbella/Estepona from West Kent with lots of my things in it at a reasonable price.

Thanks

Like 0      
04 May 2008 5:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi AJ

Can't recommend personally but certainly there are loads CLICK HERE 

I guess most people would drive their car to Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NIE - 5 posts
Working in spain - 3 posts
Family Allowance - 5 posts
Any spanish mortgage experts out there? (in need of 100% mortgage, and 'bad credit' mortgages general advice) - 1 posts
Landrover for sale, - 2 posts
Torre Pacheco - 0 posts
Territorial Army, proud to say the least! - 1 posts
Apartment complex not to specification and Bank Guarantees - 12 posts
What is the best way of learning Spanish at home? - 51 posts
Marketing your property - 0 posts
Winter clothes? - 22 posts
SELLING OFF PLAN IN SAN CAYETANO BEFORE COMPLETION, CAN THAT BE DONE - 1 posts
Eye on Spain & Spanish Property Insight - 8 posts
What happens to the development forum once the build is finished? - 1 posts
Hello from "sunny" Espania! - 11 posts
New Member - 1 posts
Electrics - 15 posts
NIE numbers - 2 posts
Must be mad starting up a real estate agency in vera playa/mojacar - 4 posts
Pat & Wes - 1 posts
6,000,000...............seat's........? ? - 19 posts
Education: First Job in Spain/UK, University in Spain/UK or Gap Year????? - 3 posts
What a pants exchange rate!!! - 4 posts
Vodafone Sim Card - 9 posts
SOMEONE IS SELLING OUR PROPERTY ON EYEONSPAIN WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION, DESPITE CONTACTING EYEONSPAIN SEVERALTIMES TO COMPLAIN, WITHOUT REPLY - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 41

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x