S1 Early Retiree - loophole maybe

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Sep 2013 7:59 PM by fyfin Star rating in Turre Almeria. 54 posts Send private message

fyfin´s avatar

I've just had a brainwave regarding S1 forms and entitlement. I was an early retiree (60) and had no problems getting my S1 forms from Newcastle albeit I didn't move to Spain right away so they are only valid until Jan 2014.

However, as I was born in July 1951 I am entitled to various benefits (due to equality I guess) exactly the same as a woman of the same age e.g. Winter Fuel Payment, concessionary bus travel (if I was living in UK of course) SO - a woman of the same age would be entitled to an S1 form with no expiry date so why shouldn't I be??

Could be a good one to have a go at the burocrats with and I will pen an email to see what response I get.

I suspect the let out will be that I am not in receipt of a pension but then why Winter Fuel payment!!

Worth a try?

Like 2      
14 Sep 2013 9:09 AM by wencra Star rating in mollina - malaga. 66 posts Send private message

wencra´s avatar

fyfin

how long after you got your S1 dd you move to spain? and werethere any problems in the uk or in spain when you went to register at the health centre

thanks

Like 0      
17 Sep 2013 12:40 PM by fyfin Star rating in Turre Almeria. 54 posts Send private message

fyfin´s avatar

Well I got my reply and it was as expected but some useful info nevertheless -

Thank you for your email.

With regard to your query, during the interim period between your S1 expiring and becoming a state pensioner it appears as though you will have to pay to access healthcare. At the moment the Spanish government is in the process of introducing a scheme (or Convenio Especial) where people can pay a monthly quota to access public healthcare. This cover would cover any pre-existing conditions. Unfortunately no details have been released on how to join this scheme at the moment. We do know that it will be managed by regional health authorities. I would recommend you to enquire at your local healthcare centre on joining this scheme closer to the time when your S1 will expire.

Regarding extending your S1/E106, this is not possible as far as I know. Please call the Overseas Healthcare Team if you feel you have not received the full extent of your entitlements. They can be reached on 00 44 191 218 1999.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 2:48 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Convenio Especial can be found here:

http://www.empleo.gob.es/es/Guia/texto/guia_14/contenidos/guia_14_32_2.htm

It is rather too long for me reproduce it here in Engluish, but those interested can go to:-

http://www.bing.com/translator/?mkt=es-us  and paste it in. 

The translation is 'reasonably' good.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 4:04 PM by fyfin Star rating in Turre Almeria. 54 posts Send private message

fyfin´s avatar

I'm not sure this is the convenio especial linked to ex pats Elaine but I will wait til closer to Jan 2014 and take advice I think.

Many thanks.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2013 10:54 AM by fyfin Star rating in Turre Almeria. 54 posts Send private message

fyfin´s avatar

I still haven't registered at the Health Centre and I hope to do that next week. I'm getting some help from an interpreter who I know as I think without a tarjeta sanitaria they might be confused. I can't get one of those until I am a UK state pensioner so all I have is my S1 form which was stamped and registered at the INSS office in Huercal Overa but expires in Jan 2014. I got the S1 forms just before leaving UK permanently (the easiest part of the whole operation).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RENEWING PADRON - 6 posts
Quimbombo - 11 posts
EOS SITE UPDATES - 5 posts
Long term apartment rental Rojales - 0 posts
Changing Endesa Direct Debit Details - 6 posts
very confused about future tv - 5 posts
A relaxing cup of café con leche! - Olympic Spanglish - 2 posts
Glass curtain enclosures - Vera area - 2 posts
Buying prescription Glasses online - 7 posts
Angela Merkel: saviour or tormentor? Spain wants her out... - 0 posts
UN happiness survey published - Spain is pretty unhappy - 1 posts
Electronic Cigarettes Airline Sales.. should it be allowed ? - 3 posts
UK vet prescriptions - 4 posts
Spanish Property Rental .. what success level (Good or bad) with your property. - 1 posts
Pheromone traps for Red Weedvil beetles - 4 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers' Client is offering... - 3 posts
Those Who Live in Glass Houses...... - 37 posts
Resident or not - 4 posts
Gateway To India - Roldan, Murcia - 0 posts
Pension Parity Makes Economic Sense - 1 posts
Any computer boffs out there? - 3 posts
Will the Internet ever get full - 2 posts
pool and gardener wanted. - 0 posts
Peter - 3 posts
CFPB concerned about reverse mortgag-es - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x