rental agreement need advice???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Apr 2013 6:48 PM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Have started renting my Villa through rentalia and the people who want to a holiday rental  are asking me to send a copy of rental agreement with all my details and dates obviously  first before monies are recieved.  Is this normal?

They are Russian and say they need copy of agreement to get visa?? sounds dodgy

Thanks all

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 7:35 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Doesn't seem unreasonable to me, though I'm looking at it from their point of view. THEY don't want to send money until they've seen some paperwork that would indicate where their money is going and who they might have to chase if (as they may fear) something goes wrong at your end and they want a refund.

For example, I was trying to buy a hot-tub by mail-order, and the website didn't have a company address and their was only a mobile telephone number (and the person answering was clearly at home with his baby). So I asked for some paperwork showing the company address etc BEFORE I transferred loads of money to an unknown bank account. (The details never arrived so I bought from elsewhere). I can see why YOU don't want to supply a lot of personal info to a potential renter, and hopefully Eggcup will join this thread as she has the landlord's perspective, but from a punter's point of view I'm afraid I'm with the Russians.

By the way, my local restaurant-owner in Torre Del Mar is asking his camareros to learn Russian as he has identified they represent all the new money in town. Might be worth grabbing these - they'll tell their friends and you could be full for the next few years!

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 7:37 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Sorry, I meant to say as well that I think that might be right about the visa too. A friend needed some paperwork from their future landlord in order to get a visa for his non-EU wife.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 11:20 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Have started renting my Villa through rentalia and the people who want to a holiday rental are asking me to send a copy of rental agreement with all my details and dates obviously first before monies are recieved. Is this normal?

They are Russian and say they need copy of agreement to get visa?? sounds dodgy

Thanks all

The Russians make great house keepers........They kick you out and keep the house.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 05/04/2013.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 1:15 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Please do not duplicate threads. It just confuses members as to which one they should participate in. The other thread on this topic has been removed to avoid confusion.

Thank you

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Habitation certificate - 106 posts
About to get my account suspended so i will just leave - 1 posts
Having spanish empolyees based spain for a UK comapny - 3 posts
Alebs - 2 posts
CAM paying Eurohouse clients without a Bank Guarantee - 2 posts
Aifos showing Bank accounts - 28 posts
Rural Property Taxes - 0 posts
Sky UK to add subtitles to FTA channels - Sky News, Pick TV & Challenge. - 0 posts
Isobel - 2 posts
What social class are you? - 18 posts
New Double Taxation Agreement between Spain and UK - 65 posts
even more rentals will become illegal - 3 posts
Buyers Commission !! - 5 posts
Rossetti buy me some beer - 2 posts
I apologise for mistake with moderator - 3 posts
Drawing a line in the sand (again) - 2 posts
Hoping to move my family and I to Spain!! - 46 posts
Communication with clients by Costa Luz Lawyers - 9 posts
housing shortage in malaga - 0 posts
Squatting - 11 posts
ANYBODY NEED ANYTHING BRINGING FROM UK TO SPAIN AROUND MAY 20TH - CAN BRING DOGS IF NEEDED - 0 posts
Building Costs Spain - 2 posts
Embargo on our house info please - 11 posts
European Ombudsman seminar "It's our Europe: Let's get active!" April 23rd 2013 - 3 posts
Crossing a line in the sand - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x