Any computer boffs out there?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2013 5:36 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi guys,

My BIOS battery has gone down. My lap top is loosing settings, time and date etc. Also, every now and then I loose control of the mouse. The pointer flashes around the screen opening all sorts of boxes, programs etc. Is this the BIOS battery or is there another problem? I have run AVG and there does not seem to be a bug in here. Any thoughts?

Thanks, regards,

Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2013 8:42 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I Googled it for you :-  

Symptoms range from the innocuous (like the computer giving you a time that is consistently wrong) to the annoying (having to reinstall drivers for system components every time you restart the computer) to the frightening (your computer telling you it cannot start normally because system settings have changed). Although these problems can be caused by more than a dying CMOS battery, changing the battery or resetting the CMOS is always a good first step when troubleshooting. Another simple tip-off of a dying battery is low battery indicators within the BIOS start-up screen. Finally, your computer may produce error messages like "CMOS Read Error," "CMOS Checksum Error," or "CMOS Battery Failure" that provide the most obvious indication that something is awry.

If you Google :  "replacing CMOS battery"   you will find info how to do it. It is simple.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2013 10:02 AM by GerryFox Star rating in Nailsea or Los Cones.... 8 posts Send private message

Yes I agree - try to replace the battery as a first step - should be quite easy to do, small screw drivers & a bit a courage required. Should be fine if you like to take things to bits & fix them. It's kind of a hobby for me.

Regards ... Gerry

Like 0      
08 Sep 2013 11:20 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Thanks for that info.

I did Google it but could not see that it can cause the mouse to miss behave. My husband changed the battery yesterday and so far so good. Time will tell.

Thanks again,

Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Will the Internet ever get full - 2 posts
pool and gardener wanted. - 0 posts
Peter - 3 posts
CFPB concerned about reverse mortgag-es - 0 posts
best place to buy beach chairs and parasol in or near Los Alcazares - 0 posts
spanish postal service - 1 posts
Part time kitchen helper required - 0 posts
Waitress required. English as a first language. Fuengirola area - 0 posts
Spanish digital tv - 4 posts
gestor help - 3 posts
Tours - 5 posts
spainish sip card - 7 posts
Registering for healthcare - 3 posts
Spanish court suspends demolition of British couples home pending appeal to ECHR - 45 posts
Easyjet flights till 15/6/2014 are out this morning - 2 posts
Administration/Bankruptcy - 9 posts
Exchange Spanish car to a UK car - 1 posts
Are you going back to the UK? Wanting to? - 0 posts
When it comes to buying a property, whose side is the agent on? - 24 posts
Any Members of Eye on Spain who own/rent on Sol de Mar 1, Playa Flamenca? - 0 posts
bonjela - 7 posts
QUICK EASYJET QUESTION - 3 posts
NEW! Supreme Court and no mortgage in off plan businesses - 0 posts
Is it true? - 9 posts
new arrangements for prescriptions - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x