Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2016 12:11 PM by Monkey37 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi everyone 

this is my first forum adventure so please bare with me 😁

Im thinking of moving to Spain & have been looking at resort Hacienda del alimo as there seems to be some quite reasonable places at the right £ , that being around 150 k 

what are your thoughts ? Recommendations ? Advice ? All comments welcome 

considerations are :  3 bed min , international school if poss within 30 mins , & quality of life 

thanks ever so in advance for any advice 

Like 0      
07 Jun 2016 12:21 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Are you looking for a naturist urbanisation, by any chance?😄

Like 0      
07 Jun 2016 1:53 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Lovely resort from what I have seen but I believe the community charge is quite high.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2016 8:29 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

It's got lots of plusses, but personally I would find it a bit too detached.  Entertainment, beaches, restaurants etc - but depends what you're after. 

There's some marvellous new developments on the road out of Mazarron puerto towards Isla Plana that I would be looking at - still in Murcia, but which would tick more boxes for me.  (and no to the cynics, I'm not involved in flogging these places!).

Like 0      
07 Jun 2016 8:37 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

There are bargains to be had on all resorts in Murcia, so shop around. Agents advertised prices are to sustaain the market and some haave properties that are considerably under the advertised prices.

Beware what you are told, I've just had a look at the web site http://www.haciendadelalamospain.com/

Proudly dispplayed is the statement 'Located only minutes from the soon to be opened Corvera Airport.'

Which will have many in hysterics.

There are 'sunk' resorts which are not functioning very well, reflected in high community costs due to lack of owners and numerous other problems.

My advice - buying in Spain is only for those who are not giving up a home in the UK, otherwise rent you UK home out and Rent in Spain.

Mike. 

Like 2      
07 Jun 2016 9:30 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You have got to be crazy considering a so called resort the word resort says it all it is for holiday makers not designed for full time living these so called resorts all be it a golf resort turn in to ghost towns 9 months out of 12  if you want to live in spain full time look for a place on a urbanization that people live on all year round.

Like 1      
08 Jun 2016 9:00 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Monkey37, I'm sure you will treat the last post appropriately.  A few folk on EOS have the fixation that we all have to be the same and like the same places. 

Hacienda del Alamo may well be fine for you, but if you are in any doubt why not rent for say 3 months?  That'll also give you the chance to get to know what else is available - there is a lot!  I would be surprised if the rent you pay is not more than recovered by the transaction you finally make.

Like 2      
08 Jun 2016 10:09 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Beware, beware and beware. The first question to ask is how much are the community charges? Oh not very much will come the agent/sellers reply. Insist on the exact amount in writing and then calculate a 5 to 10% rise every future year. Many of them are very expensive.

Build quaity is another question. Some were very shodderly built in the boom years. Winters are relatively cold in Murcia. You will require heating. Dual aircons dont cut it. In summer the resorts are like Benidorm Butlins on a busy day.

If you want to live in Spain buy a house in an inland village where the Spanish live and integrate with the locals.

Like 1      
08 Jun 2016 3:28 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

The reason I mentioned the community charge is that I knew a Belgian couple who lived on Hacienda del Alamo about 5 years ago and the fees were high then. I cannot comment on the rate of increase since then.

The resort appears to have been well built but who knows, it certainly has a more upmarket feel than many similar resorts.

Urbanisations have been mentiones but these have drawbacks, Camposol houses are all prefabricated and i do not need to mention other problems identified previously. The Mazarron Country Club is nice but no shops on site and only one bar. There are not many 3 bedroom either.

As someone else has said the places near Puerto de Mazarron should as Isla Plana are nice but very quiet in winter as are most coastal villages and resorts. A bit like UK seaside resorts I presume..

Have a look at the Mar Menor resorts if you want to be near Kings College near Roldan. Los Alcazares, San Pedro del Pinatar etc etc. My personal favourite is Santiago del Ribera, almost an extension of San Javier and very near the airport.

Lots of places to choose from and I would also suggest you rent for a few months and have a good look around before committing yourselves.

We lived near Fuente Alamo for 11 years and moved only recently so if you need any other info please get in touch.

Jean

Like 1      
08 Jun 2016 4:31 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

ayrez,

If you knew the area I refer to, between Puerto de Mazarron and Isla Plana you would probably not have said "...are nice but very quiet in winter as are most coastal villages and resorts".

The area is a long strip of about 4 miles most of which has terrific sea views helped by the natural lie of the land. 

The beaches of Puerto de Mazarron have always been among the best in Spain, now the newish marina and the passeo is a fabulous area stretches over a mile or loads of restaurants and extends into the developing area to which I refer. 

The puerto de Mazarron side of this area is now well established, within time it will no doubt connect the complete length to Mojon Hills and Isla Plana.  But what makes it different to many Spanish developments is the planning - as a professional property guy (in the UK) I take an interest, no other connection.

It is not vaguely a "village" as you suggest, it will effectively be a suburb of Puerto de Mazarron.  Like most of Spain it will of course be quieter in winter - but there will still be a great deal going on.  In that area at least 50% of the bars and restaurants operate throughout the year.  Virtually all the shops and supermarkets trade throughout the year, so a lot more going on than most places.

If I was buying again, which I'm not, that area would  be at the top of my list.  Hence the recommendation.

Incidentally you are also mistaken about Mazarron Country Club - there are lots of 3 bed properties there - here are a few that are currently for sale http://www.primepropertymurcia.com/property/mazarron-country-club/page/7/  (I have no connection there either)

Like 0      
08 Jun 2016 6:22 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

I stand by what I said about not many 3 bedroom properties on Country Club. The majority of properties on the development are 2 bedroom. The link you gave showed 27 properties for sale of which 4 had 3 bedrooms and 23 properties with 2 bedrooms. 

I am not sure the area you mean when you say it is not a village. I would describe both  Isla Plana and La Azohia as coastal villages and I have to agree about the fabulous views along that stretch.If,when Mar de Plata is completed, the powers that be extend the paseo all the way around it will be outstanding.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2016 7:41 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Ayrez, there are some 800 properties on MCC using that ratio it means there are likely to be around 29 with 3 bedrooms, which is probably more than "not many".  It really doesn't matter, but I just thought your post needed clarification.

As I stated and described, the area I recommend is effectively a suburb of Puerto de Mazarron - nothing to do with La Azohia which is about 8 miles further along the coast.  But the Antipodas restaurante at La Azohia is absolutely marvellous, one of my favourites and it's open all year, along with about 10 others! smiley

As a generalism you'll find that coastal locations remain far more active throughout the year than the inland villages.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2016 9:11 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** the poster asked a simple question nothing else l gave the poster a straight forward reply and the poster was told to ignore what l said ,what l said was people do not buy a property on a golf resort to live on permanent these developments are built for one reason only so that people can go and play golf hence the lack of facilities like no school's/ no shopping malls/no entertainment/no dogs/no comunity /built miles from the real world and so on l mite have been abrupt in my original post but unfortunately it is the truth and straight to the point the poster mentioned schools that means kids these so called resorts are not built for families in mind and if part of you planning included finding a job to help support your family forget get it l have had a villa on Camposol for Ten year's the people that l know that have so called job's tend to work for the expats comunity or in bar's and restaurants that tend to be.owned by expatst and  very poorly paid.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 6/9/2016 4:27:00 PM.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2016 9:29 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Windtalker.....when was the last time you went to the Mar Menor Golf Resort or La Torre Golf Resort,both Polaris World Well built resorts. because if you had been and asked around you would find 100s live on both resorts full time.

Like 3      
09 Jun 2016 10:02 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Newworld a few Hundred people dont make up a comunity this type of resort is for holidaying on not living ,I also forgot to mention the lack of Butlins Red coats and Disney Land s Micky Mouse this type of enviroment is totally false hence the larg number of properties on so called resorts  that are up for sale, Newworld I also beleave you are an estate agent and it would not expect anything else from a estate agent with money in mind and a free pair of rose coloured glasses in hand .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 09/06/2016.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2016 11:15 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Before you try and tell me there is the large number of properties on so called resorts  that are up for sale look at this from ONE  web site, and at least the polaris resorts the properties are selling,http //www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property-for-sale/Camposol.html    And if Camposol is so great why dont you live on it full time, instead of every other week, telling EOS forum that you visit 6 time a year blablabla people are not bothered how many time you go,and you have the best villa in Murcia. And i am a agent thats a good one,if was i would not be buying a property with a agent who has many ads on this site. I dont know from adam, but a rough guess i would say your 65 -70 years old and can not listen to what other people might have to say,because in your sad world your allways right, and you go out of your way to tell people they are wrong, you come a cross as a very bitter person.

Like 6      
09 Jun 2016 3:56 PM by paris Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Windtalker what are you talking about, I live in a community with 30 properties, where is it written you need to have a property within 10000 of others to be a community.

Like 3      
09 Jun 2016 8:44 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

New world their is nothing bitter and twisted about telling people the truth l am what you would call a realist tell it how it is that's me know one said Camposol is the be end all of home ownership in Spain the residents of Camposol have been shite on by the Spanish builder's and estate agents the same as many property owners all over Spain and by the way I haven't got one foot in the grave yet ,just to put things right l fly over to Spain every 6weeks throughout the year I do not live in Spain  for Tax reasons l also run two business's in the UK one is property development and the other is in Heating and Plumbing I have 25 people working for me full time l hope that explains why l do not live in Spain .

Like 0      
09 Jun 2016 9:03 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Why does "Camposol" seem to get mentioned in every thread these days?  I have nothing at all against the place, but I do wish those who reside there could talk about something else!  Or rambling on about themselves!

It ruins what should be an intelligent, informative discussion.  Many of the quality contributors seem to keep a low profile these days.

Like 1      
09 Jun 2016 9:52 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Heating and Plumbing Company, ( wow)  dont forgot to your buy to let portfolio, that you have not told us about for 2 weeks or so. Do you have a PA in your 25 strong work force ?

Like 1      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I am searching for a gestoria in the province Castellón - 0 posts
Garden furniture - 0 posts
New to Forum - 0 posts
Spanish income Tax Declarations for 2015 - 14 posts
problems deregistering - 5 posts
Flight Compensation - 6 posts
Santiago De La Ribera - 2 posts
Collecting nie number - 3 posts
New Rental Rules, info re tenants to police - 0 posts
Buying a Property With Squatters in It? - 22 posts
Making a Power of Attorney (Poder) in Spain. - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Rules - 8 posts
Will Other Spanish Regions follow Barcelona - 15 posts
Rentals Question - 4 posts
Brittany Ferries - 0 posts
FOR SALE - Household Misc Items - 0 posts
Semi New Spinning Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 10 posts
Lawyer required - 11 posts
Reliable estate agent in Costa Calida/South Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Insure a Quad Trecking business - 7 posts
Spanish Residencia for Americanos - 4 posts
IT ALL STARTED AT EYEONSPAIN! CostaLuz-Decastro VICTORY AT THE SUPREME COURT FOR OFF PLAN BUYERS - 32 posts
Urbanisation turns out to be built on rustic land... buy or run ? - 8 posts
HELP WITH FINDING SCHOOLS NEAR ESTEPONA. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x