New Regulations for Rental Properties - installation of air conditioning

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2016 5:21 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Wind   I of to give the barn door some free advice on how get some free AC at the Tax mans expense assuming I am totally legal that is.

Could you explain what that means?

Like 1      
06 Jul 2016 7:22 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Could you start by explaining what language it is laugh

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 2      
06 Jul 2016 11:13 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Nina,

I understand now I have read through the decree. Yes, I agree that there should be a choice to A/C or not to A/C. We have ducted, which we rarely use except in really hot weather. Open doors and windows usually let in a nice breeze. We don't rent out and I also agree with Randolph, the amount of dingbats that turn it on, go out and leave windows and doors open (you can hear the units going full time) must cost the landlords a fortune so they should pay extra for the privilege and maybe they would think twice about abusing it. Yes, it should be a personal choice I agree with you. 

Like 2      
06 Jul 2016 11:17 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

For our sins, we took the grandkids to Magaluf one summer. Big hotel with no aircon. If you wanted a fan you had to rent it from reception. How come a rental property needs aircon but hotels don't? 

Like 0      
07 Jul 2016 12:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Wind.  I of to give the barn door some free advice on how get some free AC at the Tax mans expense assuming I am totally legal that is.

It was all very well you saying (if indeed your posts actually meant something like that ! )  that the costs incurred as a result of the somewhat preposterous rules and the ensuing potentially outrageous electricity bills can be offset against tax, but as that would be around only 20% of the actual costs, that still leaves a very substantial additional amount of unnecessary expenditure.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 07/07/2016.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2016 5:49 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Interesting article in El Pais on the recent laws regarding rentals. Automatic translation into English.

http://economia.elpais.com/economia/2016/07/06/actualidad/1467804899_560278.html

The article points out that while the EU is trying hard to encourage de-regulation and opening-up/liberalisation of private sector businesses across Europe, in Spain the authorities, from national level to town hall, are ever eager to impose more control and regulations. 

This message was last edited by GuyT on 10/07/2016.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2016 11:37 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The last sentence says it all: “Es absurdo....El turista tiene que ser quien decide adonde se quiere alojar, y pagar según los servicios que se ofrecen, que tienen que ser una forma de competir entre propietarios”. 

As they say, the law is an ass! Such confusing, muddled and poorly thought out legislation is what leads to so many people simply ignoring it, and rather than achieving the aim of regulating, simply fans the flames of the black economy. 720 all over again. 

The point about the EU's role is interesting as well. While the British have voted OUT because they're fed up with rules being imposed on them from Brussels, the Spanish on the other hand simply ignore the EU (whilst accepting the hand-outs) and carry on as normal! Cultural difference?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Jul 2016 6:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I see that the "new law" on tourist lettings is getting a bit of coverage in the local English press, no doubt because the letting season is now in full flow.

Interesting to note that owners are supposed to register all guests with the police (local, national - anybody know?) even though the police have no system in place for receiving this information currently. Just wondering, has anybody here actually registered thier property, and if so, have they also notified the police each time there's a change of guests? And another thing - typically, Spanish owners rent their properties to, say 4 people for a two bed apartment, and as soon as they've handed over the keys and got the money, another 6 or so guests sneek in, much to the detriment of other owners in the community, where noise and crowds at communal pools are concerned; in this scenario, would the police even give a sh1t if called to a disturbance and discovered guests other than those registered by the landlord as staying there?

Personally I doubt it, since this situation is of no import to the big hoteliers so has not effectively been addressed by the new legislation...

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Jul 2016 6:59 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Interesting to note that owners are supposed to register all guests with the police (local, national - anybody know?) even though the police have no system in place for receiving this information currently. Just wondering, has anybody here actually registered thier property,

There is a form for registration of guests Roberto - it can be sent by email to either the Guardia or the National Police - and yes you have to do this for every guest over 16 years old.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2016 7:05 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi,

We registered our property in May. I understand there is some 'noise' concerning notifying the police about guests - but we haven't done anything yet. Just haven't had the time. We return to Spain in the autumn  and we will look into it then.

When we registered at the Tourist Office the registrar warned  us that there was a lot of mis-information in the news and on internet forums. He was correct!

Like 0      
22 Jul 2016 8:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Thanks for you replies. That form (TeamGB) looks pretty old - 13 years old to be precise! All the pertinent information is there, but I wonder, if it really is a requirement under the new law, why is there not a shiny new form specially for this? Looks to me like someone is improvising using old registration forms used by hotels. And why do the papers say that the police will currently only take the information by 'phone?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Jul 2016 10:09 PM by ninabailey Star rating in San Jose, Almeria. 8 posts Send private message

I believe this varies according to where you are.  You have to go to your local Guardia to ask them what their requirements are.  In our town, you can register to be able to send all the info to them via an online form.  Personally, I'd rather ask the guests to fill in a form and take the forms to the Guardia as and when, rather than have to retype it all, but I'm not sure if they'll accept it that way. The 'phone method seems highly dubious - which paper said that?

Like 0      
22 Jul 2016 11:50 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Thanks for you replies. That form (TeamGB) looks pretty old - 13 years old 

Roberto - I knew you would pick that up !! But in Malaga, CDS west (which is all I know about) thats what they are currently using!

All a bit of a faf and I'm sure they cant keep them all ! One for every guest per apartment per booking is needed!!

Like 0      
23 Jul 2016 10:27 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This in a thread I started on 1st June "

Yesterday I assisted some people who have registered their property for tourist rentals  under the new rules on short  term rentals (less than 2 months) who came to the National police station with details of people who will start a rental next week.

Although the officer on the door did not know, I discovered arrangement had been made to receive the info.  The police refused to give any confirmation that the info had been handed in.  However, they did supply an email address by which owners can send such info.   It was an address just for that police station,  so I have not posted it here,

I think the Guardia Civil, in areas policed by them,  also have an email address for the purpose.

As I understand it,  the records are keep on the computer, not on bits of paper.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/07/2016.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2016 1:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"I think the Guardia Civil, in areas policed by them,  also have an email address for the purpose."

Aren't the Guardia policing the whole country then? surprise

Is this e-mail address only for specific areas, or nationwide? Why is this still such a grey area? Surely it can't be difficult to organise something like this.

The forms that TeamGB has been told to use  in CDS West are pretty similar to the old yellow cards I had to complete for every registered guest when I had a hostal (until 2003), which were dropped off at the National Police station every so often (whenever I could be bothered) and basically just left in huge pile with all the similar cards from ALL the other hotels & hostals (and there's a LOT in Torremolinos). Surely things have moved on a bit since then?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Jul 2016 1:59 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"The 'phone method seems highly dubious - which paper said that?"

All the papers - the English ones generally lift their news stories directly from the Spanish ones anyway.

Some more light reading

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Jul 2016 3:05 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Roberto:  Aren't the Guardia policing the whole country then? 

The National police are in general  the 'real police' in the towns and cities, the Guardia are the 'real police' outside the towns and cities, seaports etc.

I say 'Real Police' to differentiate them from the Policía Local whom I see as  more or less  traffic wardens with guns. But then I am biased.

PS  Hoping to head off criticism,  the info here is more comprehensive:-   

http://latorreinfo.com/index.php/component/attachments/download/80

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/07/2016.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2016 7:59 PM by Spiv Star rating in Walmington-on-Sea. 4 posts Send private message

Spiv´s avatar

Do the Guardia enforce the law on air conditioning

Like 0      
28 Jul 2016 9:27 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Do the Guardia enforce the law on air conditioning

No, if you have a registered property you will have a visit from an Inspector of the tourist dept  who will asses the property - any departures from the requirements will result in fines.

I expect that if a owner was uncooperative or obstructive they have the option of calling the police, likewise if an inspector suspects a property is being rented without a license

Owners have 12 months grace to fit AC if needed - I think this 12 months started from May this year

This message was last edited by Team GB on 28/07/2016.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2016 7:10 PM by ScottTravels Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Once you make your license application foryour property you will receive a CTC number this is a temporary number until the inspectorate have been and evaluated your property to make sure it complies or highlight areas that need improvement to earn compliance.  Once this is done the owner will receive a full licence number that the ycan display on their adverts.  Going forward people who rent the villa then need to supply details of their passports.  It is this information that needs to be passed to the local police within 24 hours of their arrival.  This would usually be done by the proeprty owner or their representative. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The legal position of the Brexit Vote - 12 posts
Help! Spanish-German lawsuit on alimony - 9 posts
car parking at malaga airport - 2 posts
Murcia Property Services - 2 posts
Income tax. - 25 posts
Rental Query - 0 posts
Condado internal door for sale - 0 posts
Completion in Spain - 6 posts
Miles & Kilometres Volvo V40 - 8 posts
Planning permission for a small pool - 4 posts
Pets in rented property - 0 posts
Slow internet - 1 posts
transport for small dog needed - 9 posts
Brexit - Petition 2nd referendum - 33 posts
Property Values - 3 posts
Changing Euros For Pounds in Valencia - 4 posts
Townhouse near Malaga - 4 posts
Good mobile service provider for San Javier area - 0 posts
Paying Endesa bill - 3 posts
La tercia golf, worth buying? - 22 posts
Spanish Bank - Judgement of the Supreme Court - December 2015 - minimum exchange rate clause - 19 posts
Travel with cockatiels - 0 posts
Urgent Help Needed to find 'legal' builders to carry out property renovation!! - 1 posts
Boundary marking - 4 posts
Pool build requiring water recycling deposit Murcia. - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 51

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x