spainish sip card

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2013 2:40 PM by Jeweller Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Can anyone advise on what the sip card covers. We saw the doctor at local surgery this morning and was told that the card
Only covers treatment and presciptions but not specalist consultations etc.
We received the sip card in march this year after presenting the S1 form along with the Residencia and was only isued
With a six monthly card. Today got another six monthly card.
My question is are why are we not issued with permanant card and entitled to full medical care.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2013 3:01 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

More info needed:

Are you a state pensioner

Did you sign on the foreigners register(previously know as residency)

Like 0      
04 Sep 2013 5:26 PM by Jeweller Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

04 Sep 2013 8:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"My question is why are we not issued with permanant card and entitled to full medical care."

Good question, and the only answer I can think of is that Spain is breaking the law and getting away with it. You may need to go to your local INSS office to ask the question, or maybe get a gestor on the case for you, but this kind of story is becoming more and more common unfortunately.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Sep 2013 9:13 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I agree with Mary Roberto on this,  Don't ask us ask INSS or even the DWP overseas office Newcastle.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2013 9:24 AM by Jeweller Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thankyou.Will take it up with DWP

Like 0      
05 Sep 2013 7:23 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think the problem lies with Spain, not the UK (DWP).

To quote from the info on the S1 from the European Commission (Coordination of Social
Security Systems): "When you (and/or your family members) reside in a different country to the one you are insured in, you (and/or your family members) are entitled to all the benefits in kind (e.g. healthcare, medical treatment, hospitalisation) provided for under the legislation of your country of residence as if you were insured there. The institution in the country of residence is reimbursed by the institution with which you are insured."

In other words, once registered with the S1, Spain has to treat you as she treats her own. That's EU law. But then, there's almost certainly some law about parking on zebra crossings as well....

Good luck.

I agree with Mary Roberto on this laughlaughlaugh

(private joke!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Sep 2013 8:07 AM by Jeweller Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thankyou Roberto very useful information. My next port of call is to see my Lawyer and perhaps he will sort it out for us.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Registering for healthcare - 3 posts
Spanish court suspends demolition of British couples home pending appeal to ECHR - 45 posts
Easyjet flights till 15/6/2014 are out this morning - 2 posts
Administration/Bankruptcy - 9 posts
Exchange Spanish car to a UK car - 1 posts
Are you going back to the UK? Wanting to? - 0 posts
When it comes to buying a property, whose side is the agent on? - 24 posts
Any Members of Eye on Spain who own/rent on Sol de Mar 1, Playa Flamenca? - 0 posts
bonjela - 7 posts
QUICK EASYJET QUESTION - 3 posts
NEW! Supreme Court and no mortgage in off plan businesses - 0 posts
Is it true? - 9 posts
new arrangements for prescriptions - 18 posts
Part exchange car - 9 posts
Domestic recycling bin - 0 posts
Domestic recycling bins - 3 posts
Selling in Spain - 9 posts
Just living on my pension in Spain is no problem! - 1 posts
FLEECED LIKE SHEEP - 2 posts
Re-connection of water & electricity in Pego - 4 posts
HC Energia - Help! - 1 posts
Update: ITV's Tonight will fly British would-be property buyers out to Spain to view €600 plots - 13 posts
Suma tax - 3 posts
Introducing Alotofwind... - 6 posts
Legal tip 1016. Law on Foreign investments in Spain. Bit six - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x