New members

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2016 9:12 PM by jnj Star rating in UK. 7 posts Send private message

jnj´s avatar

Hi everyone. We are John and Judith and will be travelling to the Murcia area to try and purchase a property in early 2017. We have just sold our villa in Turkey and are looking forward to a new adventure. Please can anyone help with the following. We are removing some belongings which will eventually be transferred to our new home. Can anyone advise me over the cost of kitchen appliances (oven hob, freezer, washing machine etc) or point me in the direction of a Spanish web site which advertises such goods. Muchos gracias, Juan :)

Like 0      
29 Oct 2016 10:55 PM by pmc Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hola Juan,

Washing machines start around 375 euros, 50/50 fridge freezer at 400 euros, there is a euronics style shop in Murcia City dont know the address but did have a walk around the store, all the familiar names, hotpoint hover ect.

Hope move goes well 

pmc

Like 1      
29 Oct 2016 10:59 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Have a look on redcoon.es. They are a bit like ao.com in UK. It will give you an idea on prices.

Like 1      
29 Oct 2016 11:58 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules- inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/30/2016 9:00:00 AM.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2016 12:30 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi John & Judith,

Welcome to the forum.

Dos Mares in San Javier has an electrical store similar to currys and also sell appliances in Eroski next door.

If you are near to San Javier main town, there is a shop called Pardo, we have purchased appliances including a new boiler and the service is great.

I'm sure there are lots of other members that will help you along the way when you buy.

** EDITED - linked to previous post **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/30/2016 9:02:00 AM.

Like 1      
30 Oct 2016 1:04 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Spot on Candyfloss - we on EOS are here to help, not nit pick!  Good to see you posting.

Welcome John & Judith

depending where you are going to be, there are plenty of out of town shopping centres in Murcia, for example in Murcia city itself and Cartagena, and also the La Zenia Boulevard shopping Centre which is in Alicante province but very close to Murcia province zeniaboulevard.es

Keep asking whatever you want to know and good luck with the move.

Jane

Like 1      
30 Oct 2016 7:07 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

If you are relocating to the Lorca area of Murcia then Mediamakt might suit. Recently purchased a new washing machine for €270.  Also have heard Eroski in the Almenara commercial Centre is closing. Maybe lots of bargains.

Like 1      
30 Oct 2016 9:04 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

As I saud in my post no intention of being rude

But asking for help as to where to buy would be a fair question but pricing give me a break 

Good luck to john and judith on your move 

Like 1      
30 Oct 2016 9:56 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Welcome to EOS good luck with the purchase of goods and so on ,as you can see with some of the replies you are getting the membership of EOS is a variety so a word of warning do not give your personal details or you exact location out to any members even in a PM good luck and l hope you enjoy Spain.

Like 2      
30 Oct 2016 11:51 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hi John and Judith

Something that you might not be aware of here in Spain is the after sales service/guarantee also delivery charges. When buying from some of stores mentioned the headline prices quoted by them are for the items but do not include delivery and installation. Some do include these. Also some stores have a bad reputation with faulty goods. Whilst they say they offer to REPAIR a new product which was faulty at outset they do not do it as a matter of urgency.

I have found some smaller shops, which are part of buying groups, offer to deliver and install for a lower end price than the major stores mentioned and others.

It is just a case of when you have your property ask neighbours what they think of any shops you wish to use.

Good luck and welcome to sunny Murcia region

Like 1      
30 Oct 2016 12:14 PM by jnj Star rating in UK. 7 posts Send private message

jnj´s avatar

Thank you all very much indeed for the information and great advice. Its certainly going to be an adventure.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2016 2:20 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

steone. Ref the after sales service. Isn't it that, here in Spain, it is the manufacturer who is responsible? I know we are used to to taking it back to the shop for assistance but all my electrical goods (TV, cooker, Fridge and so on) have a client assistance number on a sticker inside which tells you to contact them for service and problems. Even in UK some manufacturers are doing this now. I bought a petrol lawnmover which had an advice leaflet telling me not to take it back to the shop if there were a fault but to contact their help line and they would deal with it. 

I know some of the bigger shops will arrange for the manufacturer to do it for you if something goes wrong but the Spanish would contact the manufacturer first. Of course, if you got it home and it didn't work then, yes, take it straight back to where you bought it from. 

Also most of the shops we deal with include delivery, installation and removal of old item in with the price. There are some who don't and we weigh up the cost of that. One of the big ones we use does all the freebie bits if the item is €300 or more. But, again yes, check on delivery and so forth. Saving 50 euro on something is not particulary a good idea if they charge 30 for delivery, 30 for installation and 30 for taking the old one away.

And I put the redcoon.es site on purely so the OP can get some idea of the prices here. 

Like 1      
30 Oct 2016 10:40 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi jane,

Yes, I remember when we bought long time ago. Eos was brilliant for information on anything and everything. Ah, those were the days of banter. Still, we made lots of friends didn't we and lots of help. 

See you soon x

Like 1      
31 Oct 2016 7:15 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Quite right MarieDav.  It's easy to get carried away by the prices at places like Leeroy Merlin which is great for some people.  But we tend to use local stores where fitting is required for lights and appliances, like Expert who not only deliver and fit as part of the price, but are good for after sales help.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish official electronic certificate - 1 posts
The dangers of the new smart meters - 8 posts
AGM VOTING PROBLEM - 9 posts
Looking for a long term rental in valencia area - 1 posts
CONSTRUCTION FINANCE IN SPAIN – WHAT DOES THE TERM LOAN TO VALUE MEAN - 2 posts
Spanish radio - 0 posts
gypsy flower sellers - 3 posts
weekly newsletter - 1 posts
bankia - 0 posts
Self move using a hire van - 4 posts
no win no fee lawyers - 3 posts
Landlord responsibilities - 15 posts
Lawyers liability due to lack of guarantee - 7 posts
Velez Malaga Torrox and Nerja helpful info... - 0 posts
any info re costs involved with moving to spain - 14 posts
Solicitor recommendation - 14 posts
HOW CAN I PAY ENDESA - 8 posts
Do you need business or trade finance? - 0 posts
Torrox Costa/Nerja and surrounding areas - 0 posts
Dual Nationality by Origin - 3 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers. Recommendation - 0 posts
ITV - 18 posts
Modelo 210 again - Murcia - 9 posts
Warning: Actions against Banks: not that easy - 16 posts
Warning: Actions against Banks: not that easy - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x