MOT for Citroen Berlingo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2017 11:36 PM by paddyw Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

I am in the UK at the moment and my car needed a ITV.  My friend took it for the test. The car is 10 years old. He was told that because of the age of the vehicle it would need to be tested twice a year. I know that vans and commercial vehicles over 10 years have to be tested 6 monthly but I did not realise that a Berlingo car was classified as a van. Is this a mistake or is it correct. Can anyone clarify the position for me?

Thanks for your help.

PaddyW

Like 0      
12 Jun 2017 11:51 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

If it's registered as a dual purpose vehicle, and I believe Berlingos are, then they require a 6 monthly ITV after they are 10 years old.

Categories are Turismo, Vehiculos mixto adaptable (Kangoo, Berlingo etc). So if it is listed as the second one then it will need the ITV twice a year. Have a look on your registration document to see what it is classed as.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2017 2:14 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

yes correct the Berlingo is classed as a van, ITV twice a year required

Like 0      
13 Jun 2017 2:54 PM by paddyw Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi.  Thanks for the replies.  I have heard that it is possible to apply for the designation to be changed from "mixta" to "turismo" and then the terms and conditions for cars would apply.  Anyone know anything about this?

In addition, if the vehicle is classified as mixta (therefore a van) then this could have implications for speed limits etc.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2017 6:05 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Test post  - please ignore

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Express Gas Fuel - 3 posts
Complementaria tax - 8 posts
Selling my British car in Spain - 0 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 2 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 7 posts
Insurance cover in Spain, other drivers - 0 posts
Bank Bailouts - 3 posts
Recommendations for Private Healthcare for Expat Family - 8 posts
How much community fees do you pay?? - 24 posts
Car hire yearly insurance policy - 7 posts
La Union Whats it like - 0 posts
British Lions games - 2 posts
Drifting, may be helpful - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 3 posts
Tapas between Estepona and including Gibralter - 7 posts
black hairdressers - 0 posts
Solar panels - 15 posts
Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts
out of curiosity... - 4 posts
Mr - 2 posts
La Fustera pro's and Con's - 8 posts
Some problems with Long term rental - 5 posts
Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts
Invalid email address - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x