Smart TV with built in Freesat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2013 9:21 AM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

Hi everyone,

I am back and forth to Spain and have been for 9 years. I have a 2m dish and receive brilliant TV with no end of channels via a small Bush Freesat box. I am happy.

I only have a land line but when I make my move to Spain full time will organise broadband etc. Which wont be much longer - yippeeee..............

I will be driving over in a couple of weeks and want to bring with me an all singin all dancing Smart TV with built in Freesat - with the facility of Skype, Wi-Fi etc. I would also like the 'catch up' facility up and running although for the time being - not that important.

Can anyone forsee any problems that I might encounter - although obviously I dont have a router at the mo but I am thinking of organising a PAYG router - although I have to say the Wi-Fi on the TV isn't a major issue to me at present - same as not using a laptop or tablet in my house - as I have a few friends that never mind me using their Wi-Fi to send a few emails or Skype.

Does anyone know if I would be able to have full functionality of the TV using Mi-F.

Thank you.

Regards

Mumashine

Like 0      
31 Mar 2013 10:40 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

To access the UK TV Catchup services on Freesat (or Sky)  you will need to use a UK IP address on your internet service, usually by subscribing to a VPN / DNS service that offers such things.Otherwise, the "iplayers" will see your Spanish Ip address, and you will be "geo blocked" from accessing their content - in the same way that it is blocked if you try to connect to it via a PC.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
01 Apr 2013 5:31 PM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

Regards,

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tabacs location - 4 posts
The UKs freezing easter climate. Starting a rush to Spain - 2 posts
State schools Marbella - 1 posts
Bank of Spain, Official exchange rates for 2012 - 3 posts
shop licence in Mijas - 1 posts
working on your own home at weekends etc - 1 posts
Jet 2 discount code - 7 posts
Re cover garden furniture - 3 posts
Dictatorship? - 18 posts
Asian food shop in Torrevieja??? - 5 posts
Spanish Bank Issue - PLEASE HELP!!! - 5 posts
Good Morning World." HAPPY" You Bet I am. - 7 posts
Just an experiment - 15 posts
Chimney and flue sweeping in Spain - 6 posts
Need advice! EU & Non-EU - 0 posts
Places to get leather in Spain - 5 posts
Buying a computer in Spain - 12 posts
Moving to spain a few questions - 0 posts
MTV free to air on satellite - 0 posts
BBC HD satellite updates - 2 posts
Non EU driving License? - 4 posts
Deposit Returned from Arenal Duquesa - Happy Ending - 5 posts
BEACH BARS/RESTAURANTS - 4 posts
Easyjet Winter Flights - 4 posts
Broken ceramic hob, "help" - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x