Collecting Visitors at MV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2014 6:49 PM by bigzosso Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi guys,

we have friends coming over in May 2014 and we are going to pick them up at MJV. We havent done this before so my question is, do we just drive up to the Arrivals door and then drive out with them or do we have to use the car park and pay (if so how much) and is there a pass system if in the car park to get out of the car park?

many thanks

Carl

Like 0      
17 Mar 2014 7:08 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

From the last time I went there, you can park to drop people off or pick them up by the door but it is very strictly policed. Anyone leaving the car will be told to move and anyone just sitting there will also be moved on.

The car park is right next to the arrivals/departures area and cost is quite reasonable, I seem to recall paying about 70 cents for half an hour and certainly less than 2 euro for an hour, although this was a couple of years ago.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2014 7:19 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

It's very cheap to park there, and there are always plenty of spaces there.Arrivals is only a short distance. It 's a small airport and much more passenger friendly than Alicante

Like 0      
18 Mar 2014 7:23 AM by bigzosso Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks guys, thats great info. Is this pay and display or pay to get out? Dont want to get caught out.

I know it will be probably be straight forward when I get there but I do like to have a "heads up" prior to doing anything , so I am not going in blind :-)

PPPPPP

Like 0      
18 Mar 2014 8:59 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Take a ticket on the way in and pay to get out either by machine or booth.
MJV is the easiest airport in the world to navigate. Only one small building with street level parking opposite and a pavement between.
It's a doddle.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2014 9:15 AM by bigzosso Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Floella, thats brill info. That makes me feel on the way in there will be signs for either Departures or Car Park then? (Cant you tell I'm a worrier?)

Like 0      
18 Mar 2014 9:22 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Take ticket from first barrier into the carpark , where you will find three times as many empty spaces as full ones.
Arrivals is furthest end of building

Like 0      
18 Mar 2014 9:23 AM by bigzosso Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Super thanks very much. Appreciate your help

Carl

Like 0      
18 Mar 2014 9:29 AM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

Used this many many times and has been said the simplest place in the world.clearly signed for parking ,take ticket on arrival then park up.Walk about 20metres across the road into clearly marked terminal.The arrivals is on the left hand side of building as you enter and consists of one door only.Once you meet your guests exit terminal and look to thr right where you will see an attended booth and ticket machine to the right.Once ticket validated drive out and insert ticket to open barrier .Bingo you are on your way.Parking dues are ridiculously. Low.good luck.
Iain

Like 0      
18 Mar 2014 9:33 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Everything well signposted.
Take ticket from first barrier , at airport, straight into the carpark , where you will find three times + as many empty spaces as full ones.
Arrivals is at furthest end of building, although you can enter via the nearer departure doors because it is really only one long room. And once through sliding doors ...eureka..you are there to great your visitors.
Even my husband says this is the only airport that doesn't faze him!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What do you cook when in Spain? - 4 posts
Torrevieja Sea Front - no looky looky men - 18 posts
filmon - 4 posts
La Zenia to Portaventura - 0 posts
Mal Prosser - 0 posts
Letter of ??? - 2 posts
Really I am getting Fed up - 8 posts
Habitation Certificate - 13 posts
Residency requirements in Spain - 15 posts
Regular IBI Bills? - 5 posts
Astra 28 degrees frequency updates - changes to ITV 4+1 - 0 posts
Car dealers - 4 posts
IHT does this work - 3 posts
Taxi's - 0 posts
EHIC Rights- Useful information for family members coming to visit - 0 posts
Questionnaire - 0 posts
If I knew then what I know now! - 26 posts
TV and Internet costs - 1 posts
What happens if I don't use a flight? - 12 posts
EU Bankers Bonus Capped - UK? - 5 posts
THE CLUBHOUSE IN MANILVA - 1 posts
advice on buying a garage - 3 posts
Statute of limitations - 1 posts
CAR TAX - 15 posts
motorhome insurance - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x