Rentals Question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 May 2016 10:48 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Do Spanish banks have any restrictions on you renting out your property whilst you have a mortage with them similar to UK buy to let schemes etc.

I had this question asked of me this morning and the reason is the owner has decided to rent a cheap apartment and rent out the house they own and hope to cover costs of cheap property and mortgage the mortgage on teh property they own is on interest only repayment as agreed with their bank due to hardship

I can see what they are trying to do as they have told me their interest only payment is about 350€ per month and the rent of an aprtament is 250€ per month and they hope to rent out the house at 500€ per month.

Surley the banks would not like this

anyone know?

Like 0      
30 May 2016 3:44 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Not only do you need permission from the bank you will have to pay tax on the profit that your let generates.

Like 0      
30 May 2016 4:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Bank´s prohibition on renting the property they have a mortgage right on is contained among the recitals of the deed. According to Supreme Court decision dated 2009, this type of clause is legal just if the rental is for HOUSING. Not for seasonal rentals

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Jun 2016 2:33 PM by familyskivvy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi All,

With regards rentals (I do hope I am on the correct thread here), could anybody give me an idea as to how I go about chasing (legally) a rental company in Spain to actually pay the rent they owe to me for a holiday let.

I know the couple who own the company and everything was done via email, the holidaymakers are already in my apartment and are shortly due to leave but I still have had no money paid to me.

Thank you

Like 0      
07 Jun 2016 3:11 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Start by sending an email and if there is no result after this, I would suggest you to use a lawyer

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Brittany Ferries - 0 posts
FOR SALE - Household Misc Items - 0 posts
Semi New Spinning Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 10 posts
Lawyer required - 11 posts
Reliable estate agent in Costa Calida/South Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Insure a Quad Trecking business - 7 posts
Spanish Residencia for Americanos - 4 posts
IT ALL STARTED AT EYEONSPAIN! CostaLuz-Decastro VICTORY AT THE SUPREME COURT FOR OFF PLAN BUYERS - 32 posts
Urbanisation turns out to be built on rustic land... buy or run ? - 8 posts
HELP WITH FINDING SCHOOLS NEAR ESTEPONA. - 0 posts
Experimento linguístico para mi tesis - 0 posts
Ladies Hairdresser in Estepona/Manilva - 0 posts
Golf Developments With Heated Swimming Pools - 12 posts
LON TERM RENTAL - 0 posts
Osteoarthritis in knees and spain - 1 posts
Driving in Spain in a Motorhome - 32 posts
CHANNEL 4 LOOKING FOR NEW EXPAT BUSINESSES FOR TV SERIES - 0 posts
I successfully got my bank deposit back!! - 13 posts
Young family wanting to know best place for expats in Alicante region - 3 posts
The British College vs Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
fed up with paypal rip off - 2 posts
Crown Pensions will be taken in consideration in Spain as from this year. - 16 posts
Check lists to buy - 6 posts
Business Partner Wanted - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x