Job and renting info please?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2016 6:22 PM by summermojito Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello, 

Myself and my 4 year old daughter are relocating back to Spain hopefully his year.

We are hoping to return to the Costa del sol, anywhere from Fuengiroa to Estepona.

I will be needing to put my daughter into a school and I will be looking for work to fit in with the schoold hours.

I would just like some advice on schools, what paper work will I need for her to start, she does not have an NIE but I do.

I will be potentially looking for live in or live out au pair work as I know some families dont mind if you have a child.

Does anyone know of any jobs that will supply accommodation for a while? au pair, housekeeping, help in a family run hostel, bnb etc?

Any advice will be great.

Many thanks

Becky

Like 0      
29 Jan 2016 7:49 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Are you for real how on earth are you going to earn enough money in a extremely low paid job to pay the rent /ibi/electric/food an clothes for you and you're 4 year old daughter stop dreaming and thinking of yourself and start putting your daughter first.

Like 2      
29 Jan 2016 8:21 PM by summermojito Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

In au pair work you do not pay bills or food etc, and there are families that pay 100euros a week in some areas.... so get your facts right!!!

Like 0      
29 Jan 2016 8:45 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Boy do you need you're head looking ,at you can earn a 100eu a week that's £73 at today's exchange rate a minuscule amount  as I said in my previous post think of you're daughter stop putting yourself first this has got to be the number 1 as stupid post go.

Like 1      
29 Jan 2016 9:01 PM by summermojito Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Whoever you are you must be truly bored with your life. If you cant say anything positive, be quiet!

You dont even know how long I would be there for until a proper job came up. It was a simple stright forward question, as I said get a life you utter bore!

Like 1      
30 Jan 2016 8:19 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Becky, whilst Windtaker could have been more diplomatic in the way he said what he did, basically what he said is correct.

As you say you have lived here before, I would have thought, more than most, you would known that finding work in Spain, CDS, is extremely difficult and that many Spaniards have in fact gone to UK to find employment as there is practically none available in Spain.

On a practical front if the type of job you would be seeking were available it would be snapped up long before it got to being advertised.

And finally, the tone of your 'indignant' reply would put me off employing you if I were seeking any employee.

PS You did say 'any advice will be great' but apparently you did not mean that !

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/01/2016.

Like 3      
30 Jan 2016 11:14 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Becky

The reality is that there is very little to be positive about regarding work for anyone in any of teh costas. You may pick up seasonal work in the summer but this time of year very little chance of any work.

I agree with what johnzx is saying and windtalker, yes harsh words but very true

Good luck

Like 2      
10 Aug 2019 8:00 AM by adamhenry Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I think you need an excellent job with a handsome salary. Otherwise, you can take home in cheap.

Like 1      
10 Aug 2019 1:18 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

adamhenry, as the original post  was in Jan 2016 I would suggest that the person posting will have moved on or not.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TV content from 'home' - 5 posts
Donald Trump - 61 posts
Looking for advice on which estate agent to use..... - 7 posts
Buying Travel Insurance whilst living in Spain - 6 posts
Law 57/68 claims - 25 posts
Hi - new: moving from UK Sussex to Galicia in summer 2016. - 4 posts
Restrictions on driving with a Spanish DL. - 8 posts
Set up on-line electricity contract - 5 posts
Gringo Americans Seeking Advice (Por Favor) - 2 posts
Sam Brooks - 10 posts
Gas water heater - 3 posts
Long Term Car Rentals - 3 posts
Brittany Ferries Discount Codes - 2 posts
Banking - 2 posts
From Essex to Espana.. - 2 posts
compressed double mattress?? furniture delivery advice? - 1 posts
SPANISH REGISTERED LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR FOR SALE IN ENGLAND, TOYOTA COROLLA. - 0 posts
Retired landlords living in Spain who derive an income from buy-to-lets in the UK - 12 posts
Buying a new car in Murcia - 18 posts
Bank Drafts and selling up - 8 posts
Driving a Spanish reg car in France on a uk lic - 4 posts
Sky.eu? Satellite or IPTV - 5 posts
Jonty's back - 2 posts
pay as you go electricity - 1 posts
can I chase the dream - 61 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x