Independent

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Maybe the only important thing to check out when choosing a spanish lawyer is independence from developers and agents together with his/her ability to litigate as there are many good conveyancers that knows few or nothing on litigation. SO the best choice is one who cqan also deffend your position if problems arise.

Maria Luisa de Castro
Costaluzlawyers
www.costaluzlawyers.es

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Nov 2006 7:28 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Maria

Good to see you here.  I'm sure your contributions will be greatly welcome.

Regards

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Dec 2006 7:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Thanks Justin. A pleasure!!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Dec 2006 11:34 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

"together with his/her ability to litigate as there are many good conveyancers that knows few or nothing on litigation"

But HOW, please, are we expected to know the good from the bad ? (Apart from word of mouth)

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 1:24 PM by taffyboyo Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Good thread

I am perchasing a property with Atlas and they have offerd me a lawyer what should i do as they are a good company to deal with.

Should i or not? please help

Terry

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 1:54 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Find your own Lawyer.

Read all the posts on this site to find out why.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 6:36 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

You heard, Taffy

Don't go down THAT road !

(You pm'd me & I asked you if you were buying in Torrevieja area as I have a solicitor in the town & although Spanish, she speaks perfect English.)

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 7:55 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi Taffyboyo

Iam am also buying with Atlas and have got my own lawyer DO NOT TAKE THEIRS. They told me that I wouldn't be able to get a bank guarantee because of the low deposits I am paying....as I said RUBBISH.

Get your own lawyer

Which property are you buying???

I have just paid my reservation fee at the beginning November and my first deposit is on it's way today.

Sharon

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 2:35 PM by taffyboyo Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Thanks Everyone

Sharon I am buying a LA PERLA on the LO MARABU Development should be Paying my 30% Dep this week but Atlas are not replying to my phone calls , Did you have your Lawyer before you payed any Dep ?

Thanks

Terry

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 2:41 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi Terry,

Yes,we had spoken to a lawyer as we were going out to Almoradi to view and had previously been dealing with the builder direct, and we were told if we decided to buy he would pass us onto the appropriate lawyer in our area (they have quite a few firms all over the Costal Blanca as well as other countries), so we phoned him immediately upon coming home and told him we were going ahead.

Don't know what area you're in, where is it near to ie Alicante area, Murcia????

Sharon

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 2:52 PM by taffyboyo Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi Sharon

we are in the Alicante area near Guadamar

would love to keep intouch with you guy's nice to have a friend on hear.

terry@drew2232.freeserve.co.uk

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 4:30 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi Terry,

We're about 10minutes inland from Guardamar beach in a taxi, or we will be when the property is built.  It won't be ready until January, 2008

Would love to keep in touch

I am 42 so is my husband David and we have 2 kids, a boy Lee aged 10 and a girl Abby aged 5.

If you're thinking about using a different lawyer to Atlas's I can certainly give you our lawyers details, we're happy so far, but obviously everyone will not have the same experience with the same people, but let me know.

Sharon

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 4:40 PM by taffyboyo Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Sharon

Thanks V.Much I am 42 and have two sons 24 and 19 we are relocating to spain ( Hope things go well ) I think they should, could you please use my email address and we can tell each other how things work out on both our Propertys.I think we might be in and around the same area I am almost in Quasada 5 min walk.

Regards

Terry

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 4:42 PM by taffyboyo Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Did i say 42? LOL sorry 49

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 4:45 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Terry,

Will use your e-mail

Sharon

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 5:23 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Nice one Terry - you Welsh fellas are all the same trying it on saying you are younger than you are! Mind you I am 49 too and when I turned 40 I started saying things like age is a state of mind although one cant do anything about date of birth.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 5:55 PM by taffyboyo Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley

Great place to get info we all need as much help as we can when purchasing in Spain. Any Infomation will be Very Welcome

Regards

Terry

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 9:51 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Terry,

You mailed me asking if I thought you should use the Atlas recommended lawyer & I advised you not to, as have others.

I asked if you were in the Torrevieja area as we use a lady solicitor now who speaks excellent English & she's in the centre of Torrevieja. I offered to give you her details but you have not replied !

I see from here you are buying in the Quesada area (WE are at El Raso) so wonder why no reply from you. We are all here to help each other, please realise that.

You asked for help !

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 1:08 AM by taffyboyo Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi Jeansis

Sorry thought i sent you an email my mistake, I would be very greatfull if you could send me details of your Lawyer and i can then contact her .

Regards

Terry

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 11:46 AM by josephotoole Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi

I am getting quite worried now about my solicitor. I used the one through my agent. I have only paid 15% deposit at this point, however property is due for completion in Feb 07. Is it possible for me to change solicitor at this point.

Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving Licences - 26 posts
Electricians - 1 posts
Transporting goods to Spain - 13 posts
Skiing in Sierra Nevada - 13 posts
Electricity & Water Charges - 46 posts
Mirador Linked Villas - Fuente de Piedra - 2 posts
Buying and running a car in Spain - 21 posts
long term car rental - 3 posts
New Photos from Daniela - 0 posts
hotels that allow dogs - 3 posts
Want to get online? - 13 posts
Friendly Forum - La Maina Urb & Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Choose your removal company wisely - 4 posts
Entertainment - 1 posts
Wood burning stove ,costa del sol - 6 posts
Completion Of Bosque de las Lomas 3 - 2 posts
Best mortgage deal ? - 45 posts
CONGRATULATIONS EYE ON SPAIN - 11 posts
Golf Invest - 3 posts
sierra nevada skiing - 1 posts
mabella property demolition - 2 posts
Community Pools - 10 posts
Well ! It's September - 6 posts
So how many of you are learning to speak Spanish? - 72 posts
Undeclared land - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x