Communication with clients by Costa Luz Lawyers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Apr 2013 9:35 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

As some of you know want to know, please let me explain how our copmmunication system works, and it works quite well for the vast majority of our clients.

We send quarterly updates to all clients, after which, they can come back to us with all related questions.

Together with that, we send communciations for relevant events and of course allow email questions after this.

Good developments are about to be placed for all clients as clients care and communcation systems is an important part of our effort as a company. It is not easy to manage the amount of information that a client can obtain benefit from, specially when dealing when long Court cases, but we are doing a  great job so far and are fully open to constant improvement and correction. That is on the essence of our work.

Becuase of this, we truly welcome any positive suggestion for a better relationship with clients. Please note that we do not aim to please every wish as that is impossible and non realistic.

Anyhow and mainly: we are open to imnprovements: please say your constructive word here.

Maria

Ps.- By the way: any possible claim in relation to our services can be sent to Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Cádiz., using this link. Our registration number there is 2745.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 03/04/2013.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 9:19 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi Maria,

My suggestion for improvement would be to include as much detail as possible in the quarterly communications, some of the ones we receive have limited detail which then prompts the additional email questions and, on your part, the additional time and effort to answer.

I assume that some of this is as a result of the language difference (I wish I could speak/write Spanish as well as you do English).

e.g. below is an extract from the update I received on the 20/12/2012

UPDATE FOR YOUR CASE - 20/12/2012

APPEAL FILING AND ADMISSION

- APPEAL FILED Status: Completed    Date 08/03/12

- APPEAL ADMITTED Status: Completed Date 08/03/12

APPEAL REPLY

- APPEAL REPLY FILED

- PROCEDURES SENT TO COURT OF APPEALS TO RESOLVE APPEAL Status: Completed Date: 12/11/2012 

You used to send out a document explaining what the next steps are and expectd timescales, I would like to see this re-introduced as an addition to the quarterly updates along with a summary of the steps taken between the dates.  

In the example I have given, I have no idea what "PROCEDURES SENT TO COURT OF APPEALS TO RESOLVE APPEAL" actually means? What happened between the 15/05/2012 and the 12/11/2012, is it a delay on behalf of the courts? did Costa Luz delay sending the procedures until the 12/11/2012? when can I expect a date for the appeal hearing?

As you can see, not including the detail and not knowing what is happening, leads to frustration and prompts further questions, so not providing the detail in the updates probably causes more work later on answering the emails.

Hope this helps.

Kelju

Like 0      
04 Apr 2013 9:43 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Kelju:

Thanks a lot for your contribution.

We actually can send over again the initial general information document where the whole procedure is explained so you will have it as a complement of the update. Thanks.

We can also send over our FAQ document, which will also add.

I am bringing these two things, coming for your great post with suggestions to our weekly meeting ( for clients care improvement, mainly) tomorrow.

Thanks again and best of regards,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Apr 2013 5:10 PM by M11block Star rating. 179 posts Send private message

Hello Maria

Last time you asked for suggestions, someone suggested that clients are simply copied in to all emails between court lawyers and yourself. Would you not think this might be a good idea, then we would be able to see things as they happen. We won our case in 2010 but are still waiting for the bank to pay up. Our December update said "The court has issued a writ to the bank on the 19th December" we have waited anxiously for an email since then to see how the bank responded, but .... Nothing ... Being realistic with regard to the April update we are not really expecting anything positive, as you have told us that if anything positive does happen you would let us know straight away. So if that is the case surely the quarterly updates are just a formality. If we were copied in to emails between the court litigators , the banks and yourselves we would know what is happening as it happens. I know these communications would be in Spanish, but we would just have to work hard trying to translate them. But this could be supported by your quarterly updates as an synopsis overview of what has gone on in the past three months. R and G

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 10:40 AM by chrisbw Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

As a client, I would like to see everything to do with my case. All letters, court statements, everthing. They can be sent raw, in spainish, it doesn't matter. At the moment, you pay over a large sum of money and simply have to close your eyes and hold your breath until you hear something at the end - it just adds to the stress.

If you did send everything, I am sure you could make some money by offering translations for those that wanted it, and all you'd have to do is outsource the work to a local translator who, no doubt, would be very happy for the income.

Just a thought,

Chris

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 12:52 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear M11block and chrisbw:

Thanks for your inputs and for your reassurance, we ae completely aware of what the clients´ wishes are, mainly through the great contribution of a member of the team, who is also a client and victim of same problem as you are.

We try to balance those wishes with what is actually effectively informative for clients. We conduct weekly meetings of 2-3 hours for this to happen for your benefit. Always counting we can ( and should not) satisfy every single need or wish.

Thanks as always,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 1:19 PM by jerryb Star rating in UK. 21 posts Send private message

Hello Maria,

It is good that you are looking to improve your customer care service, and I absolutely concur with the suggestions proposed on this thread.

It is the 'not knowing' and limited feedback which causes much of the stress.

Best wishes, Jerry.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 1:24 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Always remember that Court cases are long, long process.

We track our cases on a periodical basis but in many occassions we can do very little on regards to Courts rythm and overload

Again and within those limits we are on a constant improvement effort.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 05/04/2013.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 05/04/2013.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 2:07 PM by chrisbw Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi,

I agree everyone's comments. By including the client in every communication, the client would have confidence they knew what you knew, so we would never have to email to ask if there was any news. Plus, for those of us not used to handing problems over to others to deal with, it would make us feel part of the action. In medicine, a major contributing factor in a patients well being is the feeling that they are actual doing something positive to resolve the illness. I know I would definitely be a happier if I felt I was involved in the process. It is very hard to hand over a large sum of money to a stranger in a distant country and hope they are doing everything they can for you. It is more a matter of faith than trust.

I have no doubt that we made the right decision going with Costa Luz. Seeing you contribute to this forum and talking with other clients here, has made the process a lot easier to cope with. But more client involvement would ease the stress just that little bit more. I am sure, though, this is all easier said than done.

Chris

Like 0      
05 Apr 2013 2:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Chris:

I do take note.

There is no much communication with Courts lawyers which is not known by clients in the way you can understand and makes the process easier for you.

Anyhow, I am sure you undestand, there are other technical matters that have no meaning to clients and do not help them in any sense.

Balance,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

housing shortage in malaga - 0 posts
Squatting - 11 posts
ANYBODY NEED ANYTHING BRINGING FROM UK TO SPAIN AROUND MAY 20TH - CAN BRING DOGS IF NEEDED - 0 posts
Building Costs Spain - 2 posts
Embargo on our house info please - 11 posts
European Ombudsman seminar "It's our Europe: Let's get active!" April 23rd 2013 - 3 posts
Crossing a line in the sand - 3 posts
Dorothy - 5 posts
Is it right Maria C refuses to speak to her client over negligence? - 21 posts
Apartments for Sale..La Condesa de Mijas - 6 posts
All Inclusive Cruise Valencia - 2 posts
For Sale Bookcase 3 piece suite and computer station with chair 1.3 dish - 1 posts
interlinking communities - 1 posts
non resident tax - 3 posts
driving lessons - 3 posts
bingo - 0 posts
Cyprus 60% haircut, about time too! - 24 posts
Walking in the Subbetica - 8 posts
Smart TV with built in Freesat - 2 posts
Tabacs location - 4 posts
The UKs freezing easter climate. Starting a rush to Spain - 2 posts
State schools Marbella - 1 posts
Bank of Spain, Official exchange rates for 2012 - 3 posts
shop licence in Mijas - 1 posts
working on your own home at weekends etc - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x