Gas Change Over From Ex REPSOL BUTANO

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Dec 2015 7:19 PM by brian755 Star rating in your mind and any wh.... 52 posts Send private message

brian755´s avatar

Hi everyone,

I have recently been told that my old gas company “Repsol Butano” are no longer trading and that we all have to choose another company to supply us.

If we do not choose then they will choose for us by default.

I have no idea who to choose?

Has anyone else had any experience of this, or can anyone recommend a reputable and cost effective company to go with?

Thank you all.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2015 7:41 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Brian

Here in Andalucia one can still exchange your Orange Gas Bottle at Repsol Petrol  Stations as well as the Repsol Depots or have your Bottle/s Delivered. I have not heard that Repsol Butano  are no longer trading. Where did you obtain your information from. Trading in these Gas Bottles is normal as as I am concerned.

Nigel

Like 0      
19 Dec 2015 11:33 PM by longlegpete Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Hi Brian

Repsol an't going anywhere,  they are a huge company, maybe someone was talking about your local offices? , these can and do change but you just fine another,  do you have a fixed tank or are you using bottles,  as has been said bottles can be exchanged in numerous places

Like 0      
20 Dec 2015 9:08 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

You can search for Repsol service stations near you here

Like 0      
20 Dec 2015 1:50 PM by argarcia Star rating in Torrevieja. 23 posts Send private message

I think the op is referring to a "permanent" installation (plumbed in) where the gas is supplied by a large deposit on site. You dont mention where you are, I know some properties have this in mutxamel. You should contact your Community President and see what info they have. Good luck.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2015 4:22 PM by brian755 Star rating in your mind and any wh.... 52 posts Send private message

brian755´s avatar

Hi every one!

Thank you so much for all your great reply’s on here it’s been a great experience and also reassuring to know that help is not far away. Argarcia... yes you are spot on it’s a permanent installation and also plumbed in as you have already guessed, sorry I should have said this, apologies to all!

I see from my DD from my bank that it’s now changed the name from Repsol to " Compania Espanola de Gas" we were given a phone number from the community and told that they would contact us to check that out existing boilers would be compatible with the new suppliers but no new from them as yet. I presumed that gas was gas but evidently not? My apartment is on the Las Ramblas Golf urbanization near Campoamor Golf.

Thanks to all

Bri

Like 0      
21 Dec 2015 3:20 PM by longlegpete Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

You are correct Brian, gas is gas, there are a 2 types for general heating , propane and butane, i dont know the company you mention but i am thinking they may just have purchased your particular contract from Repsol. 

You should have your gas conections checked every 5 years, normally the supplier will do this free of charge, the only thing you need to be on your toes about i guess is if the new company are still sending propane through the system which is the same as before but they tell you that this and that meeds to be changed, if its the same type of gas then unless faulty nothing needs to be changed 

I am assuming they are a good company so won't do anything underhand but its worth keeping you wits about you

Like 0      
21 Dec 2015 8:15 PM by brian755 Star rating in your mind and any wh.... 52 posts Send private message

brian755´s avatar

Hi Longlegpete,

Excellent” Thank you for the heads –up, I will be on my guard.

Thank you for your post and time.

Cheers!

Bri.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2015 10:19 AM by argarcia Star rating in Torrevieja. 23 posts Send private message

If you are at the property permanently then it should not be a problem for the new company to contact you. From our experience, you may find that there will be a charge for the inspection to take place and they may (or not) find also "faults/failures" that will require additional payment to rectify. I think in theory the owners have the right to choose who will be the supplier and it is important to know (via the President/Administrators) what can be the implications, particularly financially. Unfortunately due to lack of active participation on the part of many of the owners, changes are imposed on the community that infer additional costs to the owners. In some cases the amounts may not seem great but when you multiply the cost over all the properties, there is a great income being generated, so it is important to have a clear understanding what is being proposed and what are the options available. Good luck.

Like 1      
22 Dec 2015 1:37 PM by brian755 Star rating in your mind and any wh.... 52 posts Send private message

brian755´s avatar

Like 0      
22 Dec 2015 1:40 PM by brian755 Star rating in your mind and any wh.... 52 posts Send private message

brian755´s avatar

Thanks again Argarcia,

I am c lear on the situation now due to all the fgeed back thanks.

Just for the recoed I do not have any bottled gas what so ever I refer only to my permanant supply which is a change over.

All the very best to every one!

Kind regards to all.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Drink Driving in Spain - 6 posts
thinking of buying at Sierra Golf Balsicas ??? - 16 posts
Caught drink driving? - 66 posts
Legal to Drive or not? - 10 posts
Loan offer at 2% Interest rate - 0 posts
dog travelling security - 4 posts
Community with a tourist license - 4 posts
MOVISTAR TREATMENT OF CUSTOMERS - 3 posts
where is best to advertise when looking for a used car - 3 posts
Angela - 7 posts
"False Lawyers" under investigation in Spain - 5 posts
SPANISH TRAFFIC POLICE - 20 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers are the slowest Property Conveyancers in the country - 0 posts
TVaway IPTV - 6 posts
Xmas day lunch? Any recommendations in Malaga Centre or Benalmadena or surrounding area? - 2 posts
Spanish banks not issuing bank guarantees - Fortuna Golf development - 6 posts
Legal protection for communities - 12 posts
Must vote be taken annually on appointment of administrator. - 5 posts
Wanted A4 Wall mounted displays - 0 posts
Internet - 1 posts
Fortuna Golf Deposit Return - 11 posts
Fortuna Golf - 2 posts
Anyone got a Solmar contract handy please? - 1 posts
Act on Disabled perons and social inclusion in Spain - 0 posts
Renewing DL in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x