Asset reporting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2013 8:06 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think you must be on a different thread to me.

Rolley started this thread by questioning why (and if in fact it was correct) that an individual's 720 should declare 100% of the funds in a joint account that is only 50% theirs.

Kathyslad responded to say this is correct

Baz joined in expressing similar puzzlement as to why joint assets should be reported this way, and what the tax implications could be.

Kathyslad explained that at this time the 720 declaration has no direct effect on one's tax situation.

I chipped in to try to help clarify it, but agreed that the information requested, and the way that it must be declared, is somewhat concerning to some of us.

Baz suggested that they wouldn't be asking for this info if they didn't have in mind some future use (implying a new form of taxation)

Kathyslad pointed out that it's useful already, for them to check that correct taxes are paid on income, capital gains and inheritance etc.

And then YOU offered some curious advice about leaving Spain just as you are about to breath your last (a time at which it's probably too late to make such a decision) in order to...what? Make sure that some other jurisdiction claims taxes upon your death rather than Spain? You suggest that the 720, by making all your worldwide assets known to Spain, means that you would have to pay death duty on those assets, clearly implying that without the presence of a similar form of reporting, either here or in another country, you would condone "hiding" those assets to avoid IHT. Strangely out-of-character advice from you. And I still can't make any connection to the comment about CGT on the sale of Spanish property, to the 720. It may not be factually incorrect, but as you yourself said, "Asset Declaration, at present, has nothing to do with what tax one pays". Surely that applies to CGT as much as any other tax, so where's the relevance? And anyway, the 720 is only about overseas assets, so has no relevance to CGT on Spanish property.

Sorry John, I just can't see what your comments have to do with the original question, or indeed the whole asset reporting topic at all. I'm obviously still missing something! 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 10:09 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Have you all seen this:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/interestinginfo/10089/SPAIN%E2%80%99S-CONTROVERSIAL-asset-declaration-law-and-its-%E2%80%9Cdiscrimination%E2%80%9D-against-expats.aspx

Like 0      
27 Apr 2013 7:28 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Don’t worry Robert, it is obviously not a potential problem for you.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2013 10:45 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Not worried, just puzzled. Shame you obviously can't explain yourself, because I was genuinely curious. Never mind.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

jetXTRA - NEW LOW COST airline to Alicante - They promise no hidden charges!! - 9 posts
alicante airport - 12 posts
Furniture storage - 4 posts
Moving to Spain, Need some advice!! - 37 posts
Condadorentals web page - 0 posts
wanted, good quality furniture and kitchen appliances - 3 posts
Phone Internet Shop Cabo Roig - 1 posts
Urgent CAR help! - 6 posts
Market at Hipodromo .. what a shambles - 4 posts
Trampolin Hills - 0 posts
static caravan - 5 posts
Selling my home bankers draft - 6 posts
AP7 TOLL FEES ESTEPONA-MALAGA AIRPORT - 5 posts
Mooving To spain - 45 posts
Mini One - 0 posts
Support a Spanish foundation crowdfunding project. - 0 posts
External wall insulation grants and loans - 0 posts
Painting Balustrades - 4 posts
Looking for replacement umbrella canopy Nr. Torrevieja - 0 posts
Horse riding - 3 posts
Is Corvera airport now dead in the water? - 10 posts
Retail Knowledge - 0 posts
Internet help please. - 0 posts
Illegal to rent out? - 26 posts
Can anyone recommend a good Gestor in Torrox Costa area ? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x