Drawing a line in the sand (again)

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Apr 2013 11:39 AM by johnfrith Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Mungry, I did like your previous post on a now closed thread, but  I don't think anyone else will be surprised if I "whine" after losing about €9000+ in mortgage and community fees cost due to incompetence of a lawyer over a routine matter.

I note that the moderators have again blocked the original thread. That's twice it's been blocked in 48 hours! I'm sure they have some rationalisation for their actions. I'm sure none of us would be so suspicious as to suggest that they wish the disscussion to "go away", would we?

And as they don't have any vested interest in making the discussion "go away", I'm sure they wouldn't mind me responding to their message to me in public. They said....

".......... which is why it wasn't edited out, that would be fascism and we wouldn't have a forum. The only words that were edited out were "I would advise anyone against ..." and her "surname"  so it would not generate collateral damage outside of the forum for an issue we know nothing about, as all posts are public and indexed in google. Everyone on the forum knows who you are talking about and if you hadn't taken the step to try and drive people away from her business instead of concentrating on what happened to you nothing would have been edited as you are sharing your experience. ........I am sorry,  but your "message" or "discontent" was not censored in any way or form. 

Eos Moderators."

I understand taking out her name, but your post is factually incorrect. Besides the two instances mentioned that were removed, the following were also censored:

"a lawyer that doesn't deal with complaints is a bad lawyer"

"does anyone know how to complain to the lawyers supervisory body" (thanks to those who have now answered that)

Clearly these comments are not a malicious attacky, and I struggle to think of a legitmate reason why the moderators  would not want the public to know. As the moderator said "Commenting and giving personal opinions is fine even if they are negative, after all this is a forum."

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 11:51 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear John:

With all due respect and wanting to bring understanding and peace to this.

In my opinion, we have answered all your questions at the same level we have to all our clients which are quite satisfied. 

I an understand youw want to talk to me on the phone but, it is just a matter of system and organisation. Looked into the real way, written responses are always safer to clients as they remain there for any future misunderstanding, clarification or.... claim.

I am very happy to keep answering your emails as I have done so far. It would also be nice to let people know that we won your case :)

Cheers and warmest regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 12:45 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Hi John

Hoping to draw this conflict to an end on our moderating rules, our "private" message was in fact "factually correct" . 

The two sentances you refer to "that were also censored",  were not present in your original post at any time nor edited out. In fact you actually said you forgot to write that in the original post when you wrote your second post, which is where these two comments actually appear " un-edited" and still appear today, so let's be fair, and as you have already agreed that what we edited in the original post you understood and accepted, I trust we can bring this to an end, as there is nothing else to be questioned and please don't confuse personal opinions with personal attacks.

01 Apr 2013 16:16 by johnfrith Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Hoping to move my family and I to Spain!! - 46 posts
Communication with clients by Costa Luz Lawyers - 9 posts
housing shortage in malaga - 0 posts
Squatting - 11 posts
ANYBODY NEED ANYTHING BRINGING FROM UK TO SPAIN AROUND MAY 20TH - CAN BRING DOGS IF NEEDED - 0 posts
Building Costs Spain - 2 posts
Embargo on our house info please - 11 posts
European Ombudsman seminar "It's our Europe: Let's get active!" April 23rd 2013 - 3 posts
Crossing a line in the sand - 3 posts
Dorothy - 5 posts
Is it right Maria C refuses to speak to her client over negligence? - 21 posts
Apartments for Sale..La Condesa de Mijas - 6 posts
All Inclusive Cruise Valencia - 2 posts
For Sale Bookcase 3 piece suite and computer station with chair 1.3 dish - 1 posts
interlinking communities - 1 posts
non resident tax - 3 posts
driving lessons - 3 posts
bingo - 0 posts
Cyprus 60% haircut, about time too! - 24 posts
Walking in the Subbetica - 8 posts
Smart TV with built in Freesat - 2 posts
Tabacs location - 4 posts
The UKs freezing easter climate. Starting a rush to Spain - 2 posts
State schools Marbella - 1 posts
Bank of Spain, Official exchange rates for 2012 - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x