FOOTBALL - La Liga - Bundesliga - Premier League ... Who Rules in European Football?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2013 10:20 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Few would argue that this year's last four - Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid - are not the continent's finest at the moment. But is the Bundesliga moving up to take the crown of elite football away from Spain. After the embarrassing performance of  Madrid and Barcelona the other day, both conceding 4 goals, is this the sign that German football is becoming more dominant  or was it just a bad day... personally I think it was just a bad day but some would say that the Bundesliga is gaining power within European football.. where does that leave the Premier? Is La Liga still the best football league in Europe? 

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
25 Apr 2013 10:26 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Real Madrid were awful, so I am clinging onto the idea that it was a bad day.    We could get 3 at the Bernabeu which would be enough if they fail to score.

No comment on Barca!!! 

Like 0      
25 Apr 2013 10:30 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

:)  I would love to see a Madrid-Barca final but somehow 5 goals is a bit far fetched even for Messi!! But then again who would have said that Barca would score 4 against Milan.. mind you Bayern is much stronger. I didn't see the Madrid Match.. working... but I heard they were awful.. 3 is a possibility at home if they wake up in time.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2013 5:48 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Messi is looking unlikely to olay, according to today's ES.

But those people saying Germany will win the World Cup are forgetting that most of the players in the two teams that thrashed the Spanish teams, are not German. Spain as a world cup team could still be up amongst the quarter-finalists at least.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
25 Apr 2013 5:58 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

There is still no other team out there that can rival Spain when they are on form

Like 0      
25 Apr 2013 7:08 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

German players for Bayern Munich on pitch on Tuesday x if also playing for National team

Lahm x

Schweinsteiger x

Boateng x

Mueller x

Neuer x

Gomez x

Kroos and Badstuber not available due to injury but also starters in National team.

German players for Dortmund on pitch on Wednesday

Guendogan x

Hummels x

Bender x

Reus x

Goetze x

Schmelzer x

Schieber sub

Grosskreutz sub

Weidenfeller

Kehl

Add Oezil and Kedhira to that.

14 players for the German national team played, 2 from Madrid. 2 are injured and therefore were not available

Like 0      
02 May 2013 8:52 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

After the embarrassing performance of  Madrid and Barcelona the other day, both conceding 4 goals, is this the sign that German football is becoming more dominant  or was it just a bad day...

I think that question has been answered now!

Ole?

Like 0      
02 May 2013 9:36 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Certainly proves that without Messi the Great Barcelona are............... well.......... not so great!!     

Wouldn't write of Madrid so quickly though - they very could have done it on Tuesday, and looked much better.

Like 0      
03 May 2013 12:06 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Well I wouldn't go that far...

Barcelona was effectively without :

Messi...Mascherano...Busquets....Xavi...Iniesta... and a whole lot of guts. They never believed they could win the match and played accordingly. It was rather embarrassing but I wouldn't go as far as to say that German football has surpassed Spanish. Barca and Madrid are still superior teams, but you can't win every single game. Barcelona is pretty close but even they get tired eventually..

no excuse though for not trying. At least Madrid fought to the end. Barca was just not on the pitch

Like 0      
03 May 2013 8:47 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Nah, that question has been settled now, well...til the next match at least!

Like 0      
03 May 2013 11:36 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

dont forget if it wasn't for a dodgy Turkish referee....Real wouldn't have made it past Man Utd!!!

Like 0      
04 May 2013 4:55 PM by trowell1 Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

Germany, 20 quid tickets

Like 0      
10 May 2013 7:52 AM by knittle Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Premier League-Manchester United

Like 0      
10 May 2013 9:17 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Premier League-Manchester United

Nothing is perfect!

Like 0      
23 May 2013 9:50 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Without a question of a doubt SPAIN. Yes Germany had a decent year but because the Spanish side weren't on form. In terms of quality football, Spain still rules and especially Barcelona. There is no team that even comes close. The past few years they have been untouchable and many players are still young. 

La Liga -- Barcelona FC

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
23 May 2013 10:50 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

7-0. I suppose one could call that not being in form.

Like 0      
23 May 2013 11:39 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Yes I suppose you could ... especially when you take into consideration that they have only lost 7 league matches in the past 4 seasons, run an average of 3,03 goals per match, the last time they lost both matches in a European competition (home and away) was 26 years ago. They haven't lost possession of the ball in over 300 consecutive matches. The only team ever to reach 5 consecutive semi finals in the Champions league, 29 consecutive matches scoring goals in the Chamions league.... and the list continues... So actually I would say they were rather lucky because the odds are if you play against Barcelona you will lose.

Like 0      
24 May 2013 7:00 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

They also played without at least 5 players that would normally be in the satrting line-up & threw on Messi , even though he was injured..

Having said that both German teams are exceptionally good this year  but Dortmund were fortunate to get through against Malaga.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
24 May 2013 7:45 AM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Yes absolutely. Don't get me wrong I consider both German teams to be very good sides but they were fortunate this year.

Like 0      
24 May 2013 11:06 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

I know. Everytime a german team achieves something they were fortunate. Heard it all before, no doubt will hear it again.

Malaga also had an offside goal so there is nothing to complain about. Madrid came within striking distance of making it, tough luck.. To little to late. Barelona is an aging team with no plan B and an overreliance on one player. Plus other teams outside of La Liga have found out how to play against passing your opponent into stupor.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for sale - practically unused! - 0 posts
Community Accounts? - 2 posts
Asset reporting - 23 posts
jetXTRA - NEW LOW COST airline to Alicante - They promise no hidden charges!! - 9 posts
alicante airport - 12 posts
Furniture storage - 4 posts
Moving to Spain, Need some advice!! - 37 posts
Condadorentals web page - 0 posts
wanted, good quality furniture and kitchen appliances - 3 posts
Phone Internet Shop Cabo Roig - 1 posts
Urgent CAR help! - 6 posts
Market at Hipodromo .. what a shambles - 4 posts
Trampolin Hills - 0 posts
static caravan - 5 posts
Selling my home bankers draft - 6 posts
AP7 TOLL FEES ESTEPONA-MALAGA AIRPORT - 5 posts
Mooving To spain - 45 posts
Mini One - 0 posts
Support a Spanish foundation crowdfunding project. - 0 posts
External wall insulation grants and loans - 0 posts
Painting Balustrades - 4 posts
Looking for replacement umbrella canopy Nr. Torrevieja - 0 posts
Horse riding - 3 posts
Is Corvera airport now dead in the water? - 10 posts
Retail Knowledge - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x