Football supporter reports

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2017 9:26 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Just listening to reports about the Leicester city fans visiting Madrid for tonight's game.

Two very respected news reporters and direct interviews with fans are reporting the Spanish police were charging the revellers with batons, indiscriminately and causing harm to the individuals.  

Leicester supporters when in Brugge had a very positive experience, spending loads of cash in bars, singing and revelling with local people and then going to bed somewhat worse for wear.   This seems to be standard for peaceful British fans (yes including Scott's wales and Irish!)  

The local cafe and bar owners seem to have been letting as many fans in as they could to get out of the way of the police.  

I have never known Leicester fans be involved in anything like this before, and I'm expecting our press to concentrate on the British hooligan stories they normally use to sell papers   

Are there any reports on this from Spain that may give some fair perspective about the incident?  

This message was last edited by briando55 on 12/04/2017.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
12 Apr 2017 10:57 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

The Spanish papers are saying the supporters were behaving themselves and having a good time up until the early evening when most of them left. However, a group of 50 to 70 (depending on which paper) remained and started causing trouble. They also state 3 policemen were injured and 8 arrests were made.

Mundo Deportivo

El Pais English

Make of it what you will.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2017 11:57 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Thanks.  

It reads as though the authorities were called to clear the people at 10 o clock ( early night then!) but not why.   

I cant understand how batons are needed and fans knocked to the ground, in families it's reported, and cafe owners have to provide sanctuary.  

All sounds dubious to me.    

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
12 Apr 2017 4:11 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Spanish police are saying the 8 fans arrested for 'causing a mess'.  

The reporter from here says 2 people knocked to ground and arrested while stood talking to him. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A battle of Wills - A cautionary tale. - 25 posts
Apartment rental - Inspection notification - 5 posts
Mobile Phone Question - 2 posts
Car insurance - 11 posts
relief Animal shelter managers - 0 posts
Sun Blind Electric with Remote Control Cream - 2 posts
decorating - 8 posts
Property deeds and ex partners - 11 posts
How can I submit a 210 quarterly rental income form myself - 30 posts
Which type of Air Conditioning is best - 1 posts
police stations - 2 posts
Transport help - 6 posts
christmas weather - 4 posts
Where are the touristic areas of Lanzarote? - 1 posts
MEET AND GREET SERVICE - 0 posts
Spanish and Uk overseas housing market - 2 posts
EBAY selling from Spain - 6 posts
Health insurance for a period 3/6Months - 4 posts
Constitutional matters in the UK - and their effects on expats. - 58 posts
PVC TRELLIS PANELS - 2 posts
sheds or other buildings - 1 posts
How long does planning permission last - 0 posts
Breathalysers in Spain - 15 posts
Canadian fluent in Spanish and English. Want to move to Spain. Will I have trouble with work? - 4 posts
Testimonial from Adrienne and Irvine Rea regarding costaluz lawyers - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x