Modelo 210

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2016 4:00 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I've just received the forms for the "declaracion de le renta" that's due.  I expected a reduction as I knew there was a favourable change somewhere, but the amount payable is fractionally more than forty per cent of the amount paid last year (less than half!).  Excellent news...or is it a mistake?!  

The company that do the forms for me are brilliant and they did tell me to expect a reduction, but I've not seen mention of this on EOS.  I believe the tax rates are different by the Region, I pay this one to Mazarron, Murcia.

Appreciate confirmation this is correct, so I can celebrate with a glass or two of wine tonight (rather than wonder if it's a clerical error that'll be jumped on when I try to pay).

Like 0      
18 Sep 2016 4:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I believe the rates are the same throughout Spain. 

This year the rate, I beieve is 19%, a slight reduction.  

If you take the cadastral value of the property, multiply that by 1.1% then by 19% that should give you the tax to be paid.

This may be useful:-  http://www.agenciatributaria.es/static_files/AEAT/Contenidos_Comunes/La_Agencia_Tributaria/Modelos_y_formularios/Declaraciones/Modelos_200_al_299/210/Instrucciones/OrdenIRNR2010instrucciones210_en_gb.pdf

This message was last edited by johnzx on 19/09/2016.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 19/09/2016.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2016 9:56 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Many thanks for your reply John.  I'll read through the leaflet and do the calculation.  

It's a bit weird and makes me wonder if I've been paying too much for many years!  I don't suppose the Hacienda would tell you.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2016 12:31 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Acer,      Why not ask "The company that do the forms for me are brilliant"  to explain what they have done ?  

I do not think Hacienda directly would give you much help.  But you can check the % you should have been paying  and check what you were charged.

Incidentally,  I understand you should be supplied with a copy of the 210 which was completed ,just as one does (should) with the 720  (assets over 50,000 outside Spain)  and the income tax declaration (PADRE)

Like 0      
19 Sep 2016 1:16 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

John, that's a fair question, but if you look at it from my viewpoint it's potentially good news and I may be better off submitting the form and paying the lower amount quoted.  I'm unsure, but I will investigate more thoroughly and do the calculation myself.

I'm non-resident (and intend to stay that way) and therefore don't need to make a burglars list of goodies to the Hacienda.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2016 1:50 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have been doing the 210s for my son and his wife,  4 forms,  and a couple of friends for several years.    

Once you know how, and now the instructions on line are in English,  it’s but a couple of minutes work per form. Apart from the percentage, when that has changed,  the info is the same each year.

Having printed off the form it can be paid at a bank.   I have always done it at my branch.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 20/09/2016.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2016 9:10 PM by jeffsears Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

The figures you enter on the 210 are not necessarily the same each year. Check the catastral value on your IBI invoice for the relevant year. This is the value to use when calculation the second home charge.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2016 8:46 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

John & Jeff, thank you both for your tips.  Another matter has taken priority recently but I'll be using your advice this week - appreciate your guidance.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2016 9:19 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Jeffsears:  This is the value to use when calculation the second home charge.

By using the term   ‘second home’ is likely to mislead.   

It is in fact ‘Imputed Income Tax’ and whilst it is applicable to ‘second homes’ for non-residents it is also applicable to all real property, for non-residents, it is also applicable to all properties additional to one’s main home in Spain for those who are tax residents.

That means a non-resident owner who for example has a holiday home, plus say a garage space which is not on the same Escritura, must make separate 210 returns for each property.     With each joint owner  making a separate return  

Example:   My son has two holiday homes, and a garage space in the adjoining apartment block.   His wife is joint owner of one property.  I make separate returns for him and his wife on each of the properties. That is:   two 210 returns for their joint property, i.e. one each, One for the property my son owns alone and another one for the garage he owns alone. 

Tax residents who own,  additional to their main Spanish home any other properties,  pay the tax on them as part of their annual tax return and that includes tax on all other properties no matter where in the world they may be

Example:  My wife and I are tax resident in Spain.  Apart from our home,  I own a lock-up garage in Spain, my wife has a property in the Philippines, we must include them when we make our annual tax declaration in May/June  and pay imputed tax on them. 

To claryfy. Tax residents in Spain who own a property say in UK (or anywhere else) must  clare that property and pay the imputed tax on that.  (Ibelieve if it is let that may not apply).

Just to say ‘second home’  can be very  misleading.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 26/09/2016.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 26/09/2016.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tourism Licence - why is ENGLAND not on their list of countries - 6 posts
Mobility scooter - 3 posts
Community owner problem - 16 posts
Driving a foreign car to and in Spain - 6 posts
Healthcare clarification as a resident - 16 posts
Cancelling a direct debit - 8 posts
Childs safety gate - 3 posts
BMN bank - 7 posts
Electricity problem... - 17 posts
Car Company - 3 posts
Moving to Spain - 30 posts
House to buy - 16 posts
Renting in spain - 1 posts
buying at carver golf resort - 7 posts
Reducing the fly population in community gardens - 3 posts
Handyman needed to fit handle/lock assy to a metal gate - 3 posts
How do we get rid of \ control the flys in our community gardens near our pool - 4 posts
Air con units - 2 posts
Recording TV programs from a MAG250 box - 2 posts
Newspapers in spain - 4 posts
New Years Eve Los Boliches - 11 posts
Poor Quality Food in Spain and tasteless veg - 42 posts
For sale Glass top coffee table - 0 posts
Furniture Store Recommendations - 8 posts
Lack of Insurance - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x