Is it right Maria C refuses to speak to her client over negligence?

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2013 4:08 PM by johnfrith Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Do you think this is responsiblie behaviour?

A tenant had not paid his rent for 2 years. A local lawyer had been through the process of sending him bureaufax to evict him, without success. It was time to take court action, so in August '12 I asked Maria ** EDITED - Against forum rules ** to evict him. I changed lawyer as she had a POA for me, and the first lawyer didn't.. She explained that it would take several months because nothing much happened in the courts during the holidays, but that I should deposit the court eviction fee, so I paid her €1060.

At the start of the year I was wondering how the eviction was going, and it turns out all she had done was send another bureaufax, which the first lawyer had already done! She knew after 2 years of him not paying rent that I wanted court action, and why else would I pay her the court fees?

To add insult to injury, she is now refusing to talk to me! I have dealt with lawyers for 25 years, and I've never had a lawyer refuse to speak to me.

I had hoped that Maria, because of her profile here, would provide me a good service, but I believe she's been negligent, ** EDITED - Against forum rules **The arrogance of refusing to talk to a client!

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 01/04/2013.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 4:16 PM by johnfrith Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Also, I forgot to say that I repeatedly (maybe 8 times, in writing) asked her for her complaints procedure, including how to complain to the organisation that regulates her profession, but she just blanks me. I don't think she would be able to get away with that in England. Refusing to take on board a complaint is a sign of a bad lawyer.

So if she won't tell me, anyone else know what the lawyer regulatory body is, and how you complain about a lawyer to them?

Thanks for any help.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 4:19 PM by johnfrith Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Just to be clear, I'm talking about ** EDITED - Naming Company - Against forum rules ** who feature heavily on this site.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 6:35 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

PLEASE REMEMBER THE FORUM RULES

Nº 5 : DON'T MENTION COMPANY OR EMPLOYEE NAMES - Please do not use the forums to complain about companies or individuals.  We are not in a position to be held liable for defamatory content on our site over which we know nothing about.  Therefore, please do not mention any company names or their staff if you have any compaints.  This is not the place to vent your anger.

THANKS

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 7:06 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

As a matter of interest the previous thread criticizes a car hire company and names then. What is the difference between that thread and this one?

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 7:21 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Nothing, it too has been moderated. 

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 8:09 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

That's fine then you have obviously just edited. But I must say I think in the past there has been many threads which have named and criticized companies and they have not been edited. Is this a new policy? Also what happens if someone gives positive feedback about a company does that mean anyone who has had a bad experience with that business can't comment?

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 8:28 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Hi Nigela no this is not a new rule it has always been on the "list" 

Commenting and giving personal opinions is fine even if they are negative, after all this is a forum. What we do discourage are posts that directly set out to attack a company or company employee. One thing is sharing your experience whether good or bad and letting people reach their own conclusions and another thing is to vent your anger and try to actively persuade people not to go near "them". 

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 8:47 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I think this is a very thin line between what is allowed and what is not personally I can't see the difference between the comments on this and many other threads I have seen in the past.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 10:20 PM by snackie Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I agree that we should not use the forum in order to defame someone or a company unfairly but, sometimes, a forum is the only place where others can be warned about 'bad practitioners'. I handed over a substantial amount of money (over 10,000 euros) to a 'reputable agent' who convinced me that his assistant used to work at the local notary and would take my purchase tax to the relevant department while we signed the purchase contract with the notary. I subsequently found out that the agent kept the money for himself and hid my escritura (so that i couldnt see that the tax - obviously unstamped - forms had been destroyed), telling me that it was being updated by the town hall and would take a few months to be returned. I only realised that the tax had not been paid when the tax office threatened me with an ambargo on my house. when i finally managed to track the agent down, he simply admitted his crime but reminded me that his company was S.L. and was soon to go out of business. I would love to expose him to save others being conned by him but forum rules forbit it

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 9:19 AM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

Many of the posts are about bad or good service provided by restaraunts, car hire companies, developers, Banks, air lines .... the list goes on.

So howcomes this posting is different?

Roeestti

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 6:48 PM by cheryll Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Never mind about defaming companies blah blah....We have not heard Marias´s side of this matter. (of course she could have replied to JohnFirth by private message) but she has always been a stalwart  on this site and I am sure nobody wants to lose confidence in her.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 7:06 PM by johnfrith Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

cheryll, I would like to hear MC's version, but as she's refused to talk to me, I have no idea. It's not like we talked and argued - she just won't talk.

I agree that every company (and person, including myself) makes mistakes. If there had been some attempt at reconciliation on MC's part, this could have been sorted out to both side's satisfaction.

Moderator, thank you for unblocking this thread. I agree that was better than deleting the thread, but what "forum rule" led you to censor my statement (of fact) that a certain person had refused to advise me of her complaints procedure, or advise me of how to make a complaint to the lawyer's regulatory authority? And to censor my request for that same information from the readers?

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 7:20 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar
I too used the services of someone who promotes their company on this forum . I paid almost 1000 euros in advance . All that was done for me was a burofax sent to the institution concerned, I was very disappointed with the lack of service and failure to resolve the problem despite the promises made. This turned out to be a very expensive burofax! I was warned by private message not to use this person but because I was so desperate I ignored this advice.
Be careful! There may be recommendations and praise for this person and her business on this site but not all clients are happy ones.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 7:38 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Another rule of this forum is: " not to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services". This rule seems to be continually flauted by the accused. Many other companies and indivuals have been named and shamed here, some have stood their ground and fought their corner and even exonerated themselves much to the embarrasement of the accuser! Could it be that advertisers get priviledges?

Forums are a great source of information but when they are censored too much one starts to dismiss them.

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 8:31 PM by gaula Star rating in marbella and the u.k. 64 posts Send private message

Advertisers do get priviledges - they pay for them .........without advertisers this site would not exsist .

in answer to the long lost question of how do you complain about a lawyer the answer is you complain to the college that gave them their degree as this is who insures them . You obtain their abogados number and the college ( the internet is a wonderful source of information on this ) and off you go .You write your complaint and its investigated .simples !!

As i said on a previous thread linked to this no business in the world can keep all the people happy all the time  whether it be because of clients unrealistic expectations or simply due to human error ( suprisingly enough it is rumoured that lawyers are humans to )

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 9:04 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

If advertisers were delisted this site would not EXIST it has to be funded somehow.

I do remember it been suggested that the members contribute to the COSTS and get some form of UPGRADE but I guess the uptake was NEGLIGIBLE.

I have however NOTICED recently some companies advertising who anyone with any SENSE should stay well clear of..

Of course I am not allowed to mention NAMES.

Rod

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 9:13 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Anyone with any common "sense" would have noticed that  2 or 3 stooges turned up at the same time all aiming to capture some gullible mugs. The Dragons Den turned down one of the products they hawk on their site (air-"con" energy saving crap) along with the spectre of €250 plus EPC certificates. What a rip off! Stay well clear unless you have money to burn.

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 10:02 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

And has anybody noticed the increased usage of signature lines for promoting websites? Have pointed this out to mods. People start threads with no reason other than to advertise IMHO. Would be great to get this site got on a helpful and even keel. I suspect Mods want this too!

Juan

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 02/04/2013.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 1:11 AM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Hi Juan

It is actually permitted under forum rules to add your web site address to your signature, this is about the only "free advertsing" that is allowed. The rest is up to the poster to build a reputation for himself either by posting informative comments or via a blog. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Apartments for Sale..La Condesa de Mijas - 6 posts
All Inclusive Cruise Valencia - 2 posts
For Sale Bookcase 3 piece suite and computer station with chair 1.3 dish - 1 posts
interlinking communities - 1 posts
non resident tax - 3 posts
driving lessons - 3 posts
bingo - 0 posts
Cyprus 60% haircut, about time too! - 24 posts
Walking in the Subbetica - 8 posts
Smart TV with built in Freesat - 2 posts
Tabacs location - 4 posts
The UKs freezing easter climate. Starting a rush to Spain - 2 posts
State schools Marbella - 1 posts
Bank of Spain, Official exchange rates for 2012 - 3 posts
shop licence in Mijas - 1 posts
working on your own home at weekends etc - 1 posts
Jet 2 discount code - 7 posts
Re cover garden furniture - 3 posts
Dictatorship? - 18 posts
Asian food shop in Torrevieja??? - 5 posts
Spanish Bank Issue - PLEASE HELP!!! - 5 posts
Good Morning World." HAPPY" You Bet I am. - 7 posts
Just an experiment - 15 posts
Chimney and flue sweeping in Spain - 6 posts
Need advice! EU & Non-EU - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x