NIE Certificate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Mar 2007 6:00 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 6:26 PM by tyrills Star rating in bootle,merseyside/po.... 73 posts Send private message

tyrills´s avatar

thank you janice

can i take the completed form to manchester myself

anytime from now , due to complete in  march/april  08

or does it need to be closer to completion

thanks  jeff 

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 6:42 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 8:21 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Hi,

We went to Manchester in January 2007 to obtain our NIE numbers and our solicitors received them on the 12th March 07.  The Spanish Consulate is open till 12.30pm.  They only take cash (£22 per person applying).  When we applied they informed us it would take 3 months.  You can download the application from the Spanish Consulate web site, however, it is is Spanish.  We were lucky, our solicitors sent us a translated version to make the process easier, ask yours to do the same.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 8:29 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Jeff being the star sign I am I am a firm believer in fail to prepare then prepare to fail. Applying via the consulate can be a bit hit or miss - there will be those that disagree with me who have had an excellent experience but as with most things in life there are always good and bad experiences. Have clients who applied via Manchester and LOndon where the application has disappeared into a big black hole - I would apply when it is convenient for you to do so but dont worry about leaving it until 2008 - get in there as soon as convenient - that way if the app does go awol you can apply again - ensure that you give explicit instruction where the certificate is to go.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 9:40 PM by Chrism1620 Star rating. 96 posts Send private message

Hi Jeansis

Printed out that form for NIE and it looks like boxes have been blacked out. Is it meant to be like that or have I done something wrong.

Sandra

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 11:27 AM by tyrills Star rating in bootle,merseyside/po.... 73 posts Send private message

tyrills´s avatar
thanks smiley, jeff

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 12:17 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 5:30 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Blimey, the plot thickens. I was talking to an angry Dutchman yesterday (resident 29 years) who said he had read in a Dutch magazine that not only is the residence card being scrapped in favour of a useless piece of paper, but that there are plans afoot to force all foreign nationals living in Spain to eventually become Spanish citizens i.e. to give up their own nationality and become Spanish, if they wish to live in Spain. Someone please tell me this man was very drunk or something...........

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 6:06 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 6:09 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Don't know, there's a few Dutch girls round here with their fingers in dikes though.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 6:26 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
05 May 2007 2:51 PM by roger48 Star rating in Salisbury Wiltshire .... 15 posts Send private message

thanks for link to idealspain.com re NIEs - very useful!

Roger (Salisbury UK)

Like 0      
09 May 2007 7:04 PM by snowqueen Star rating in Nottingham. 47 posts Send private message

Hi

Just been reading through this entire thread, it's been really useful but I do have some questions - sorry if I'm being thick:-

1) Did I read somewhere that it is possible to get the NIE form in English?

2) Also, is it possible to go to Alicante yourself and do this or do you have to have a solicitor present  with you?  I understand it's easier to have someone who speaks spanish with you but I was worried about the expense of paying a solicitor to do this?

3) We will be English residents living in the UK as as your apartment is still being developed (for what feels like the 100th year running - Amarion III in Almoradi.)  Do we put our Estate Agent's address (Palmera Properties) in the address of where the NIE is to go to.  In one place I read you could put estate agent/friend etc, but on those instructions on how to fill out the form (on the 'Moving to Spain website'), it says you can leave it blank (but then where would they send the NIE number).

Thanks for your help :)

Sarah

Like 0      
09 May 2007 7:20 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Hi Snowqueen,  our solicitor translated the form for us and we down loaded blank forms from the Spanish Consulate.  We drove to the Spanish Consulate in Manchester (there is one in London).  Paperwork explained what we needed to take with us, and we each had to pay in cash.  14 weeks or so later, our solicitor confirmed that she was in receipt of our numbers.  If you have a solicitor, ask them to translate the form for you and to explain how to complete it, it is easy when you have the translation.  Hope this helps.

Like 0      
09 May 2007 8:46 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
17 May 2007 8:20 AM by noelandwilma Star rating in Loughborough/Porto F.... 86 posts Send private message

Just a bit of advice. We live in North West Leicestershire and geographically Manchester is the closest Spanish Consulate. We filled out the form, as per the very useful info found on here, and drove to Manchester complete with copies of passports and two photo's each. The very nice chap at the Consulate looked at our application and said 'why have you come here, we do not cover your area, you need to go to London'
They have a line drawn on a map and every where in England south of the Notts/Derby/Staffs/Linc. borders should go to London.
I put on my very best pitiful face, gave a shrug and said 'you are the closest for us'
Anyway, the upshot was that he took pity on us and processed our application, phew!

The message is check where you need to go and try to ring beforehand to make sure a) you are going to the right place . b)you have the right documentation correctly filled in but not signed. and c) be nice to the people, a little Spanish also goes a long way.

Oh, nearly forgot, don't forget the £22 each in cash.

This message was last edited by noelandwilma on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 2:56 PM by sil Star rating in London. 14 posts Send private message

Have you received your NIE numbers yet? If so , how long did it take?

I applied through the Consulate in London on 24th April and they haven't come through yet!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 4:52 PM by noelandwilma Star rating in Loughborough/Porto F.... 86 posts Send private message

Hi sil,
no we haven't received them yet but we really don't expect to until about August. We were told they take about 3 months to come through and there is no way of rushing them. Mañana is the name of the game

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:37 PM by sil Star rating in London. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks, I think!!

Supposed to complete mid july. oh well, just have to delay completion!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

english reg car - 68 posts
How does a Community Work? - 177 posts
Motoring Organisations - 2 posts
Feliz Navidad - 2 posts
SuperiorworldWide ? - 1 posts
My pics - 2 posts
Is spain in france - 0 posts
INFO PLEASE - 0 posts
medication - 27 posts
angela G - 4 posts
Disablility in Torrevejeia - 0 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - 48 posts
Millennium Worldwide - 5 posts
EasyJet seats for summer 2007 are now being sold - 4 posts
WANTED TO RENT - 9 posts
Daily service from Gibraltar to Madrid - 0 posts
new town plan - 2 posts
Independent - 23 posts
Driving Licences - 26 posts
Electricians - 1 posts
Transporting goods to Spain - 13 posts
Skiing in Sierra Nevada - 13 posts
Electricity & Water Charges - 46 posts
Mirador Linked Villas - Fuente de Piedra - 2 posts
Buying and running a car in Spain - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x