driving lessons

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2013 2:40 PM by redbreast Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi, iam shortly holidaying in torremolinos and am looking for a driving school to familiarise with driving on the wrong side of the road I have a full uk licence but have never drivrn abroad before any advice will be welcome

regards redbreast

Like 0      
30 Mar 2013 5:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Save your money.  It is not that difficult.

As a 16 year old in the UK, I taught myself to drive a motorcycle and then at 17 a car.   No lessons,  I passed both tests first time.

When I had my DL for cars, I had a friend who used to sell old American cars.  I would borrow a car from him for a day or two almost every week, to ‘take them off his car front’ to make it look as if he was selling stock.   They were all left hand drive, some autos, some manuals, all big.   No problems.

I went to France when I was 18,  no problem in my RH drive car,  with driving on the  'wrong side' of the road. 

I have driven thousands of miles on the right, the left, with RH drives and LD drives, in a number of countries, including the USA where for 5 months I had a 30 foot motor home and towed a Ford Fiesta.

Don’t worry about it.  Give it a go.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2013 11:51 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

HI, not a bad idea as i have seen many people drive on the wrongside here or go the wrong way around a roundabout, however i would say just go out when the road is quiet and practice a little you will soon get the hang of it. just concentrate and you will be fine.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2013 12:31 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

If driving a left hand drive car you will not find it too difficult. A good tip is to remember that as the driver you will always be next to the centre of the road, important to get that correct when turning left. Get your passengers to be quiet as well. I well remember driving in the US and having a "debate" with my husband and kids as whether we should be turning right or left off the freeway. I decided to be decisive and turn left, which I did onto the wrong carriageway! Luckily there was nothing coming and the road was wide enough to do a "Uey". Moral is keep concentrating

Good luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

bingo - 0 posts
Cyprus 60% haircut, about time too! - 24 posts
Walking in the Subbetica - 8 posts
Smart TV with built in Freesat - 2 posts
Tabacs location - 4 posts
The UKs freezing easter climate. Starting a rush to Spain - 2 posts
State schools Marbella - 1 posts
Bank of Spain, Official exchange rates for 2012 - 3 posts
shop licence in Mijas - 1 posts
working on your own home at weekends etc - 1 posts
Jet 2 discount code - 7 posts
Re cover garden furniture - 3 posts
Dictatorship? - 18 posts
Asian food shop in Torrevieja??? - 5 posts
Spanish Bank Issue - PLEASE HELP!!! - 5 posts
Good Morning World." HAPPY" You Bet I am. - 7 posts
Just an experiment - 15 posts
Chimney and flue sweeping in Spain - 6 posts
Need advice! EU & Non-EU - 0 posts
Places to get leather in Spain - 5 posts
Buying a computer in Spain - 12 posts
Moving to spain a few questions - 0 posts
MTV free to air on satellite - 0 posts
BBC HD satellite updates - 2 posts
Non EU driving License? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x