MOVISTAR TREATMENT OF CUSTOMERS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Dec 2015 11:00 AM by Nels Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I have been a customer of Movistar for approx 12 yrs, a few days ago (8th Dec) I received a letter informing me that my monthly costs for ADSL (getting approx 2.5) mgs although I pay for up to 10 mgs.!  and use of telephone, would be increased from 44.euros to 48 euros. with effect from 1st Jan 2016.  If I do not change to another supplier by then, they will assume that I wish to remain with  Movistar with a contract for 12 mths !

I checked with alternative suppliers and was told that to change could take up to three weeks, (By which time my contract with Movistar would be in force) I went back to Movistar saying that I wished to change, they informed me that they do not need my signature to enforce the contract, and they know it wil be impossible to complete all the paperwork before the deadline.

I asked to speak to a supervisor to complain further, I was given a number to which there was no reply and after 5 mins the line went dead.

So it seems that in this 'democratic' country of Spain, a client has no rights !!!

Like 0      
12 Dec 2015 1:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I tried to move to Vodafone from Movistar and VF messed it up. Until you have tried their customer service, Movistar is a breeze. I eventually got VF cancelled and kept Movistar. I have recently changed to a wireless provider and leaving Movistar was easy as ringing them and telling them I was leaving. I got a refund of the advance charges I had paid too.

Also, ring them and talk to their retentions team, they kept me as a customer for a couple of years as they kept lowering the price for me to stay.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2015 2:24 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Nels

I know it's a faf, but maybe you will get more joy if you visit one of their shops (not a franchised one) you can find the locations on their website. If your Spanish is less than perfect it's notoriously difficult to get anywhere on the telephone.

At least in a shop you can use your charm and personality to negociate and if all else fails you can threaten them with the complaints book and consumer groups.

I'm also with Movistar and have been for the last 8 years, I haven't had the letter you speak of and my tariff hasn't increased in that time - probably due to the market opening up to competition and thus creating downwards price pressure.

I'm in the 'Better the devil you know' category at the moment - as markfish has said I've heard some horrendous stories about VF and Orange.

Movistar retention dept! that made me smile. I'm imagining a very small office in the basement of the 24 story head office manned by a single employee who only works 1 day a week betwen the hours of 10 and 10-30

Good luck

This message was last edited by Team GB on 12/12/2015.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2015 3:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

"Movistar retention dept! that made me smile. I'm imagining a very small office in the basement of the 24 story head office manned by a single employee who only works 1 day a week betwen the hours of 10 and 10-30"

It does exist, honest guv smiley. I was first transferred there a few years ago when I rang to cancel (whether it was a colleague sat next to them or not I don't know), but they reduced my tariff. I then tried for the next 2 years until finally they wouldn't reduce any more and I was able to get a provider where I could downgrade when not there. Did it all in English as well, my conversational Spanish is not very good indecision

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

where is best to advertise when looking for a used car - 3 posts
Angela - 7 posts
"False Lawyers" under investigation in Spain - 5 posts
SPANISH TRAFFIC POLICE - 20 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers are the slowest Property Conveyancers in the country - 0 posts
TVaway IPTV - 6 posts
Xmas day lunch? Any recommendations in Malaga Centre or Benalmadena or surrounding area? - 2 posts
Spanish banks not issuing bank guarantees - Fortuna Golf development - 6 posts
Legal protection for communities - 12 posts
Must vote be taken annually on appointment of administrator. - 5 posts
Wanted A4 Wall mounted displays - 0 posts
Internet - 1 posts
Fortuna Golf Deposit Return - 11 posts
Fortuna Golf - 2 posts
Anyone got a Solmar contract handy please? - 1 posts
Act on Disabled perons and social inclusion in Spain - 0 posts
Renewing DL in Spain - 7 posts
rental - 6 posts
Employment - 3 posts
car hire in alicante airport - 29 posts
Obtaining a licence in Andalusia (Granada) - 1 posts
apple tv in Spain - 4 posts
Animal Lovers problem in Costa Blanca reference cats!!!!! - 5 posts
car hire in santa pola - 0 posts
HEALTH INSURANCE - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x