Really I am getting Fed up

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Mar 2014 10:06 AM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Really I am getting Fed up with all the doom and Glumme laid down by those crying wolf in Spain.

Surely when you chose to live in another EU country. You sat down and thought it through.enlightened

Set a plan. Once the plan is set. You seek out good legal representation. A Good property agent that is going to sell you something that is real (Not a dream that is in a glossy brochure). A good bank that looks after your interests. Reliable builders and service providers that don't rip you off or let you down.

How many people believe their dream is alive today, that made the move all them Happy years ago

Part of the plan is not to put all your assets on one basket.

How many are stuck in Spain with nowhere to return to in UK.

Family may Love you (FREE HOLIDAYS in the Sun) but they don't want you living with them.

The Plan I set out in 2001 is still holding

Learned a lot over the years

Happy in the Sun You bet I am. Happy with my life in UK. You bet I am.

Get real people enjoy what you have. Someday you may get what you don't want.

You can't take it with you.

Bring another Lotto win on>>>cool

Flack Jacket on.

Always remember to keep the Sun in Ya heart!yes

Like 3      
14 Mar 2014 11:58 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

You seek out good legal representation. A Good property agent that is going to sell you something that is real (Not a dream that is in a glossy brochure). A good bank that looks after your interests. Reliable builders and service providers that don't rip you off or let you down.

Great advice, I'm sure no-body even thought of that blush............... I believe most people did think they were seeking 'good' legal representaion, agent, bank, builder whatever only to find out later on it wasn't so good after all, hindsight is a wonderful thing. The question has been asked on here before but I've never seen a satisfactory answer, how do you know 'good' advice from bad in a foreign country and an unfamiliar system ????

Poppyseed

Like 3      
14 Mar 2014 12:39 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Poppyseed,  how do you know 'good' advice from bad ................   ???

As you say, it’s just about impossible in Spain, as often it is elsewhere too.

One believes they had a good representation when all went well without any hitches.  Well if all is OK then one does not need a representative.

Like 1      
14 Mar 2014 12:51 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

I listened to a good friend all those years ago. He owned a multi million pound property in La Manga Club. He referred all his Trusted contacts to me. I am still with them today 13 years on.

How do you know 'good' advice from bad in a foreign country and an unfamiliar system????

Suppose really you will never get a true answer to that one.

You have to enjoy what you have. Have good friends that have lived with the system that is unfamiliar. Learn the language.

If I do not understand something. I am lucky enough to live next-door to a trusted and respected English-speaking Spanish Solicitor.

I understand as much as I need too.

My only worry is if anything happens to me. Who will pick up the pieces, as I have looked after my Spanish admin from the start?

I have told the wife The Solicitor has POA leave it all for him to sort.

Our Property and assets in Spain were never meant to be Profit Generating.

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 14/03/2014.

Like 1      
14 Mar 2014 2:05 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

El Alamillo,  You seem to have misunderstood my post.

I speak Spanish. The problem is that most (not all) solicitors etc are not very good or useless.  I say that from over  50 years of dealing with them in both in UK and Spain, professionally and privately.

I understand that most of those now in fear of their homes being demolished had professional representation.  It did not help them

Like 2      
14 Mar 2014 2:56 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Nope, and it didn't help those that had no professional representation ether, (DIY) even if you went it alone and all seemed above board you still had NO guarantee what so ever, because Spain changed the rules as and when it wanted to, and the truth is if a balls up was made when you did it yourself you would hardly  brag about that.

Gamblers prove that over and over again, you always get told when they win big or small, never when they lose anything.

In the UK because most people have grown up knowing a fair bit about buying UK property, and the English ways of the process it can be done fairly straight forwards on your own, its stupid to buy in a strange country, which after all Spain is a very strange country concerning many things, doing it the DIY way.

Solicitors are often not all good, but they are not a scamming machine, a million good reasons why they are solicitors.

Like 1      
14 Mar 2014 11:34 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Really I am getting Fed up with all the doom and Glumme laid down by those crying wolf in Spain.

Surely when you chose to live in another EU country. You sat down and thought it through.enlightened

Set a plan. Once the plan is set. You seek out good legal representation. A Good property agent that is going to sell you something that is real (Not a dream that is in a glossy brochure). A good bank that looks after your interests. Reliable builders and service providers that don't rip you off or let you down.

How many people believe their dream is alive today, that made the move all them Happy years ago

Part of the plan is not to put all your assets on one basket.

How many are stuck in Spain with nowhere to return to in UK.

Family may Love you (FREE HOLIDAYS in the Sun) but they don't want you living with them.

The Plan I set out in 2001 is still holding

Learned a lot over the years

Happy in the Sun You bet I am. Happy with my life in UK. You bet I am.

Get real people enjoy what you have. Someday you may get what you don't want.

You can't take it with you.

Bring another Lotto win on>>>cool

Flack Jacket on.

Always remember to keep the Sun in Ya heart!yes

I think you need to lay off the smack, mate!

Like 0      
14 Mar 2014 11:39 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Poppyseed,  how do you know 'good' advice from bad ................   ???

As you say, it’s just about impossible in Spain, as often it is elsewhere too.

One believes they had a good representation when all went well without any hitches.  Well if all is OK then one does not need a representative.

John, I think she's agreeing with you.

I've read many of your previous posts and I find it strange that you are siding with a clearly insane person and trying to argue with Poppy. What's happened to you, man? My world is falling apart with every word i read in this thread.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2014 11:43 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

I listened to a good friend all those years ago. He owned a multi million pound property in La Manga Club. He referred all his Trusted contacts to me. I am still with them today 13 years on.

How do you know 'good' advice from bad in a foreign country and an unfamiliar system????

Suppose really you will never get a true answer to that one.

You have to enjoy what you have. Have good friends that have lived with the system that is unfamiliar. Learn the language.

If I do not understand something. I am lucky enough to live next-door to a trusted and respected English-speaking Spanish Solicitor.

I understand as much as I need too.

My only worry is if anything happens to me. Who will pick up the pieces, as I have looked after my Spanish admin from the start?

I have told the wife The Solicitor has POA leave it all for him to sort.

Our Property and assets in Spain were never meant to be Profit Generating.

Well, let's hope she finds a 'good' relaible solicitor then, hey?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Habitation Certificate - 13 posts
Residency requirements in Spain - 15 posts
Regular IBI Bills? - 5 posts
Astra 28 degrees frequency updates - changes to ITV 4+1 - 0 posts
Car dealers - 4 posts
IHT does this work - 3 posts
Taxi's - 0 posts
EHIC Rights- Useful information for family members coming to visit - 0 posts
Questionnaire - 0 posts
If I knew then what I know now! - 26 posts
TV and Internet costs - 1 posts
What happens if I don't use a flight? - 12 posts
EU Bankers Bonus Capped - UK? - 5 posts
THE CLUBHOUSE IN MANILVA - 1 posts
advice on buying a garage - 3 posts
Statute of limitations - 1 posts
CAR TAX - 15 posts
motorhome insurance - 0 posts
Of course we MUST stay in the EU - 0 posts
green residency certificate? - 4 posts
Writer Seeks Accommodation in return for Work - 0 posts
WHAT HAPPENED? - 9 posts
Only in Spain - 1 posts
Clausula Suelo - 2 posts
Modelo 210 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x