Are all the Banka Banks in Southern Spain Closing?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2013 9:40 AM by robinsp Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

We have had a letter from Bankia today advising us that our Branch in La Cala is closing.  As we have a mortgage with them as well as our bank account and we live in England we will find it difficult to converse with them and are worried.  Does anyone know if the Marbella or Feungirola branches will stay open?

Like 0      
17 Sep 2013 10:55 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Robin

Have not heard about these towns yet.

See articles below for other information.

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31650

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/22503/bankias-menorca-customers-will-have-to-sail-to-mallorca-to-visit-their-local-branch

It is frightening what is happening to Customers ,if you bank with Bankia.

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
17 Sep 2013 11:39 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - they have closed most of their branches in Torrevieja and Orihuela Costa as well.  During the summer I had to queue for 45 minutes to pay in money to my account!  They have closed at least 5 local branches, that I know of, but there were no extra staff in the only one left in Orihuela Costa.

Again, if I didn´t have my mortgage there, I would close my account immediately.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2013 1:30 PM by bluenude Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I know fuengirola and benalmadena are closing as I received a notification letter this morning. I have a business account,personal account and a mortgage with them. I am not looking forward to the fun and games in trying to change banks.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2013 1:48 PM by glenn&kerry Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi

Our account is at the Marbella branch and that is also closing, I was hoping to transfer to la Cala but obviously can't do that!! What is most annoying is that I was only at the la Cala branch on Friday to change my address and pay taxes and they never said a thing! We returned home last night with the letter asking us to visit the branch. Does anybody know when they are closing as I have tried to call but have had no luck. I was hoping they would just transfer our account to the nearest branch along with our direct debits for water, electricity etc....... Any ideas??

Like 0      
17 Sep 2013 2:10 PM by robinsp Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Bankia Helpline have just returned our call to say that all the Branches in Southern Spain are definitely closing with the exception of the branch in Malaga!!

Like 0      
08 Nov 2013 11:32 AM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Bankia fuengirola branch is closing down.My accounts and mortage are with this branch.

they are not answing the phone or reply to e-mail.As j live in Cape town, South Africa, it is not an option to visit the branch.Has anybody been in the same situation?.Any contact phone numbers or e-mail will be welcome.

Many thanks.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2013 12:55 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Be warned the banking system is only for them, not customers, it's possible your banks would do the same as what all these free finance for one year car deals do, and the same if you work in a bank and have accounts, mortgage etc with the branch, and then quit, they can just place your mortgage with a bank for the time being with extra high rates until such time you sort it out, the best answer from them might be...."We did tell you in good time, so it's up to you to do something sooner then later."

If you cannot make contact with your bank that has advised you they are closing, aren't alarm bells ringing yet? if you did nothing, and do nothing, where do you think they will put your mortgage and accounts?......To the best bank around....With the lowest rates going....If so best take a net with you also....... to catch that cheap bacon flying around.

Not saying this is what will happen...........But it has happened in the past for many.

Like 1      
08 Nov 2013 1:03 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Viva - on the online banking system for Bankia there is a contact page.  I recently complained about them closing most of our local branches and I did get a reply - not a great one, but a reply nevertheless!

Try asking them what happens to your account through this contact page.  I would imagine they will transfer everything to the nearest branch which is staying open, though there don´t seem to be many of them left!

Good luck!

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The simple solution to the Bank Guarantee Abuse - 21 posts
About a roof: to pitch or not to pitch - 9 posts
changing car ownership - 0 posts
Wanted Spanish property P/X - 0 posts
Astra 2E launch delayed....again... - 1 posts
Returning Resident Cert - 3 posts
Tribal Price Lists - 10 posts
Recession or Incompetence - 0 posts
online shopping - 0 posts
S1 Early Retiree - loophole maybe - 5 posts
RENEWING PADRON - 6 posts
Quimbombo - 11 posts
EOS SITE UPDATES - 5 posts
Long term apartment rental Rojales - 0 posts
Changing Endesa Direct Debit Details - 6 posts
very confused about future tv - 5 posts
A relaxing cup of café con leche! - Olympic Spanglish - 2 posts
Glass curtain enclosures - Vera area - 2 posts
Buying prescription Glasses online - 7 posts
Angela Merkel: saviour or tormentor? Spain wants her out... - 0 posts
UN happiness survey published - Spain is pretty unhappy - 1 posts
Electronic Cigarettes Airline Sales.. should it be allowed ? - 3 posts
UK vet prescriptions - 4 posts
Spanish Property Rental .. what success level (Good or bad) with your property. - 1 posts
Pheromone traps for Red Weedvil beetles - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x