Transporting goods to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by misty Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

Anyone know the best and most cost effective way of transporting goods to the Blanca from Yorkshire I need to transport a Kitchen (3 meters work surface in total+ 8 wooden units)as to my shock my described luxury apartment hasn't got one

Like 0      
27 Nov 2006 12:14 PM by Helen D Star rating in York. 48 posts Send private message

Helen D´s avatar

Hi Misty

We used Bishops Move to take virtually the furniture for our whole house from North Yorkshire to southern Spain. Had no problems with them whatsoever.

www.bishopsmove.net

Like 0      
27 Nov 2006 12:54 PM by noelandwilma Star rating in Loughborough/Porto F.... 86 posts Send private message

David Dale transport of Harrogate moved my sister with no ill effects. Good luck with the move

Like 0      
20 Jan 2007 12:32 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 10:55 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all, we are using Parcels2go  for the first time ,as we speak. We have booked in a toolbox to be picked up from our house in Hull, Yorkshire tomorrow, then shipped over to our house in Playa Flamenca. We fly out on Monday so hopefully it will arrive a day or so after! We took out the Euro Parcel up to 25kg option. Its the exact size required with wheels and handle but we still have to parcel it up in paper! Would have thought it would have been easier for the parcel delivery man, to have the wheels and handle out for him to pull it along, but never mind. We are going to leave the handle out and just wrap it in tape.

Fair enough, the paper is to protect parcels etc, but this is a purpose built tool trolly! We thought we could have just stuck big labels on it and sent it on its journey!

The cost is £32 inc Vat. This is only for 25kg though misty dont know if they would get the kitchen over( If the apartment is ever ready eh???)

Will let you know if it arrives "safely" when we get back!

Cheers John and Trish

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 11:03 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 6:33 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi Janice, sorry only just come back on!  Yes , we used them after you posted their website thankyou. we didn't know about much at all, until we found EOS. You yourself have helped us out on lots of things and given us loads of information. The tool box is all wrapped and taped and ready for collection. I will be waiting for the ring on the doorbell from early morning! Bet we are his last pick up!!! Better not do any hoovering , I might not hear the bell,  then I'll be in trouble if I miss him!!

regards

John and Trish

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 6:37 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 9:37 AM by simonadv Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Misty,

Not all removals companies are the same, nor are all loads. I have at least two options for small loads to the Continent.

You can see one of them in the Discount Space listings in my Ebay shop, C-Squared Trucking UK, at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/c-squaredtrucking-UK where the cost for 5m3 is just £375 - a saving on the £750 minimum cost of door-to-door service of 50%!

Or, simply please call me, Simon Marshall, to discuss on 07940 023878/01702 334046.

Like 0      
07 May 2007 9:27 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all, just a follow on from our post about parcels2go. We have just arrived back home, stayed a few days longer than expected, couldn't drag ourselves away from the sun!

Well, DHL picked up the wrapped tool box on Friday  20th April at 11.30 in the morning. We flew out on Monday 23rd. We had tried tracking the parcel on the website, but had a problem with it ,it just kept saying no info available or something. We just left it and hoped for the best. Wednesday 25th at 9.am the parcel was delivered. The wrapping was torn off the bottom, but we just left it, as we had a meeting at the Notory!.....3 weeks later...(no sorry it just felt like it) Later when we arrived back from the Notory, we opened the parcel to find a huge hole in the top, the wrapping on top not even split!  It must have had something really heavy dropped on it as it was a proper ABS plastic tool box, which is strong stuff!!!! Anyway, we have not bothered to mention it to them as we can buy a new one in Spain for about 40 euro. It was really just a way to get the tools over.

We would probably use them again, but would mark everything FRAGILE! We didn't think of doing so, with a tool box. They do recomend wrapping things in bubble wrap, and I would recomend that too, about ten layers or so!!!

Anyway, just thought we would let you know, John and Trish

Like 0      
11 May 2007 9:49 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Anyone know of reliable courier for small removals to Costa Blanco from Fife? just talking about small items ie,TV,dvd,kitchen goods ,more electricals than anything really,would like to send more, but  cost dependant?

Like 0      
11 May 2007 10:07 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
11 May 2007 11:49 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Umm, oops sorry Janice, did try "search" but maybe using the wrong words? so that was what led me to another option?? well we are in the same area ha! ha!, so we'll come across each other one day ha! ha! so you Somerset? used to live in Torpoint? Son stayed!

Like 0      
04 Jun 2007 7:53 AM by cal1 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi ya

Try www.euromover.net   they were very helpful when we moved over they are a small family run business and they couldn't do enough tto help us.

give them an e-mail or call see if they can help you with your items.

all the best

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Skiing in Sierra Nevada - 13 posts
Electricity & Water Charges - 46 posts
Mirador Linked Villas - Fuente de Piedra - 2 posts
Buying and running a car in Spain - 21 posts
long term car rental - 3 posts
New Photos from Daniela - 0 posts
hotels that allow dogs - 3 posts
Want to get online? - 13 posts
Friendly Forum - La Maina Urb & Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Choose your removal company wisely - 4 posts
Entertainment - 1 posts
Wood burning stove ,costa del sol - 6 posts
Completion Of Bosque de las Lomas 3 - 2 posts
Best mortgage deal ? - 45 posts
CONGRATULATIONS EYE ON SPAIN - 11 posts
Golf Invest - 3 posts
sierra nevada skiing - 1 posts
mabella property demolition - 2 posts
Community Pools - 10 posts
Well ! It's September - 6 posts
So how many of you are learning to speak Spanish? - 72 posts
Undeclared land - 5 posts
Christmas Lunch - Murcia area - 0 posts
Christmas Dinner Costa del Sol? - 3 posts
Resort Membership - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x