Those Who Live in Glass Houses......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Sep 2013 7:02 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

baz1946

I completely agree snitching is not my way and like the post says 'People who live in glass house's'.

however would you snitch on a more "serious crime" if you knew people who were doing serious crime like child abuse  - head on may not be the best way

Like 2      
13 Sep 2013 10:19 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

baz1946

I completely agree snitching is not my way and like the post says 'People who live in glass house's'.

however would you snitch on a more "serious crime" if you knew people who were doing serious crime like child abuse  - head on may not be the best way

Child abuse yes...Everytime, that is the one thing that I detest, always has been,  and detest is not the strongest word that I can describe it by, that everytime falls into a whole different area of crime, along with the rape of girls and women.......

But and it's a big BUT, for my part I would have to be 100% certain because to accuse wrongly could ruin an innocent persons life for ever yet to leave it to late could also ruin the victims life, also for ever.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2013 9:55 AM by Bazil Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

The time to "snitch"

If another persons Life or welbeing in a physical or mental way is interfered with or abused. This is not humanitarian  behaviour and should be snitched, reported or interfered with if at all possible.

The child abuse or rape mentioned is of course high on the list but if you feel a person is acting in a manner that will have a long standing detremental effect on another, either physical or mental, then it is your duty as a human being do your best to stop it.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2013 10:35 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

At on end of the scale we have child abuse at the other benefit fraud and tax dodging

What about things in the "middle" such as shoplifing, drink driving, fiddling expenses etc how do you decide when to snitch,

It is a tough one as no matter how serious or not someone suffers and has to pay be it an indivual or a collective such as govt or a business which ultimatley pases down to the tax payer and / or consumer

Like 0      
14 Sep 2013 10:36 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

You know what sooner or later someone on this forum is going to read another posters posts correctly and get to understand the post and whats written.

NO     I don't not think everyone on benefits are cheats and I didn't even mention anything like that.

Haha, that's priceless!

Like 0      
14 Sep 2013 10:43 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Everyone dodges taxes'...And I mean everyone, somehow, at sometime, everyone has not paid the full correct amount of tax, even if its down to doing a small job cash in hand, or buying something with no receipt,  Doctors / Lawyers / Politicians, you name it they all do it, just the same as everybody else does, and has done past or present.

Like it or not if you pay the correct amount of tax and your in business, in the early days you will fail sooner or later, if you fiddle some tax and it keeps your business afloat, and people in work, then do it.

Cheating the benefit system is another story and it's a whole lot bigger then anyone really knows about, and wont / cant ever be stopped.

That's pretty outrageous Baz. I know for a fact that I haven't dodged any taxes and I'd bet my house on it that many of my friends and colleagues haven't either. We're not all as unscrupulous as you (you DID admit it, btw, so don't start denying it now).

You got some funny morals going on Baz.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2013 12:11 PM by Bazil Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I think a reality check is required on here.

Firstly please dont confuse me "Bazil" with baz1946

Socondly tax dodging well bet you have, why waste it.

As for betting your house on others not dodging tax, well, you just lost it.

This is not meant to offend just to be realistic.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2013 1:11 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

That's pretty outrageous Baz. I know for a fact that I haven't dodged any taxes and I'd bet my house on it that many of my friends and colleagues haven't either. We're not all as unscrupulous as you (you DID admit it, btw, so don't start denying it now).

You don't even know the meaning of being unscrupulous so to bander it about in this post its best you don't start to use words you have no understanding of.

So you never missed a month not paying your road tax then?  Back when it was so easy to dodge a month or two....You never "Borrowed" anything from your work place then? Lets not forget that someone bought that "Borrowed" item and paid tax on it....What are you, a Vicar?...You never did any work / favours or jobs in return for a gift, rather then a cash payment? Not forgetting in the UK the tax law still exists for declaring goods received in Lou of any payments have to be declared.

I just wish I could honestly say 1000% I was as squeaky clean and straight cut as you are, but I cant.

Morals I have a plenty of...Like one of them is... I wont snitch on someone...Which is what this post is all about.

And as for your other post about me asking does anyone read other posters comments correctly on here,  and it being priceless, you wont understand why but you have just proved my point once again.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2013 12:55 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

I think a reality check is required on here.

Firstly please dont confuse me "Bazil" with baz1946

How could I...?

Socondly tax dodging well bet you have, why waste it.

Oh. Hi Baz.

As for betting your house on others not dodging tax, well, you just lost it.

Prove it, don't just project your own image onto all others in here, and I'll give you it.

This is not meant to offend just to be realistic.

Baz(il) is a very English name for someone who's first language isn't English. What is your first language?

Like 0      
15 Sep 2013 1:08 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

You don't even know the meaning of being unscrupulous so to bander it about in this post its best you don't start to use words you have no understanding of.

So you never missed a month not paying your road tax then?  Back when it was so easy to dodge a month or two....You never "Borrowed" anything from your work place then? Lets not forget that someone bought that "Borrowed" item and paid tax on it....What are you, a Vicar?...You never did any work / favours or jobs in return for a gift, rather then a cash payment? Not forgetting in the UK the tax law still exists for declaring goods received in Lou of any payments have to be declared.

I just wish I could honestly say 1000% I was as squeaky clean and straight cut as you are, but I cant.

Morals I have a plenty of...Like one of them is... I wont snitch on someone...Which is what this post is all about.

And as for your other post about me asking does anyone read other posters comments correctly on here,  and it being priceless, you wont understand why but you have just proved my point once again.

Aah, that explains it, you're French. At least i think bander is a French word.

No, I never dodged my car tax for 'a month or two'. I told you, i'm honest.

No, I never 'borrowed anything from work' (wtf? lol).

And, no, I'm not a Vicar. And i'm also not a tax thief like you admitted to in your earlier post.

Btw, is it not against the forum rules to have an Alt. account, specifically to antagonise the thread?

Like 0      
15 Sep 2013 9:04 AM by Bazil Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I have been educated thanks. Did not know about the bazil bit, interested to see the evidence.

Truth: My first name is Brian - My family and friends cal me Bazil, dont know why - My first Language is English, born in Surrey - No I'm not completely honest where tax is concerned

Like 1      
15 Sep 2013 10:12 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I find it intersting that someone states that they  have moral's in not snitching - does that make them wrong. If you turn a blind eye then surely it is a bad moral and not a good one.

So which of the following would you snitch on

1. Assault

2. Shop lifting

3. Tax fraud

4. Benefit Fraud

5. House burglary

6. Drink Driver

7. Littering

8. Damage to a property

9. Grafitti

10. Speeding

11. Pick Pockets

12. Illegal taxis / businesses

13. Rape

14. Murder

15. Under age drinking

16. Serving alcohol to minors

17. Child abuse

18. Carrying weapons (guns, knives, etc.)

19. Drug dealers

20. Doing a runner from a bar or restauraunt

Even though I do not like snitching I think I would snitch on most of the above

Like 0      
15 Sep 2013 11:18 AM by Bazil Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

To Tad1966 Thats a good idea to number them. My selection from your list is as follows.

1,5,6,8,11,13,14,16,17,18 and 19.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2013 12:04 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

It's easy to make a list of things that you would report. The issue isn't always about what you would snitch on but who you would snitch on and what for. 

Knowing someone is doing wrong gives us all a moral dilema. I'd happily report anyone who I didn't know personally for littering or graffiti, but my next door neighbour, my friend, my brother? If I knew of someone comitting benefit fraud, I'd report them too but if it was a member of my own family or a close friend, I couldn't do it. I'd prefer to confront them about it directly and make it clear that they should stop. Would I just give my best friend a slap on the wrist for abusing a child? Not likely.

Getting back to the original post about throwing stones. Anyone who reports someone before stopping to think about what they are doing themselves deserves everything they get. So snitching isn't always a case of morals, it can be about not dropping yourself in it at the same time.

Like 3      
15 Sep 2013 6:27 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Please keep this civil and and stay on the topic without inciting other members.

Thank You

Like 2      
15 Sep 2013 8:53 PM by gill556 Star rating in orihuela. 69 posts Send private message

there is in my opinion a difference between somebody who is earning a small income and not declaring it therefore making life for his family a little better due to his own efforts compared to those that never work but claim benefits taken out of the money of people who do work and they never contribute anything to society.  I know they are both wrong in their own way but sometimes the workers just get fed up of being taken for a ride.

Like 2      
15 Sep 2013 9:07 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi fazarelli.

My forum name is baz1946,  the name baz has been my nickname for years, the numbers mean absolutely nothing, just something to register on the forum by,  I only have the one name on this forum, please explain why I would need two, or perhaps more, when I am more then capable in answering what I want to by using the one name. 

No, I am not french either,  bander is an English word maybe derived from words somewhere else as many often are and perhaps not heard much these days by people who don't get out much, from your point of view it must be very frustrating for you to keep getting your replies to posts wrong?

Also nothing at all to do with the person called Bazil,  he is his own man, as am I.

Its good to hear you have so many values and are totally honest and don't fiddle your tax and pay your just dues, that just makes it better for the many who do.

I have always been very wary of someone who believes they are so honest, dark secrets in wardrobes and all, most of the prisons are overflowing with innocent honest people as I expect hell is full of much the same as well. 

Like 0      
15 Sep 2013 9:25 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

With respect to Tadd1966 I don't see to much point of your list of what would you snitch on because the original post was about someone doing not to many of the things on your list.

My morals were tested well up, and above, to the limits some years back, with quite a few other people as well, what I would snitch on and what I wont snitch on I am at peace with.

It's no good saying if you don't snitch on a known crime your wrong because everyone has a different level of what they personally have to live with perhaps due to the outcome of snitching on someone or something you dont agree with.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Resident or not - 4 posts
Gateway To India - Roldan, Murcia - 0 posts
Pension Parity Makes Economic Sense - 1 posts
Any computer boffs out there? - 3 posts
Will the Internet ever get full - 2 posts
pool and gardener wanted. - 0 posts
Peter - 3 posts
CFPB concerned about reverse mortgag-es - 0 posts
best place to buy beach chairs and parasol in or near Los Alcazares - 0 posts
spanish postal service - 1 posts
Part time kitchen helper required - 0 posts
Waitress required. English as a first language. Fuengirola area - 0 posts
Spanish digital tv - 4 posts
gestor help - 3 posts
Tours - 5 posts
spainish sip card - 7 posts
Registering for healthcare - 3 posts
Spanish court suspends demolition of British couples home pending appeal to ECHR - 45 posts
Easyjet flights till 15/6/2014 are out this morning - 2 posts
Administration/Bankruptcy - 9 posts
Exchange Spanish car to a UK car - 1 posts
Are you going back to the UK? Wanting to? - 0 posts
When it comes to buying a property, whose side is the agent on? - 24 posts
Any Members of Eye on Spain who own/rent on Sol de Mar 1, Playa Flamenca? - 0 posts
bonjela - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x