Satellite / TV Package

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jun 2016 10:17 PM by Kevinuk1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Moving to the Mar Menor area, can anyone recommend best way to get Internet plus some British TV channels. Have heard tv Horadada is good. Don't want anything too expensive just descent Internet etc

thanks

kevin

Like 0      
12 Jun 2016 5:13 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Kevinuk1

Plenty of providers and depends upon what you have at your property as some do not have landlines and will need something like wimax

Check local British press and advertisers on here

Get as many quotes as you can and research

Many packages include calls, IPTV and even mobiles

Good luck

Like 1      
12 Jun 2016 6:35 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Try a Android TV box from eBay for £45 make sure it's fully loaded quad core processor I have been using one for 3 year in Spain.

Like 1      
12 Jun 2016 7:15 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

@windtalker

Try a Android TV box from eBay for £45 make sure it's fully loaded quad core processor I have been using one for 3 year in Spain.

Bit pointless if he hasn't got internet. 

Like 2      
12 Jun 2016 9:14 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Boboal nothing pointless about my post the original poster ask about internet and TV I mearly advised them on the TV part of the post maybe you could advise them on the internet part get a life.

Like 1      
12 Jun 2016 9:41 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Nip round that fish shop on Camposol. They might give you another chip to go on your other shoulder.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2016 10:06 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Well truck me how did you know I was going the the the chipy in spain .

As I said stop picking holes in people post and start giving useful tips get a life.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 12/06/2016.

Like 1      
12 Jun 2016 10:43 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Windtaker you should rename yourself as Mickytalker ----YOU SAY (As I said stop picking holes in people post and start giving useful tips get a life) Have look at most of your post, and you might think of yourself as the biggest person this forum thats picks holes and makes silly claim that you cant back up. Keep to your plumbing job with 25 staff and your property rentals, that you have not told us about for 2 days.

Like 4      
12 Jun 2016 11:48 PM by Kevinuk1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Thanks for info but not so sure about couple of the posts not really constructive to my request 

Like 0      
13 Jun 2016 12:18 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorrry bout that, kevinuk1. 

There are several companies around and TV Horadada is just one. Not sure who covers the Mar Menor but look in the freebie papers. Ole are advertising around that area. Lots of them will allow you to only have it switched on when you are there. Most charge about 100 euro for installation and 35 euro or so for both internet and TV packages with some offering an internet telephone included in the price. We use one which we only use for internet and phone at 25 euro a month and they charge 5 euro for the months you don't use it to keep the phone number. 

Windtalker was talking of an android box but you need a good internet connection to get it and the picture quality is not very good. You can, for example, get filmon on them but have to pay for the HD part and need a faster internet connection. If you get internet, you can also get filmon through a PC and plug direct into your TV.

Like 2      
13 Jun 2016 9:50 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Thank you Bobaol that is what the original poster wanted information on TV and the Internet I couldn't give him information on about the Net in his area but I did give them information on Android TV l did not bring the Camposol chip shop in to the post I am sure this new poster is just as confused as me with your reply,New world your post has nothing to do with Internet or TV in Spain it is not constructive I just don't know where you are coming from a tall you sound like you are a right ........ Get a grip on it .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 13/06/2016.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2016 10:00 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Windtalker stop telling porkies  ( as you say ) and answer my 2 questions from last week, put up or shut pal.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2016 1:17 PM by Pitbull Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I live in Puerto de Mazarron and using Telefonica for Internet and Land line........each time i have considered

changing provider i am told "3 MB is the highest figure available in my area " ..followed by "Sorry but cant help you.

Have tried all advertised products in local papers/magazines ETC,....but no joy....It appears the bottom line really is

the bottom line.....3 MB or nothing.

Like 1      
13 Jun 2016 2:14 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I live in Puerto de Mazarron

Try talking to WIMAZ. We get 6MB and they can go as high as 30MB now, and offer VOIP. Depends on where in the port  you are. Also if it is part time they can do a switch on/off service which we use. They are in the corner shop driving down to the port on the one way street  near the seniors club and next to EXPERT, and just before you get to the port underground car park.

Saludos

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 13/06/2016.

Like 1      
13 Jun 2016 3:00 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Contact Paul at TV technology.  They will go through all options objectively with you.  They're excellent.

http://www.televisiontechnology.eu/    966783944

Jane

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello from utterly confused family considering moving my family to Spain or France. Craving insight from those who've done it!  - 25 posts
Wheelchair accessible vehicles in Spain - 2 posts
hob and oven connection - 6 posts
almoradi - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia - 29 posts
I am searching for a gestoria in the province Castellón - 0 posts
Garden furniture - 0 posts
New to Forum - 0 posts
Spanish income Tax Declarations for 2015 - 14 posts
problems deregistering - 5 posts
Flight Compensation - 6 posts
Santiago De La Ribera - 2 posts
Collecting nie number - 3 posts
New Rental Rules, info re tenants to police - 0 posts
Buying a Property With Squatters in It? - 22 posts
Making a Power of Attorney (Poder) in Spain. - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Rules - 8 posts
Will Other Spanish Regions follow Barcelona - 15 posts
Rentals Question - 4 posts
Brittany Ferries - 0 posts
FOR SALE - Household Misc Items - 0 posts
Semi New Spinning Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 10 posts
Lawyer required - 11 posts
Reliable estate agent in Costa Calida/South Costa Blanca - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x