Speeding Notification asking for Driver ID

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2017 6:14 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Hi - wonder if anyone can help?  I picked up a recorded/registered letter from the post office today (my husband's name, but he's out of the country and they let me pick it up) - it was a speeding notification, but unlike those we've received before, it didn't set out a fine to pay, it just asked for the identity of the driver (whether the registered owner or someone else).

I went online and tried putting in my details as the driver, giving my NIE, etc., but it kept knocking me back with an "erroneous details" message.  So I just left it that my husband was the driver and confirmed the entry and printed out the confirmation.

I just wonder why it wasn't just the normal fine?  I've had three speeding fines since I've been here and each one, having received the notice, I've just paid online with no problem.  

Can anyone clarify?

TIA

Like 0      
19 Jan 2017 7:19 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Maybe the speed was over 20kph above the speed limit! In which case they may want to deduct points from the drivers licence

Like 0      
19 Jan 2017 7:21 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Ahh, that may be the case.  It was over 20kph above the speed limit.  Oh dear, my husband isn't going to be too pleased!!  Is there any way I can change the driver details now?  Wish I'd just wrote my details in and faxed the document now! sad

Many thanks, Team GB.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2017 11:32 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Is there any way I can change the driver details now?

Pitby

I would imagine the only way to change the details now is to pay a visit to your local traffico office or ask a gestor if they can help

Like 1      
20 Jan 2017 2:31 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Thanks, will look into it.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2017 2:44 PM by robertt8696 Star rating in Midlands, UK. 479 posts Send private message

you should never put details which are false on a legal document which you did, and will no doubt cause you a lot of trouble if and when you try to correct it, you should have contacted Trafico if you couldnt fill the request in with your husband as the named person. By doing this you have accepted the responsibility for the offence and opened a bucket of trouble.

In the UK its the same, if you let a friend use your car and they get caught on a speed camera, you will be the person summoned as your name is on the registration documentation. If you do not disclose your friends details , as driver, you will be summonsed as if you committed the offence. Legal paperwork always needs completing carefully no matter where it comes from. Good luck.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2017 8:34 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Thanks.  All sorted and fine paid 😊

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice wanted on buying 2nd hand pickup - 0 posts
Hip Op - 5 posts
Car Insurance options? - 4 posts
IT IS SNOWING AT LA ZENIA - 6 posts
Remortgaging a property in Spain - advice please - 17 posts
Planning to invest in Spain Hacienda del Alamo - 3 posts
Paying tax in UK as a Spanish Tax Resident. - 3 posts
CREAM LEATHER CORNER SOFA - 0 posts
Term Life Insurance, Banks Abusing Clients Again - 25 posts
Return car with expired ITV - 5 posts
LA NUCIA TOWN - 0 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX DUE ON SALE OF UK PROPERTY - 8 posts
Bargain Loving Brit's In Spain on Thursday night channel 5 UK 8pm - 0 posts
Driving to Spain and paying tolls! - 7 posts
Divorce Attorney - 1 posts
newbie with questions for the community! - 15 posts
Attempting a move to Spain - 0 posts
Cream leather corner sofa - 0 posts
Dream or reality - 49 posts
Somewhere to settle for 3 months with an idea of staying long term - 4 posts
Corvera entered receivership - 6 posts
Advice please - 3 posts
Modelo 210 - 3 posts
IBI Bill torre pacheco area - 2 posts
Seguro Parking - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x