CCTV IN A Community

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2017 2:30 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Briando55,

Re your query - the situation you outline is absurd, but not uncommon.  The insurance industry receives a lot of flak, some of which is misplaced.  But a lot of people fall foul of this innocent claim situation which is an absolute travesty.  

Last year my wife had two accidents both of which were the third parties fault.  There was no doubt on responsibility whatsoever, so we did not report either incident to the insurers, instead I recovered our repair costs etc myself from the third party insurers.  In fact one of the two third parties turned out to be uninsured, so I recovered our outlay from the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) which was established by insurers for this situation, a well kept secret.

But this action avoided any chance of the no claims bonus being prejudiced.  Insurance company bods will say "it's not a no fault claim bonus, it's a no claim bonus".  In reality it's completely indefensible.

If you create enough fuss at the time you might persuade the insurer to reverse the decision, but you need to go higher in the company than the call centre personnel who are trained to fob you off.  

Like 0      
08 Mar 2017 2:50 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Ptan

I am a bit confused at your post as it appears to be your first comment on this thread

Where were you referring to the community cctv

The link I provided gives some usefull info on community and private cctv in Spain 

Can't vouch for its accuracy 

Like 0      
08 Mar 2017 3:14 PM by technodec Star rating in Staffordshire &River.... 19 posts Send private message

Just to come back on track with the original post I went ahead and had the cameras fitted and everything was done from start to finish without any problems. The company Alarma Universal did all the required paperwork to ensure that it was legal.I.E. The council and Police and it has been working with no problems .

It is on a maintainence contract and is serviced every 3  months.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2017 4:09 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

whatsoever, so we did not report either incident to the insurers, instead I recovered our repair costs etc myself from the third party insurers.

Acer, Only one thing wrong with the way you did it, if you don't report it to your insurance company even though not your fault, and 6 to 12 months down the line problems with your neck, back, hands, and so on started...How would you claim for injuries?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2017 4:43 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Bax1946 - nothing wrong "with the way I didi it"!!!  I believe you're confusing the vroles involved.

If my wife had sustained an injury it would made against the third party or their insurers, for which the statutory limitation is 3 years.   My insurers would not have any liability under the policy for in an injury claim from her, as driver of the vehicle - so there is no need to report it to them.

Our insurers involvement is limited to damage to our vehicle and of course any liability arising to a third party claim (where I was certain that none would arise).

Any more queries please send me a PM or start a new thread as we're outside the topic.

This message was last edited by acer on 08/03/2017.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2017 5:10 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Point taken acer, hope you never have to put it to the test.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2017 9:39 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Baz1946  Thank you for your good wishes, but these situations hold no concerns for me.  

This message was last edited by acer on 08/03/2017.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2017 3:32 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

A 375 quorum is necessary, according to provision 17.1 of the Horizontal Property Act. If the quorum is reached, all community members are obliged to the payment of involved costs. Being a safety measure, and this being stated in the Meeting´s minutes no owner can claim any " image right".

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Mar 2017 6:05 PM by mikelorna Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Hello,

Can anyone answer this please !!! who is the admisistrator that is paid 215,000 euro a year or about £187,000 or £15,600 a month ?????

M & L 

Like 0      
09 Mar 2017 6:05 PM by mikelorna Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Hello,

Can anyone answer this please !!! who is the admisistrator that is paid 215,000 euro a year or about £187,000 or £15,600 a month ?????

M & L 

Like 0      
10 Mar 2017 10:09 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Must be large Community, average costs are normally between 5-8 euros per household per month.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New to the board - Yorkshire family looking to re locate - 1 posts
Life and work in spain - 4 posts
Used 2015 Lexus LX 570 4WD - 0 posts
Childs seats help - 1 posts
Do You Spain - too good to be true? - 12 posts
Almunecar rastro - 0 posts
How difficult is it to install additional electric wall sockets in Spain? - 0 posts
Renfe train tickets - 14 posts
Case won against Banks in Eurohouse developments - 7 posts
Laura Perth - 3 posts
Victory against Eurohouse banks - 0 posts
Gill - 19 posts
starting off in the sun - 5 posts
Wanting to move to Majorca from UK within the next few months - 8 posts
Ley 57/68 - 26 posts
Uk car in Spain - 4 posts
sparky required - 0 posts
entities - 11 posts
spanish mortgages - 26 posts
IBI Uprating - 8 posts
Transfer of ownership of a motor vechicle not done by Garage(Buyer) - 8 posts
Newbies help - 0 posts
Looking for a second hand 7 seater/jeep - 0 posts
Very Small Dog wanted. - 1 posts
Solicitor - 85 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x