Sky UK to add subtitles to FTA channels - Sky News, Pick TV & Challenge.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Apr 2013 11:45 AM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

Mark Beer who suffers from a hearing impairment, lodged a complaint with Ofcom follow failed attempts to communicate directly with BSkyB (and freesat) in reference to DVB subtitles being missing from BSkyB owned channels, Sky News, PickTV and Challenge. 

These three channels launched on freesat back in December 2012 and have still to this date not implemented the required subtitles in accordance with Ofcom ‘Code on TV Access Services’; yet they are available on Sky, Virgin Media and Freeview.

The successful outcome of this being that Ofcom have forced BSkyB to comply with an expected launch of the end of this month after testing.

This will benefit those with hearing impairment who use satellite systems for the reception of UK TV overseas.

www.televisiontechnology.eu - Satellite TV, network telecomms, IPTV & community support.

www.facebook.com/televisiontechnology

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Isobel - 2 posts
What social class are you? - 18 posts
New Double Taxation Agreement between Spain and UK - 65 posts
even more rentals will become illegal - 3 posts
Buyers Commission !! - 5 posts
Rossetti buy me some beer - 2 posts
I apologise for mistake with moderator - 3 posts
Drawing a line in the sand (again) - 2 posts
Hoping to move my family and I to Spain!! - 46 posts
Communication with clients by Costa Luz Lawyers - 9 posts
housing shortage in malaga - 0 posts
Squatting - 11 posts
ANYBODY NEED ANYTHING BRINGING FROM UK TO SPAIN AROUND MAY 20TH - CAN BRING DOGS IF NEEDED - 0 posts
Building Costs Spain - 2 posts
Embargo on our house info please - 11 posts
European Ombudsman seminar "It's our Europe: Let's get active!" April 23rd 2013 - 3 posts
Crossing a line in the sand - 3 posts
Dorothy - 5 posts
Is it right Maria C refuses to speak to her client over negligence? - 21 posts
Apartments for Sale..La Condesa de Mijas - 6 posts
All Inclusive Cruise Valencia - 2 posts
For Sale Bookcase 3 piece suite and computer station with chair 1.3 dish - 1 posts
interlinking communities - 1 posts
non resident tax - 3 posts
driving lessons - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x