Aifos showing Bank accounts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Oct 2013 4:06 PM by M11Block Star rating. 179 posts Send private message

Hello Maria, can you choose which court you go to? And why are Courts different in different parts of the country, surely they should all be saying the same thing?

How can they say you will receive your money in 10 years time, that does not make any sense. How can they make people wait that long. Where is the money being held and by whom for the next ten years. I think the world has gone mad. 10 years to complete a Court Case and 10 years to wait for your money. How many people live long enough to get their money back. I don't think we will if this is turning out to be the accepted norm in Spain.

Why can they just not settle all these outstanding debts by negotiating to give people property? All those empty properties, all those unhappy cheated people who have lost money over and over again. Settle with properties and get the economy going again. It seems so simple to me. But I also feel that the Banks would rather just hang on to the money and the properties and are just waiting for some miracle housing boom so they can make yet another killing?

Like 0      
22 Oct 2013 8:27 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Belucky,

I remember speaking to Alvaro Briales Navarrete. This is what he said in a follow up email:-

Dear Paul,

Following our phone conversation, the Agreement we mentioned in our letter it is that, Aifos has reached an agreement with Cajasur to finish of the blocks already constructed and unfinished of Cortijo of Torreblanca, that would be commercially known as D1 and D2, in solitary self. 

For this we need to know the number of customers interested in your home D2 2ºF. 

One requirement is that the rate of adherence is not less than 85% of the steps to build and proving the correct constitution of applicants under self-promoters. 

The selling price and mortgage payment that is reflected in the contracts are respected as such. Cajasur reserves the right to grant the said mortgage, after studying the file of each client / self-promoter. 

The financing of the work shall be performed by certified Cajasur the builder in the usual form of such contracts. 

Self-promoters/clients must sign the mortgage mentioned at the beginning of the project with a lack of 3 years, it is estimated that the work does not exceed 18 months, and the developer part will be compensate with the money already  paid by you to Aifos.

On the other hand we have to inform you that, Aifos has deposited with the notary Mr. Lozano and D. Juan Pino Jose Andres Navas Hidalgo, located in Alameda de Colón n º 2 1 º, Malaga (telephone 952 228 890), proposed arrangements, compositions, and feasibility and business plan, within the contest that is currently immersed.

I enclose a copy of the proposed agreement, urging him to accede to it by signing on completion to get the support needed for approval.

Any clarification you need about it, please contact me.

Regards,

Alvaro Briales

Aifos Arq. y Prom. Inmobiliarias S.A.
C/ Generación nº 48 · 29004 · Málaga

Telf : 952 129 200 · Fax: 952 178 233

Móv: 647 750 883 · albriales@aifos.es

They actually wanted me to sign an agreement to say that I would buy the property once it had been built by another developer. This was going to start in 3 years and would take 18 months to build. There was a one page document attached that had some kind of agreement between the Cajasur bank and the new developer. However, they wanted me to pay the original purchase price (€120k) minus what i had already paid to Aifos (€50k). The properties would only be worth a fraction of what they had originally been sold for, maybe 80-90k, so I would immediately have been in negative equity and, besides, wouldn't have got a mortgage anyway.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2013 8:42 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Hello Maria, can you choose which court you go to? And why are Courts different in different parts of the country, surely they should all be saying the same thing?

How can they say you will receive your money in 10 years time, that does not make any sense. How can they make people wait that long. Where is the money being held and by whom for the next ten years. I think the world has gone mad. 10 years to complete a Court Case and 10 years to wait for your money. How many people live long enough to get their money back. I don't think we will if this is turning out to be the accepted norm in Spain.

Why can they just not settle all these outstanding debts by negotiating to give people property? All those empty properties, all those unhappy cheated people who have lost money over and over again. Settle with properties and get the economy going again. It seems so simple to me. But I also feel that the Banks would rather just hang on to the money and the properties and are just waiting for some miracle housing boom so they can make yet another killing?

M11Block,

Yes, it is a crazy situation and it shouldn't happen in a first world country.

I agree with you about housing all these people (like me and you) in empty properties and this idea has been sounded out by one or two on here. I think Maria was starting something off about that, but that was a while ago. I would happily consider a decent property at the right, market price just so that I can puit all this behind me.

The banks owe money for properties and the banks have hundreds of thousands of properties sitting empty/half finished. The banks are happy to sit on the properties and let people lose their deposits until they have forgotten about them, then sell them off in a few more years when the market has rebounded.

Their plan has a problem, though. It's called Keith Rule!

Like 0      
23 Oct 2013 11:38 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi Fizarelli,

I do not fully understand what this person "Alvaro" is getting at with his email to you, however your circumstances are not the same as mine, as our property was never built.

Anyway we will waite and see what information he sends to me, and I will keep you informed.

Cheers

Like 0      
23 Oct 2013 6:01 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Belucky,

Sorry, I just assumed that your development had had some kind of build started, like my development (Cortijo de Torreblanca).

It would be an interesting idea that he has suggested - maybe they have calculated that they might save money by avoiding court cases, who knows.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2013 11:40 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi Fazarelli,

I will be interested in what he says but I'm afraid that I cannot believe any of it, as the "ten year" period is ridiculous!!!!!

So much can happen in those years, infact will AIFOS still exist ?????

Like 0      
24 Oct 2013 8:25 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Yep. Even if he sends you a document to sign with a Notary, you know it aint worth the paper it is written on, just like the last contract you signed with them.

It could also be a way of extending the contract you already have with them so that you cant sue the bank instead (whom probably own Aifos anyway, being the biggest creditors).

Like 0      
25 Oct 2013 10:10 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Fazarelli,

My contract with AIFOS was cancelled in 2009 when we took them to court, and won !!

Like 0      
31 Oct 2014 10:58 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Please report here on how Aifos meeting goes today

We have not attended on behalf of our clients as in our perspective, that is actually or potentiallt detrimental for law 57/68 rights

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rural Property Taxes - 0 posts
Sky UK to add subtitles to FTA channels - Sky News, Pick TV & Challenge. - 0 posts
Isobel - 2 posts
What social class are you? - 18 posts
New Double Taxation Agreement between Spain and UK - 65 posts
even more rentals will become illegal - 3 posts
Buyers Commission !! - 5 posts
Rossetti buy me some beer - 2 posts
I apologise for mistake with moderator - 3 posts
Drawing a line in the sand (again) - 2 posts
Hoping to move my family and I to Spain!! - 46 posts
Communication with clients by Costa Luz Lawyers - 9 posts
housing shortage in malaga - 0 posts
Squatting - 11 posts
ANYBODY NEED ANYTHING BRINGING FROM UK TO SPAIN AROUND MAY 20TH - CAN BRING DOGS IF NEEDED - 0 posts
Building Costs Spain - 2 posts
Embargo on our house info please - 11 posts
European Ombudsman seminar "It's our Europe: Let's get active!" April 23rd 2013 - 3 posts
Crossing a line in the sand - 3 posts
Dorothy - 5 posts
Is it right Maria C refuses to speak to her client over negligence? - 21 posts
Apartments for Sale..La Condesa de Mijas - 6 posts
All Inclusive Cruise Valencia - 2 posts
For Sale Bookcase 3 piece suite and computer station with chair 1.3 dish - 1 posts
interlinking communities - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x