filmon

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2014 1:44 AM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi, I have borrowed from the uk an MX android box; onto which is loaded "Filmon". The picture quality is not terribly good but its free

so cant grumble. Has anyone subscribed to their HD and noticed an improvement in picture quality.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2014 11:24 AM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I dont know if that would help but if i was you i would try loading up xbmc and xbmc hub - this would give you all sort of chanels - in the uk the quality is good but it may depend on your internet connection which is generally poorer in Spain.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2014 1:49 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Nigela, thanks for that. Having checked the menu on the box it would appear that xbmc is already loaded. From what you say the poor picture quality could be down to telefonicas slow internet speed.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2014 9:20 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I would try running xbmc going into video add ons and run ice films . Go into movies and check the quality - you should have hd and dvd sources to choose from. The hd will be better quality but you will probably get a lot of freezing on these. If you check several different movies you should get an idea of the quslity you can obtain.

You may find when you go into xbmc first the add on take a while to update - if you keep getting messages about add ons being updated just leave the box to update for 15 minutes.

Once you have looked at ice films go into navi x and look atvwhat that offers and if you are into sports try out sportsdevil. Another good addon is 1 channel.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2014 8:55 AM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

From www.skyinmadrid.com

Updated Sunday, 16th March, 2014

MAR

INTERNET IN SPAIN NEAR TO COLLAPSE IN SOME EXPAT AREAS
Reports have been arriving of significant problems with internet speeds following Telfónica's relaunch of its Movistar Fusión product on 6th. March. Fusión packages include mobile, fixed line rental, ADSL or fibre internet and television services over the internet, including Canal+ channels.
Telefónica was reported as being close to acquiring a controlling stake in loss-making Canal+, but decided to remain a minority shareholder. There had been calls for the purchase to be investigated by the European Commission.
Canal+ losses have increased in the past year to EUR 648.7 million.
In the cities, Movistar has a fast fibre optic network, but in other areas relies on regular copper wires. Increased demand for internet TV following the BBC switch, combined with extra numbers of Fusión subscribers has led to near-collapse of internet speeds in large urbanisations and rural populations, which rely on ageing copper ADSL infrastructure.
It's not just Telefónica's subscribers who have been suffering slower internet, companies which share the same trunk cables and cabinets, such as Orange, Telitec aand Jazztel have also been affected.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Zenia to Portaventura - 0 posts
Mal Prosser - 0 posts
Letter of ??? - 2 posts
Really I am getting Fed up - 8 posts
Habitation Certificate - 13 posts
Residency requirements in Spain - 15 posts
Regular IBI Bills? - 5 posts
Astra 28 degrees frequency updates - changes to ITV 4+1 - 0 posts
Car dealers - 4 posts
IHT does this work - 3 posts
Taxi's - 0 posts
EHIC Rights- Useful information for family members coming to visit - 0 posts
Questionnaire - 0 posts
If I knew then what I know now! - 26 posts
TV and Internet costs - 1 posts
What happens if I don't use a flight? - 12 posts
EU Bankers Bonus Capped - UK? - 5 posts
THE CLUBHOUSE IN MANILVA - 1 posts
advice on buying a garage - 3 posts
Statute of limitations - 1 posts
CAR TAX - 15 posts
motorhome insurance - 0 posts
Of course we MUST stay in the EU - 0 posts
green residency certificate? - 4 posts
Writer Seeks Accommodation in return for Work - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x