Community Accounts?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2013 10:10 AM by Feeg Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

I am  in m in the process of buying a flat in an Aparthotel in Estepona and am requesting a copy of the accounts, as obviously I need to make sure there are no financial shocks before putting down my hard earned money. The Spanish "Administration" say this information is confidential and only available to owners, but to my knowledge this is publically available "somewhere". Is the "Administrator" correct??

Like 0      
25 Apr 2013 11:12 AM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

Ask for the same of the seller, technically the Administrator is correct but I would always provide such information to a prospective buyer on our urbanisation were I asked.

The information is not available from any other source but the seller should be willing to provide it for you as the current owner.

Barry

Like 0      
25 Apr 2013 4:49 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

Yes the seller should be able to supply a copy of the accounts, which will have had to be produced prior to the last community meeting, though they could be out of date depending when the last meeting was held.  Depending on the arrangements agreed in that community, the seller may be able to ask the administrator for an updated copy.  You are however entitled to ask the community administrator for a certificate to show whether there are any community fees outstanding on the apartment you are buying, any debt is attached to the property so you could end up being liable for the previous owner's unpaid fees if you aren't careful. 

I would certainly want to see something to evidence that the community is viable - for example if it is fairly new, and the developer still owns properties, it would be no surprise to find that they are not paying their fees.  Also if there have been a number of properties repossessed by banks, they may also not be paying their fees.  We are having to take a bank to court because they have never paid a cent on several apartments repossessed or accepted as dación en pago.  And of course in the current climate there could be unpaid fees from owners who have fallen on hard times.  All of these things can place the community budget at great risk, as I know from personal experience.

Of course a good look around will tell you if everything looks in good order, and there seem to be sufficient maintenance/gardening staff employed but, again in the case of a new development, they could be 'employed' by the developer who is charging the community inflated invoices offset against unpaid fees...... so ask plenty of questions until you are satisfied!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Asset reporting - 23 posts
jetXTRA - NEW LOW COST airline to Alicante - They promise no hidden charges!! - 9 posts
alicante airport - 12 posts
Furniture storage - 4 posts
Moving to Spain, Need some advice!! - 37 posts
Condadorentals web page - 0 posts
wanted, good quality furniture and kitchen appliances - 3 posts
Phone Internet Shop Cabo Roig - 1 posts
Urgent CAR help! - 6 posts
Market at Hipodromo .. what a shambles - 4 posts
Trampolin Hills - 0 posts
static caravan - 5 posts
Selling my home bankers draft - 6 posts
AP7 TOLL FEES ESTEPONA-MALAGA AIRPORT - 5 posts
Mooving To spain - 45 posts
Mini One - 0 posts
Support a Spanish foundation crowdfunding project. - 0 posts
External wall insulation grants and loans - 0 posts
Painting Balustrades - 4 posts
Looking for replacement umbrella canopy Nr. Torrevieja - 0 posts
Horse riding - 3 posts
Is Corvera airport now dead in the water? - 10 posts
Retail Knowledge - 0 posts
Internet help please. - 0 posts
Illegal to rent out? - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x