Electrical fixed charges increased from 36% to 65%.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Mar 2014 9:50 AM by javelin Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi

My latest bi monthly Iberdrolla electric bill shows my fixed charge has increased by a whopping (approx)150%. My normal 2 monthly fixed charge of 39 euro has been increased to 96 euro.

I understand the government of Spain has changed the the fixed / variable 35%/ 65% to 65% / 35% but this does not explain my fixedcharge bill of 96 euro. I'm travelling at the moment so unable to make enquiries. Anyone else experienced a change in their fixed charge?

Javelin

Like 0      
22 Mar 2014 8:24 AM by Jontym Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Fixed charge!
I have to pay for 5.5kw per day@0.97, if I'm there I use it, no other charges except tax, if I'm not there that is the charge I get.

No other charges

Jon

Like 0      
22 Mar 2014 8:37 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Yes, ours has gone up but not by that much. For 5.75Kw the standing charge including tax was €29 for 2 months, not €39. It has gone up to approx €48 which half the amount yours has. That is with all taxes includin the special and VAT added on at the end. 

Mind you, it was quite difficult to work out as there appears to be 3 different tariffs this billing period with different rates of tax as well. And still a big increase when the tax is added on. As said before, at the bottom of the bill is the statement that 31% of the bill is for electricity used and 69% for taxes and charges.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 3:56 PM by Duggy1 Star rating in Mallorca Puerto Andr.... 10 posts Send private message

Could you change to a lower Potencia Contada with out the dreadful FUNDIDO DE PLOMO .If so that would reduce the bill

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 9:15 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

It would seem to me that you are being surharged on your potencia. Probably because you haven't got an ICP. The cost per kWh ( before taxes) for potencia under 10kwh is about 11.5 cents per day. 

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 10:30 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Kathyslad, as usual, very useful input. I Just checked our last bill at 5.75 Potencia in Murcia with Iberdrola and it was 0,120615 €/kW daily with Iberdrola. Can you confirm your source for this. We were a new build in 2008 and have an ICP.

Thanks in advance

Like 0      
12 Jun 2014 12:08 AM by javelin Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi all, sorry, I got it wrong. Just got my latest 2 monthly bill from Iberdrolla which shows a fixed charge of Euro 48.24. The previous 2 monthly bill for Euro 96 was Iberdrollas fun way of rounding out the previous months fixed charges.

So, back to sleep until the next financial fright!!!!

Like 0      
10 Jan 2015 2:57 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Does anyone use Euroenergias as their electricity supplier? If you do what are you charged as a standing charge? We seem to have been charged 54.70 Euros and have not been at the property and have not used any electricity.

We are trying to get intouch with them but any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sping.

Like 0      
10 Jan 2015 3:18 PM by Duggy1 Star rating in Mallorca Puerto Andr.... 10 posts Send private message

There are 2 charges. 1 relates to the actual usage of power and the other to the max power you could use at any one time. ( the potential ) You might be able to reduce your potencia to get a saving in the standing charge . However if you lower it too much you will get power outages if you use too many appliances at the same time

Like 1      
10 Jan 2015 5:00 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Not euroenergias but we are with Iberdrola. Those charges are about the same. Most houses have a "potencia" of 5.75Kw at a charge of around 12.4 centimos per Kw or approx 71 cents a day. 60 day bill makes it about €42.60. Add on taxes and VAT and it shoves it up to close on 50 euro. Then the meter hire charge at 2 cents a day plus the 4% energy tax and there's your bill of about 54 euro before you even plug something in.

Shocking.

Like 2      
11 Jan 2015 1:29 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Electricity has always been expensive in Spain ,their is very little compation and allot of price fixing between the Spanish companies not at all like the UK where it is illegal to price fix .

Like 0      
11 Jan 2015 1:29 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Electricity has always been expensive in Spain ,their is very little compation and allot of price fixing between the Spanish companies not at all like the UK where it is illegal to price fix .

Like 0      
11 Jan 2015 3:51 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Clear as mud all these post, my sister is looking at a long term rent is the minimum she will pay bi monthly even if she does not turn a light on ?

Like 0      
11 Jan 2015 4:53 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Clear as mud read this original post 2+2=4

This message was last edited by windtalker on 11/01/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Shop/Wholesalers Dolores - 0 posts
Inheritance tax advice for residents - 39 posts
Hotel Type Key switch - 5 posts
Caser Seguros - 2 posts
Mailbox - 1 posts
Electric Meters - Coin Operated - 6 posts
Collecting Visitors at MV - 9 posts
What do you cook when in Spain? - 4 posts
Torrevieja Sea Front - no looky looky men - 18 posts
filmon - 4 posts
La Zenia to Portaventura - 0 posts
Mal Prosser - 0 posts
Letter of ??? - 2 posts
Really I am getting Fed up - 8 posts
Habitation Certificate - 13 posts
Residency requirements in Spain - 15 posts
Regular IBI Bills? - 5 posts
Astra 28 degrees frequency updates - changes to ITV 4+1 - 0 posts
Car dealers - 4 posts
IHT does this work - 3 posts
Taxi's - 0 posts
EHIC Rights- Useful information for family members coming to visit - 0 posts
Questionnaire - 0 posts
If I knew then what I know now! - 26 posts
TV and Internet costs - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x