Expat Solutions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2013 1:12 PM by nicky71 Star rating in Orihuela/Sussex. 37 posts Send private message

nicky71´s avatar

Hi everyone!

Has anyone seen the www.expatsolutions.wordpress.com blog.

Not too much bickering going on there.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 2:58 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Great but the information in the new EPC still is not correct and misleading

All holiday homes do not require a Certificate and the price is way too high

Like the section on OMIC

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 3:27 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Obviously there is no bickering, as there is no discussion at all... it is a simple blog... there are no forums on the site from what I can see. 

Bickering or discussion is part and parcel of a forum, if everyone was of the same opinion it would get a bit boring wouldn't it and inevitably differences of opinion  make people see things from a different perspective which I think is positive.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 3:34 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I  accept that is a simple blog however if people are reading it for advice then the information should be correct, especially on EPC when there are so many organisations looking to cash in, and unfortunately it is not

A link has been created from this site

The following information is NOT correct

Who needs an EPC certificate?

All properties that are being sold or rented out (even holiday rentals).

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 4:22 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Nicky,
                                      as Inspector says it’s just the understanding of the writer/s and may not be correct. 

Often such info is wrong or misleading. 

As there apparently no facility to correct the errors,  it’s not a very good source of info. and is in fact an advertising medium.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 4:48 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Quite right, the info is no more reliable than any forum post ... unless a reliable expert on th subject posts it....

but is this going to be another EPC thread?

If you want to know the facts go to the BOE.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 5:02 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

There are a couple of very well known , and well recommended , publications which are full of errors.

(And as we know, one can ask 6 experts and get 7 different answers, all of which are probably  wrong).

Like 0      
29 Apr 2013 3:24 PM by Alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

Alan63´s avatar

Yeh, Ive viewed that Blog alot of times as well as lots of the other blogs, forums etc. I have been able to gleen alot of info on how to do it all myself. The bigest obsticle is the language barrier & so oftern Ive had to return home and get a translator to help me out.

Ive used the OMIC in Callosa with Patricks service and got a long standing problem with Vodafone sorted out.

I understand that the EPC will be needed for any official renting or selling.

Lots of other info on that blog & its worth taking a look.

Another intresting forum is the catral forum (hope im not breaking any rules here)

Like 0      
02 May 2013 10:24 AM by nicky71 Star rating in Orihuela/Sussex. 37 posts Send private message

nicky71´s avatar

I think if you click on each post on the expat solutions site there is room for comments.

I do enjoy the banter here, it seems as it is all done in good Spirit, Sorry about the term bickering. Is there a gerneral eyeonspain get-togeather.... Thats a idea, hey?

Like 0      
10 Jun 2013 3:24 PM by Alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

Alan63´s avatar

Ive just got my EPC certificate on one of my apartments, 140€ with civil responsibility certificate. Quite pleased with the service.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2013 7:42 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Good idea, Nicky!

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2013 12:28 PM by nicky71 Star rating in Orihuela/Sussex. 37 posts Send private message

nicky71´s avatar

Patrick did my certificate as well. it was 140€ for mine because I live in a low rise.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2013 9:10 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Guide on Energy Certificate

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 15/06/2013.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
16 Jun 2013 5:04 PM by Alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

Alan63´s avatar

Well.......... that was a good read.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2013 9:35 PM by nicky71 Star rating in Orihuela/Sussex. 37 posts Send private message

nicky71´s avatar

Ha!

Like 0      
18 Jun 2013 7:38 AM by remus98 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

140€!  Being quoted 300€ plus IVA in Moraira.  £33 in UK.

All the best,

Michael

Like 0      
18 Jun 2013 10:22 PM by andenca Star rating in London. 44 posts Send private message

Hi there,   I am not sure on to which thread I should put my question so here it goes:

I have bought a mobility scooter for my father who is in Spain and I am trying to send it to him. All the transport companies I have contacted are reluctant as it has a battery, although I told them it is a dry cell battery and the company has told me they are safe to go in any aircraft.

They are all very expensive and some will only offer insurance for "lost parcel" but no for "damaged parcel". I wander if you have experience of sending things to and from Spain and what you recommend.

Any advice will be very welcomed. Thanks

BW

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

retail shop rental for florist business. - 12 posts
Will a cheap airline fly to cordoba? - 2 posts
hello - 21 posts
uk / spain - 0 posts
3G in Spain - 2 posts
New and seeking guidance - 10 posts
Medical insurance - 11 posts
Need a recommendation for a good restaurant in Malaga old town. - 3 posts
Does this happen to others ???? - 1 posts
Where to buy sewing machines? - 4 posts
EGM's - 6 posts
What is going on with card sharing? - 0 posts
New photos loaded on Camposol Community Forum Page - 3 posts
Neighbour from hell - 13 posts
Insolvency - 6 posts
upto date advice if poss please - 1 posts
belgium/french pesion? - 0 posts
Newbee!!! - 0 posts
Help!!!! UK to SPAIN. ANYONE GOT SPACE IN A VAN/LORRY????? - 4 posts
Inland Sky TV Spain - 9 posts
HELP!!!! UK to SPAIN ANY SPACE IN A VAN???? - 0 posts
latest threads first, please! - 4 posts
NEWBEE - CASTELLO AIRPORT FLIGHT PATHS - 0 posts
INHERITANCE AND STEPCHILDREN IN SPAIN - 16 posts
HELP!!!! Uk to England, Any Space In A Van/Lorry - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x