Buying prescription Glasses online

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2013 2:00 PM by TimWigan Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Went for an eye test on Saturday and got the exspected news that theres been a deteriation in the last couple of years ( comes to us all peeps! :() and was recomended varifocal lenses.
High street prices are over double the online prices but I`ve never ordered glasses online.
Any exspieriances/ advice/ recomended sites like specsavers, glassesdirect, perfectglasses uk?

Like 0      
11 Sep 2013 2:16 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have a fairly difficult perscription and saved a fortune by ordering from glasses2you online, at least half on the Specsavers prices

Priced up online, I then selected the frames and they then send them to me to try and then I had to measure the height of the eyes and take a photo to them which all worked OK

They then shipped the completed order and they were great and they let me keep the other frames which I used recenty when I broke the arm of the frame

Like 0      
11 Sep 2013 2:22 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

You don't have to get varifocals if you don't want to. Try selectspecs.com. Brilliant for designer makes too. Bit slow delivery for mine but otherwise perfect.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2013 3:21 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I used direct sight - found them to be very reasonable and the quality was excellent.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2013 4:33 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

If you visiting or are based in UK try ASDA opticians. They have fixed prices and are much cheaper than normal opticians. We have used them for last five years and very satisfied. My varifocals with transition lenses  were    £150 ish rather than £400+ frames I was quoted quoted by a High Street optician

Like 0      
12 Sep 2013 7:57 AM by TimWigan Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

For the first time i have ordered glasses online, its good and easy.  I ordered these police glasses with 25% off from Perfectglasses UK 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2013 3:08 AM by Bluesky1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I regularly buy contact lenses online, and it works absolutely fine.

You need of course to have your eyesight properly checked first, but as soon as you have the right prescription, you can start ordering your glasses/ contact lenses online, for a much cheaper price!!!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2013 9:43 AM by morlandg Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi Bluesky1 - where do you buy your contact lenses?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Angela Merkel: saviour or tormentor? Spain wants her out... - 0 posts
UN happiness survey published - Spain is pretty unhappy - 1 posts
Electronic Cigarettes Airline Sales.. should it be allowed ? - 3 posts
UK vet prescriptions - 4 posts
Spanish Property Rental .. what success level (Good or bad) with your property. - 1 posts
Pheromone traps for Red Weedvil beetles - 4 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers' Client is offering... - 3 posts
Those Who Live in Glass Houses...... - 37 posts
Resident or not - 4 posts
Gateway To India - Roldan, Murcia - 0 posts
Pension Parity Makes Economic Sense - 1 posts
Any computer boffs out there? - 3 posts
Will the Internet ever get full - 2 posts
pool and gardener wanted. - 0 posts
Peter - 3 posts
CFPB concerned about reverse mortgag-es - 0 posts
best place to buy beach chairs and parasol in or near Los Alcazares - 0 posts
spanish postal service - 1 posts
Part time kitchen helper required - 0 posts
Waitress required. English as a first language. Fuengirola area - 0 posts
Spanish digital tv - 4 posts
gestor help - 3 posts
Tours - 5 posts
spainish sip card - 7 posts
Registering for healthcare - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x